Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,385 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Status Bar

Tip us?

hezirance
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Post [Q] Status Bar

At first I thought I was the only one suffering from this annoyance, but then I saw this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgvTFu6UKJI
See, the problem is that whenever I send or receive a message, this icon pops up. At first I thought I was delusional, but then it repeatedly became clear that this was truly a bug. I managed to get a screenshot of it (which was really difficult considering that it only pops up for about half a second). I want to know if I anyone else has had this issue, and whether or not someone found a workaround from it popping up. Anyone at all?

hattrickinc
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Are you using Hangouts?

hezirance
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Nope! Stock everything, and unrooted. Using the HTC messaging app
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy S1, Samsung Galaxy S3
Current Beast: HTC One (M8y)

Technowhiteboi
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hezirance View Post
At first I thought I was the only one suffering from this annoyance, but then I saw this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgvTFu6UKJI
See, the problem is that whenever I send or receive a message, this icon pops up. At first I thought I was delusional, but then it repeatedly became clear that this was truly a bug. I managed to get a screenshot of it (which was really difficult considering that it only pops up for about half a second). I want to know if I anyone else has had this issue, and whether or not someone found a workaround from it popping up. Anyone at all?

Hey man I got the same thing going on. had this happening on stock and it still happens in any other stock sense 6 based rom that I have tried but I dont know what it is.

lostangelintx
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technowhiteboi View Post
Hey man I got the same thing going on. had this happening on stock and it still happens in any other stock sense 6 based rom that I have tried but I dont know what it is.
Probably Carrier IQ for some reason tracking your location. My LG G2 does the same thing.

dressanderc
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
This bothered me as well, but I have since gotten rid of it. Granted that you're rooted, you can download an Xposed module called NotifyClean. It listens for "notifications" in the status bar, and you have the option to disable them. Download/install/activate the module, turn on the listening feature, and send a message. When you go back into NotifyClean, you'll see "Data Usage". Select that, then select "Data usage is running". It should highlight the selection in red, and ultimately get rid of the little annoying icon that shows up for a split second.
The Following User Says Thank You to dressanderc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hezirance
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
It seems that I'm not the only one having an issue. Well hopefully there's a better work around for this because I don't plan rooting my phone for a long time! Flashing roms and tweaks could be addicting haha! Hopefully someone finds a better fix to hide this annoying notification!

My Beer Belly
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
It seems that I'm not the only one having an issue. Well hopefully there's a better work around for this because I don't plan rooting my phone for a long time! Flashing roms and tweaks could be addicting haha! Hopefully someone finds a better fix to hide this annoying notification!
Yeah, take it from someone that flashed a ROM today and every mod/tweak I could find... it gets addicting. I spent 8 hours at my computer today going over various mods and personalizing my phone. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything to help with your issue that doesn't involve root. If you know what is causing the notification then you may be able to go into settings>apps>all and disable the offender?

hezirance
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Beer Belly View Post
Yeah, take it from someone that flashed a ROM today and every mod/tweak I could find... it gets addicting. I spent 8 hours at my computer today going over various mods and personalizing my phone. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything to help with your issue that doesn't involve root. If you know what is causing the notification then you may be able to go into settings>apps>all and disable the offender?
I managed to get a screenshot, and I checked what app was causing it but it was a system app called "Data Usage". Anyone know how to turn off data usage notifications? Turning off data usage alert doesn't help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10253930_767892139896026_6227179763097757664_n.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	2737108  

altimax98
Old
Thanks Meter 444
This is normal behavior. While it shouldn't be popping up, its normal as in that it is what is done when a SMS/MMS is sent while on WiFi.

You can locate the app through Application Manager and tap it to Disable Notifications. This doesnt require root or anything.
Phones:
  • Motorola Q, Motorola Q9C, Samsung Omnia, Motorola Droid,
  • HTC Incredible, HTC Thunderbolt, Droid RAZR, Toro, Maguro, HTC One, Note 3
  • Nexus 5, Galaxy S5, HTC One (M8)
Tablets/Other:
  • B&N Nook Color, HP Touchpad, iPad(2012),Nexus7 (12 & 13), Nexus 10, Toshiba Chromebook

Tags
data usage, pop up, status bar