Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 52,538 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone Not Allowed MM#6

Tip us?

nconnor
Old
(Last edited by nconnor; 27th June 2013 at 09:09 PM.) Reason: Added info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Phone Not Allowed MM#6

Hi, I have a ATT Note 2 and I keep getting the error "Phone Not Allowed MM#6" every time I turn it on. I can press the OK button and get to the home screen and use the phone normally except that it cannot send or receive texts or calls (emergency only). I am on the Solavei network and has been working fine for a few months, but the other day it just stopped one morning after I woke up.

I bought it from a store and he has assured me it wasn't stolen or anything like that. And the Solavei customer service could not get it working after several resets and whatnot. They sent me a new sim card which I have not received yet, but I am not very hopeful about that working... My WiFi works and I actually get signal bars but again, no 4G, no calls, no texts...

Is there anything I can do in the settings or anything? My phone does not have any custom roms or anything like that, just the regular ATT/Samsung Android 4.1.2. The only thing I changed on it was the option to enable the T-Mobile bands (Youtube: How to Enable T-Mobile 3G/4G AWS Bands on AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-i317!). But I also tried without those bands and that didn't work either...

Please help, thanks in advance!

mrevankyle
Old
Thanks Meter 540
Try a complete factory reset with Odin. But that error sounds to me like someone reported the IMEI as stolen
Galaxy Note II-OmniRom Asus Transformer- Stockish(Media Center)
"Thank the devs, Thank the contributors"
The Following User Says Thank You to mrevankyle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nconnor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default the suestrep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrevankyle View Post
Try a complete factory reset with Odin. But that error sounds to me like someone reported the IMEI as stolen
Thanks. If in fact it was reported stolen, is there any way around that?

mrevankyle
Old
Thanks Meter 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by nconnor View Post
Thanks. If in fact it was reported stolen, is there any way around that?
Go into your local store with the original recipt. They should be able to either tell you who reported it or give you a refund
Galaxy Note II-OmniRom Asus Transformer- Stockish(Media Center)
"Thank the devs, Thank the contributors"
The Following User Says Thank You to mrevankyle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 3454
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrevankyle View Post
Go into your local store with the original recipt. They should be able to either tell you who reported it or give you a refund
Agreed. ..
Any reputable seller. .(retail store ) is obligated to sell legally or don't sell at all..
The days of sneaking around carriers with stolen merchandise are quickly becoming a thing of the past...g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g

s6s@a-cti.com
Old
Thanks Meter 0
there can be two reasons.. one is when you tried to change the bands on your phone there are more possibilities your IMEI on the phone would have corrupted and that is reason you might be getting that message, and second reason can be some one reported the phone stolen and it is blocked from the service provider end..

to validate that check your phone IMEI by dialing *#06# if that shows your valid IMEI then your phone must have got blocked by the service provider or incase if the IMEI shows some thing like null or 00/0 then the phone IMEI is corrupted, I can help your fixing your phone IMEI if it corrupted.. let me know if you still having this problem

nconnor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks everyone. I called up ATT and they confirmed that the phone was reported stolen. So I took it back to the store I got it from and he said that sometimes this happens so the company can get the insurance... Regardless, he reset and rooted my phone and it works again. My IMEI number shows up as well. Now the only thing is that I am not able to get all of the T-mobile bands back. Does anyone know about this?

kailashrawat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by s6s@a-cti.com View Post
there can be two reasons.. one is when you tried to change the bands on your phone there are more possibilities your IMEI on the phone would have corrupted and that is reason you might be getting that message, and second reason can be some one reported the phone stolen and it is blocked from the service provider end..

to validate that check your phone IMEI by dialing *#06# if that shows your valid IMEI then your phone must have got blocked by the service provider or incase if the IMEI shows some thing like null or 00/0 then the phone IMEI is corrupted, I can help your fixing your phone IMEI if it corrupted.. let me know if you still having this problem
Hi,

I ned to help to fix IMEI problem, currently it has been set to null.

regards,
Kailash Rawat