Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,417 Members 39,132 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] DLNA not working? Playback on Sony NS510 network speakers and XBMC

Tip us?

crótach
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] DLNA not working? Playback on Sony NS510 network speakers and XBMC

Hi folks,

I can't seem to get DLNA working on the Xperia Z2. Maybe I'm just stupid, but the only setting I've found for these things is "Throw" which searches for devices and only finds my TV.

I also have Sony network speakers NS510 and an OpenELEC XBMC media centre, which worked flawlessly with iPhone and AirPlay.

With the Xperia Z2 they don't show up when Throw looks for devices. I can get around the XBMC issue by using apps like XBMC constellation, Yatze etc, which allow me to "send to XBMC", but it's not integrated with music, photos and videos like the iPhone was.

The worst past however is that I cannot connect my Sony phone to my Sony speaker, because Sony app "Network Audio Remote" doesn't work on android kitkat and they haven't bothered to fix it for months.

Anyone know of a way to coax the phone to play nice with DLNA devices in the home network?

xsacha
Old
Thanks Meter 199
If you go in to settings if any if the Sony Media apps like Album, Walkman or Movies, it has a Media Sharing setting. Turn that on and it will start
Nokia 2600 (2004) -> Samsung i780 (2007) -> Nokia 5800 (2008) -> Nokia N8 (2010) -> Nokia C7 (2011) -> Nokia E7 (2011) -> Nokia X7 (2011) -> Nokia E6 (2011) -> Nokia N9 + Asus TF101 (2011) -> Nokia Lumia 800 + Asus TF201 (2012) -> Nokia 808 + Blackberry Playbook (2012) -> Blackberry Q10 (2013) -> Sony Xperia Z2 Phone + Tablet (2014)
Dev blog: http://www.qtness.com/blog/