Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,415 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Which option is best?

Tip us?

psymonsaid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Which option is best?

Im have my Note 2 (L900) rooted and it has philz custom recovery installed (lasted version 6.x.x) i am currently running stock 4.3 JB. I have downloaded and would like to install AOKP ( jb-mr2) milestone 1, the last stable JB 4.3 rom they have. I have the proper gapps downloaded as well. My question is when flashing should i choose to factory reset or clear for a new rom? If im missing anything else or any steps please also inform me.

Skripka
Old
Thanks Meter 625
You need to do a full wipe.

psymonsaid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skripka View Post
You need to do a full wipe.

I know to wipe both caches, i know to do a factory reset/wipe data. With philz custom recovery there are to options that come up when you choose to do a factory reset. 1: wipe data/ factory reset or option 2: clean to install new rom. Should i just choose option 2? Ive looked thru the thread about the custom recovery and everything. Nobody suggests which option to do or which is better. Please help.

guycan
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymonsaid View Post
I know to wipe both caches, i know to do a factory reset/wipe data. With philz custom recovery there are to options that come up when you choose to do a factory reset. 1: wipe data/ factory reset or option 2: clean to install new rom. Should i just choose option 2? Ive looked thru the thread about the custom recovery and everything. Nobody suggests which option to do or which is better. Please help.
Just do both wouldn't hurt any thing also u might want to backup u r internal sd and then do a wipe of sd card 0 "NOT" sd card 1 cause that will erase everything external sd card .

SGNote2
The Following User Says Thank You to guycan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

psymonsaid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by guycan View Post
Just do both wouldn't hurt any thing also u might want to backup u r internal sd and then do a wipe of sd card 0 "NOT" sd card 1 cause that will erase everything external sd card .

SGNote2

Thank you!!!!