Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,077 Members 37,710 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Audio Lag in Games

Tip us?

thepspgamer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Audio Lag in Games

So far, the z2 for me has been an awesome phone all around, but I do have a major nitpick about the handset, and was wondering if anyone else has this issue..

I have noticed in quite a few of the games that I play, that there is a noticeable delay in audio from what I am doing on screen, for example, I was trying to play cytus last night, however thee was almost a second delay between the music and the actual time you are meant to hit a note

Another example was when I was trying to play sonic cd, the game runs like a dream, however, the audio is about a second behind the gameplay, which sounds very weird when a lot if going on, onscreen..

I have found that some games work fine though, sonic 1 for example works fine, no delay at all..., the same with PSO2es, no delay at all...

Is this a software bug with the phone or is the an audio setting I need to change? Does anyone else have this issue?

Envious_Data
Old
Thanks Meter 747
Its apparently been knoticed as a device specific bug to do with a odd firmware reaction or at least that what i found googling stuff up

Devices:
Sony Xperia Z2 <-(id like my phone back pls its been 39 days!)

"Music Makes me forget the traumas that plague my mind. Music is the cure to a normaly unfixable problem"
-Nozomi Yamauchi

Its imposible for me to be a "normal person" simply bide the fact that there is no such thing as a normal person anywhere in the world exept a manufactured comunity

http://envious.host-my-rom.eu/
Credits to zantekk for the webspacce

davidcartagena
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepspgamer View Post
So far, the z2 for me has been an awesome phone all around, but I do have a major nitpick about the handset, and was wondering if anyone else has this issue..

I have noticed in quite a few of the games that I play, that there is a noticeable delay in audio from what I am doing on screen, for example, I was trying to play cytus last night, however thee was almost a second delay between the music and the actual time you are meant to hit a note

Another example was when I was trying to play sonic cd, the game runs like a dream, however, the audio is about a second behind the gameplay, which sounds very weird when a lot if going on, onscreen..

I have found that some games work fine though, sonic 1 for example works fine, no delay at all..., the same with PSO2es, no delay at all...

Is this a software bug with the phone or is the an audio setting I need to change? Does anyone else have this issue?
Mine has an audio sync problem when I play 4K movies recorded with the Z2. The sync problem is also present when I play the movies on my PC.

Greetings David

JMonkeYJ
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I have the delay problem when playing some games. Very annoying. Is there some sound processing that can be turned off to fix it?