Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 54,258 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen Flicker

Tip us?

leefer77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Screen Flicker

Anyone else notice screen Flicker when the display is on the lowest brightness setting? I am noticing it on the bottom half of the screen usually when the phone first goes into the dim setting (manually or automatically). After it is in the dimmest setting for a while, it eventually stops. Or, if i manually move the setting off the lowest setting by even the smallest amount it stops. I've been running SACS Rom nearly since I got the phone, but the flicker started about 3 versions ago. I'm thinking it may be a hardware issue.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

killerz298
Old
(Last edited by killerz298; 9th May 2014 at 07:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefer77 View Post
Anyone else notice screen Flicker when the display is on the lowest brightness setting? I am noticing it on the bottom half of the screen usually when the phone first goes into the dim setting (manually or automatically). After it is in the dimmest setting for a while, it eventually stops. Or, if i manually move the setting off the lowest setting by even the smallest amount it stops. I've been running SACS Rom nearly since I got the phone, but the flicker started about 3 versions ago. I'm thinking it may be a hardware issue.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
Anyone else having this problem? I have my phone set to stay on while charging in developer options. However, when the phone isn't touched for a little bit the screen dims and flickers like crazy. As soon as I touch the screen, it comes back to regular brightness and the flicker is gone. Any idea what the problem is and how to resolve it? I leave my phone in a dock all day on my desk and the flickering is driving me insane. I'm on the original GS4, not rooted, latest KitKat installed.

killerz298
Old
Thanks Meter 6
So the issue got progressively worse and I am approaching my warranty date so I contacted Samsung and they had me do a cache partition wipe. So far so good. I see the issue only so faintly and I don't think I wouldn't notice if I wasn't looking for it. I will see if the problem returns and if so, have the phone swapped out. I don't want to be stuck with a potential dud after the warranty expires.

jam97
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I've never experienced this with a TW stock rom(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2650706) with NAE baseband.