Screen Flicker

OP leefer77

24th December 2013, 05:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Anyone else notice screen Flicker when the display is on the lowest brightness setting? I am noticing it on the bottom half of the screen usually when the phone first goes into the dim setting (manually or automatically). After it is in the dimmest setting for a while, it eventually stops. Or, if i manually move the setting off the lowest setting by even the smallest amount it stops. I've been running SACS Rom nearly since I got the phone, but the flicker started about 3 versions ago. I'm thinking it may be a hardware issue.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
9th May 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

113 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefer77

Anyone else notice screen Flicker when the display is on the lowest brightness setting? I am noticing it on the bottom half of the screen usually when the phone first goes into the dim setting (manually or automatically). After it is in the dimmest setting for a while, it eventually stops. Or, if i manually move the setting off the lowest setting by even the smallest amount it stops. I've been running SACS Rom nearly since I got the phone, but the flicker started about 3 versions ago. I'm thinking it may be a hardware issue.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Anyone else having this problem? I have my phone set to stay on while charging in developer options. However, when the phone isn't touched for a little bit the screen dims and flickers like crazy. As soon as I touch the screen, it comes back to regular brightness and the flicker is gone. Any idea what the problem is and how to resolve it? I leave my phone in a dock all day on my desk and the flickering is driving me insane. I'm on the original GS4, not rooted, latest KitKat installed.
Last edited by killerz298; 9th May 2014 at 07:02 PM.
14th May 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 6

113 posts
More
So the issue got progressively worse and I am approaching my warranty date so I contacted Samsung and they had me do a cache partition wipe. So far so good. I see the issue only so faintly and I don't think I wouldn't notice if I wasn't looking for it. I will see if the problem returns and if so, have the phone swapped out. I don't want to be stuck with a potential dud after the warranty expires.
15th May 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 30

163 posts
More
I've never experienced this with a TW stock rom(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2650706) with NAE baseband.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread