Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,519 Members 38,388 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Looking for some advice before buying

Tip us?

mikeinchina
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Looking for some advice before buying

Made up my mind, I'm gonna be buying my z2 in the next few weeks unless the g3 completely blows me away. Although I prefer black, I've heard it's quite the fingerprint magnet. Is purple equally prone to this problem? And since I'm buying in China, the noise cancelling earphones won't be included. To anybody using the noise cancelling earphones, are they worth the extra expense? Or do you think that the stock earphones are sufficient? Also getting conflicting reports about battery life. It seems that every major review site declares the z2 average, while most people who actually have the phone is quite satisfied, claiming more than a full day even with heavy use and 6-7 hours of screen on time. What's the deal?

goodpenguin
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have the black one and it is a fingerprint magnet similar to black iphone4 but it's not a deal breaker for me. I put a case anyway and the case is also a fingerprint magnet haha. The NC headset performs very good but I don't know how it compares to the stock earphones. For me it's worth it since the noise cancelling actually works. I'm satisfied with the battery life, if you make purely calls and texts, it will last you at least 2 days. In fact I have a hard time draining the battery for the day and the only way to do this is to play 3D games so that you can charge it. I don't like charging phones when it's still 50%.

HeartUnderBlade
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I have the white one so I can't really say whether the black one is a fingerprint magnet or not. However, I can answer your other questions.

I think the active noise cancellation earbuds are definitely worth it. When it plugs into the phone and the phone activate its noise cancellation it brought a smile to my face. All the cars from the freeway outside my house, all the people around me, everything quieted down to almost a whisper. The minute you turn your music on, you can't hear a thing that is going on around you unless maybe something exploded into your ear lol. As for battery life, I recorded videos, took lots of pictures, constantly turned my phone on to check facebook, watched a bit of shows here and there and I ended up with 50% battery life after 8 hours of use. Do note that I had NFC, bluetooth, and auto-brightness on. I think with moderate use, the battery life is amazing. For heavy power-users, it may last them above average the times of normal phones.

delsus
Old
Thanks Meter 856
I have the black one and yes it gathers a lot of finger prints, but they vanish fast with a bit of breath and a wipe on my top. I lovve the NC headphones, when I was on the bus home just after I bought it, I watched a Youtube video (plugged the headphones in before putting them in my ears) then when I unplugged it from the phones the difference of the volume of the buses engine was huge.

I also this the phone has exceptional battery life, with average use, I could probably at a push go 2 days without charging, then there is the battery saving modes (stamina and low battery) you can change the parameters to ensure you can still use it as you want, but with everything you don't need switched off.
Device: Xperia Z2

ROM: Stock

Kernel: Stock