Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Unhappy The Sony Xperia SP, A heartbreaker Smartphone

OP esloded

25th August 2013, 11:48 PM   |  #1  
esloded's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Valledupar
Thanks Meter: 1
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Hi, I bought this phone a month ago, I bought that actually looked like a very good phone, analyze their characteristics, not only its design, and discard the possibility of buying the Samsung S3 Mini, I think it was a mistake

This Xperia SP is really a headache, the first thing I knew I was bad at was his poor WiFi, later learned of the problem of the screen, which to place the phone on a flat surface the touch becomes useless (I is how to fix it), and now the battery, then I have seen pictures that the battery will last up to 2 days, I was never happened in 14 hours, or when you use it the first time, now active or inactive so I Sstamina gives up to 7 hours, which sucks .

Originally came with compiling 12.0.A.1.257 and decided to upgrade to the 12.0.A.2.245 to see if suddenly improved, big mistake, the 2245 presents many problems in the stability of the OS, the screen flashes when using certain applications , Stamina mode is "Arrangement" a bit, as the cell I last up to 12 hours, but it's all over.

In conclusion I am determined to get rid of this phone, and all who ask for me, I gonna Scream, NEVER BUY THAT MTF CELL, which by the way is a bit expensive for the problems to come.

Sorry, my english is not very good


The Following User Says Thank You to esloded For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2013, 12:06 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
154 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
how many apps are you running?

That standby time seems ridiculous...

Heres mine and I have 41% battery.


I've heard about problems with wifi and touch but never had either of them, try and exchange your phone if its getting that bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-25-23-02-50.jpg
Views:	703
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	2213479  
26th August 2013, 12:08 AM   |  #3  
ykdr-scott's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag birmingham
Thanks Meter: 39
 
254 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by esloded

Hi, I bought this phone a month ago, I bought that actually looked like a very good phone, analyze their characteristics, not only its design, and discard the possibility of buying the Samsung S3 Mini, I think it was a mistake

This Xperia SP is really a headache, the first thing I knew I was bad at was his poor WiFi, later learned of the problem of the screen, which to place the phone on a flat surface the touch becomes useless (I is how to fix it), and now the battery, then I have seen pictures that the battery will last up to 2 days, I was never happened in 14 hours, or when you use it the first time, now active or inactive so I Sstamina gives up to 7 hours, which sucks .

Originally came with compiling 12.0.A.1.257 and decided to upgrade to the 12.0.A.2.245 to see if suddenly improved, big mistake, the 2245 presents many problems in the stability of the OS, the screen flashes when using certain applications , Stamina mode is "Arrangement" a bit, as the cell I last up to 12 hours, but it's all over.

In conclusion I am determined to get rid of this phone, and all who ask for me, I gonna Scream, NEVER BUY THAT MTF CELL, which by the way is a bit expensive for the problems to come.

Sorry, my english is not very good


To be honest with you- the WiFi does suck on the sp, even though there are many fixes none of which will work 100% . Ive come across alot of problems with my sp also, keyboard wont pop up, walkman crashes when using certain apps. But on the plus note there is deffo an upside to the sp compared to most other mid range smart phones out there.

I have smashed my screen on my sp and have no warrenty- so im switching over to a s3 mini, simply because a new white digitiser for my phone would cost me 135.

Play around with your phone first see if you can make any good of it before you sell up

Xperia SP Trinityy V
Desire HD -LorD ClockaN ICe CreamSandwhicH

iPhone 4S But thats irrelivent Here
The Following User Says Thank You to ykdr-scott For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2013, 01:38 AM   |  #4  
cachanilla86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mexicali
Thanks Meter: 529
 
721 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Americans ("People who live in the USA") use the term "Lemon". A lemon is a car, often new, that is found to be defective only after it has been bought. Maybe you bought a Lemon. My SP gets good battery life, about 7 hours of heavy use. Join us at a Spanish forum at http://www.htcmania.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1082

Check this out:
26th August 2013, 02:29 AM   |  #5  
esloded's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Valledupar
Thanks Meter: 1
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo-meister

how many apps are you running?

That standby time seems ridiculous...

Heres mine and I have 41% battery.


I've heard about problems with wifi and touch but never had either of them, try and exchange your phone if its getting that bad.

My battery has never lasted so long, here I leave the applications that I'm running and my phone settings only asset I have WiFi, my cell phone battery only lasts if I have off jj

If I can help greatly appreciate it, because the phone I like, but do not want to have to charge it every 7 hours.

Question: If i reset my phone, can it fix?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	2213697   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	2213699   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	2213700   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	2213701   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	2213706   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	2213707   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	2213708   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	2213709   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	2213719   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	2213720   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	2213721   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	2213722   Click image for larger version

Name:	18.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	2213724   Click image for larger version

Name:	19.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	2213725   Click image for larger version

Name:	20.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	2213726   Click image for larger version

Name:	21.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	2213727  
26th August 2013, 05:06 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
226 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
i think may be uninstall antivirus app.

if it is not work

please backup your file and factory reset
26th August 2013, 05:48 AM   |  #7  
sarkar1990's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 525
 
920 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by esloded

My battery has never lasted so long, here I leave the applications that I'm running and my phone settings only asset I have WiFi, my cell phone battery only lasts if I have off jj

If I can help greatly appreciate it, because the phone I like, but do not want to have to charge it every 7 hours.

Question: If i reset my phone, can it fix?

Whats your screen on time? Also ho do you use your phone? Heavy gaming or light texting only?

Things will always matter when you want to compare battery life. So give us more details. Install Wakelock detector or BetterBatteryStats to know what is eating up the battery on your phone and then work on eliminating the factor. Cheers man!
26th August 2013, 06:45 AM   |  #8  
esloded's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Valledupar
Thanks Meter: 1
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkar1990

Whats your screen on time? Also ho do you use your phone? Heavy gaming or light texting only?

Things will always matter when you want to compare battery life. So give us more details. Install Wakelock detector or BetterBatteryStats to know what is eating up the battery on your phone and then work on eliminating the factor. Cheers man!

I do not play much, texting, only play when I'm charging the phone, cut the rope and Diamon Dash.

In the images shows that the battery is low 2% in 29 minutes

Ok, i do it, the result from battery stats plus.

After it, I think do a factory reset, to see how it behaves.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	32.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	2214062   Click image for larger version

Name:	30.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	2214063   Click image for larger version

Name:	31.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	2214064   Click image for larger version

Name:	33.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	2214065   Click image for larger version

Name:	34.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	2214066   Click image for larger version

Name:	35.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	2214067   Click image for larger version

Name:	36.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	2214076  
Last edited by esloded; 26th August 2013 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Lacking the image of energy manager to 84%
26th August 2013, 06:57 AM   |  #9  
sarkar1990's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 525
 
920 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by esloded

I do not play much, texting, only play when I'm charging the phone, cut the rope and Diamon Dash.

In the images shows that the battery is low 2% in 29 minutes

Ok, i do it, the result from battery stats plus.

After it, I think do a factory reset, to see how it behaves.

I think you should. Your Android OS is using too much battery. Hit on it and check which process is using the maximum battery.
26th August 2013, 09:45 AM   |  #10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Once you've charged your battery to 100%, go to Apps, All, and look for eco mode controller. Click on force stop and after 5 seconds or so, clear data. Then reboot your phone and use it normally. Check out my best battery life so far (attached images)

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-20-02-00-05[1].jpg
Views:	479
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	2214298   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-20-01-59-56[1].jpg
Views:	531
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	2214299  
Last edited by persian99; 26th August 2013 at 09:52 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes