Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,294 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One VX AT&T

Tip us?

abikutn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] HTC One VX AT&T

I have a device from AT&T and I requested for an unlock and received a code.
  1. I would like to use this in India. But I dont have a indian micro sim to unlock it. Is there any way to clean up the device from those useless AT&T apps and upgrade it to KitKat ? Or is it possible to do it only after I unlock it ?
  2. How can I know what is the latest release of android for a specific phone model, for example HTC ONE VX.

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abikutn View Post
I have a device from AT&T and I requested for an unlock and received a code.
  1. I would like to use this in India. But I dont have a indian micro sim to unlock it. Is there any way to clean up the device from those useless AT&T apps and upgrade it to KitKat ? Or is it possible to do it only after I unlock it ?
  2. How can I know what is the latest release of android for a specific phone model, for example HTC ONE VX.
i cant help you with your international problems but it looks like the device came with ice cream sandwich update (4.0.4) and is upgrade-able to jelly bean 4.1.2 (cant find much about the phone) updates and no word on an offical kit kat update. as for the AT&T bloatware you can root the device and remove them from there, you could flash a custom rom that has kit kat on it if you are willing todo that.
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat (4.4.2) XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113
Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.2) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations on amazon?
Chromecast
Stock
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)