Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 50,718 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G2 Bugs/Problems/Issues Thread *VIDEOS INSIDE*

Tip us?

jayochs
Old
(Last edited by jayochs; 19th September 2013 at 12:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2718
Default G2 Bugs/Problems/Issues Thread *VIDEOS INSIDE*

so i figured starting a general thread for bugs and issues would be a better idea to consolidate everything into one thread!

I've got the Verizon G2, so it would be interesting to see if other carriers have the same issue. These are all, for the most part, software issues.

for me, its:

1.) Launcher Redraw.

video example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpn-hZnEPqg (ending shows homescreen launcher lag too)

I've posted a video yesterday, and will be posting another today showing how after almost every app, the launcher is redrawing, and therefore causes lag if you goto switch screens after hitting home. doesn't always do it, but does for the majority of the time. it does it enough that it warranted me rooting the phone to try to fix it, so I'm going to give v6 supercharger a go soon and do the bulletproof launcher. I'm apprehensive though because we don't have recovery to make a nandroid...

2.) *solved*Lag on notification drop down on lock screen

video example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLWUXOu68d8

did you set your wallpaper to non scrolling? if you didn't know you can do this, you can. if you goto gallery and select a custom wallpaper, at the top it gives the option of non scroll or scroll, which is awesome. however, beware.. when you do non scroll, for some weird reason your notification drop down will lag in the home screen. setting it back to scrolling wallpaper alleviates this. very weird

3.) Audio during video recording.

video example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU6Sp5V5Hv0 (also shown is the "breathing" auto focus we all experience.)

The audio during video recording uses noise cancelling mics, which can be good as we've seen in other flagship phones. however, on the g2, they sound identical to the htc rezound from 2011. that phone had really bad wishy washy underwater sounding audio when the source was remotely loud. the g2 does the same thing sadly. other phones, such as the htc dna (shows that htc learned their lesson..) and the gs3/gs4 do not have this issue.. hell, even the galaxy nexus didn't.

I'm hoping that once we get developers on it, they'll make a modified camera that can allow for either the reduction in gain from the microphones, or to be able to cancel the noise cancellation to stop the underwater sound. on the rezound, htc somewhat fixed it with the ics update. here's hoping LG will do the same.

4.) Speaker has built in limiter/compression.

this is most annoying because i like listening to music on the speaker. sounds good but the thing is its being compressed and limited at a certain level, so you don't actually hear the best quality of the song. for example if the drums get really loud, it compresses and limits them down to your volume level, which takes away intensity of the song and just doesn't make it sound even. hoping to find a setting to turn this off...

5.) screen brightness changes with Auto brightness off depending on what's on the screen.

video example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slwkF...ature=youtu.be

this is that content adaptive brightness crap that they forced on the phone. it changes based on more whites or more blacks on the screen, then dims and brightens accordingly. it's incredibly annoying and there's currently no way to turn it off. in titanium i found an app called content adaptive back light and then i removed it.. it still does it.

what issues are you having with it?

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4
LG G2
Samsung Galaxy S Tab 8.4 (white)
Google Nexus 7 (2013)

Previous Devices:

HTC One M8 (returned)
Samsung Galaxy S5 (returned)
HTC Droid DNA
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb Blue

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (sold)
Nexus 7 2012 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb White (sold)
HTC Incredible (AMOLED)
HTC Eris

HTC Rezound (sold)
HTC Evo View 4G
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jayochs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bova80
Old
(Last edited by bova80; 18th September 2013 at 12:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
my wallpaper doesn't scroll and when I pull the notification bar down I don't have any lag.

jayochs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2718
I'm gonna post the video when i get home from work. it does it every single time I have non scrolling on the stock launcher, and once I switch to scrolling, it's smooth again. remember, this is on the lockscreen.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4
LG G2
Samsung Galaxy S Tab 8.4 (white)
Google Nexus 7 (2013)

Previous Devices:

HTC One M8 (returned)
Samsung Galaxy S5 (returned)
HTC Droid DNA
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb Blue

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (sold)
Nexus 7 2012 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb White (sold)
HTC Incredible (AMOLED)
HTC Eris

HTC Rezound (sold)
HTC Evo View 4G

jmill75
Old
Thanks Meter 258

DONATE TO ME
- Knock knock works 70-80% on the 1st try. Being a huge selling point of this device and something I use ALL the time I would like this to work 100%

BaronInkjet
Old
Thanks Meter 37
1. There is a headphone CPU noise issue when charging. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448854

2. Transparency for status bar/soft buttons only seems to work for stock wallpapers.

I will remember a few more little ones in time.
Current:
Samsung Galaxy S III (I-9300)

History:
LG G2 (D-800)
Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy S II (I-777)

Nexus 7

SysAdmNj
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronInkjet View Post
2. Transparency for status bar/soft buttons only seems to work for stock wallpapers.
I noticed that. I wonder if you could locate the stock wallpaper folder and just put your wallpapers in there. Would it work somehow..

pilot85
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysAdmNj View Post
I noticed that. I wonder if you could locate the stock wallpaper folder and just put your wallpapers in there. Would it work somehow..
Really? when i was playing with the verizon version. the homescreen/app drawer was still transparent with a wallpaper i had downloaded from goodfon.com. when you went to apps it went away. but kept at transparent on the ones i stated. i guess i'll find out tomorrow when my G2 arrives.

xgman
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmill75 View Post
- Knock knock works 70-80% on the 1st try. Being a huge selling point of this device and something I use ALL the time I would like this to work 100%
Yes this is unfortunate and unreliable. I wonder if an update can fix this. They may worried about it being too sensitve.

On another matter, my Verizon version is prone to turning on the camera or note pad when in my pocket via the rear buttons. Even prone to turning on the phone when sitting on a table off because of the sensitivity of the rear buttons. Not sure if it is just the verizon model or both.

WizeGuyDezignz
Old
Thanks Meter 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronInkjet View Post
1. There is a headphone CPU noise issue when charging. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448854

I will remember a few more little ones in time.
Mine are transparent with a custom wallpaper.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1379514723482.jpg
Views:	673
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	2266096  

BaronInkjet
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
Mine are transparent with a custom wallpaper.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda premium
Your pic shows status bar shaded darker. I see truly transparent on stock wallpaper. There is a slight shading on bottom soft keys, but otherwise transparent.

Another thing I see -- transparent forces soft keys to be white regardless of what you select.
Current:

History:
LG G2 (D-800)
Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy S II (I-777)

Nexus 7

The Following User Says Thank You to BaronInkjet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]