Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,049 Members 39,685 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Car install discussion thread

Tip us?

flyboy1100
Old
(Last edited by stamatis; 9th July 2014 at 11:00 AM.) Reason: Cleaning references to a paid kernel.
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default Car install discussion thread

I think we should probably just have one thread about general install issues. Lets do that here

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dmcgrath009
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I'm in Thanks flyboy

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Girl you look good when you back that nand up

flyboy1100
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
My issue is noise while charging. Happens in both my cars, completing different setups, using usb dac in 1 car and the 3.5mm in the other.

Really stuck on this, and not sure where to go to get it fixed

saf100792
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
My issue is noise while charging. Happens in both my cars, completing different setups, using usb dac in 1 car and the 3.5mm in the other.

Really stuck on this, and not sure where to go to get it fixed

I've actually not had much noise while the tablet is charging. But im only using a car charger to charge mine and not a DC-DC since my tablet has constant power. are you using a DC-DC converter?

piattsc13
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've had some noise with music as per my previous postings. I decided to order the Rockford Fosgate BLD Balanced Line Driver which also has a filter in it. My reasoning was I know my DAC was outputting on the smaller side for what my amp could handle so we will see if the filter in conjunction with the voltage increase will make for better sound.

On another note, anyone made progress with backup cameras, preferably using the Febon Grabber?

flyboy1100
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
I'm using a car charger in 1 car, and a pico psu in the other. Doesn't matter what i use, i have tried 2 different usb chargers, multiple cables, a dc dc converter. It doesn't matter, at this point I mm thinking it is my tablet.

Subaru:
Pico psu, uca 202 dac, alpine ktp445u, no head unit

Buick:
Palm usb charger ( best i've ever owned), 3.5mm output, pioneer 740mp, no amp. My note2 works flawlessly in this car.

flyboy1100
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Not sure if I should just order usb isolator like hifimediy sells or a new dac with one built in. Kinda sick of buying parts

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

dmcgrath009
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Yea I would be interested to see if that fixes the issue.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Girl you look good when you back that nand up

flyboy1100
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Im guessing it will, a normal ground loop isolator will fix it too, but it shifts the noise into distortion on my tweeters. So that really isn't fixed imho.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

strikeitup
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I also had some problems with ground loop, but i think i've fixed it.
After i have tested the DAC by plugging in a headphone, i noticed that the noise didn't come from the DAC itself, but from the analog part on the output.

I'am using an amplifier in the trunk that is very near my DAC, i just used an usb extension cable from the usb hub (near the nexus) to my amplifier in the trunk.
then i only use an 15 cm rca cable to connect the dac to the amp (high quality rca cable) and my noise is completely gone.

I just kept the analog part as short as possible and it worked for me.