Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,157 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with my s3mini

Tip us?

droidgeek 18
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help with my s3mini

My s3 mini is freaking out I don't know if it is a virus, but my home button freaks out. Without me touching it, it will bring up the recent apps menu and close out my apps and return to the homescreen and it goes on forever can someone help me plz.

koragg97
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidgeek 18 View Post
My s3 mini is freaking out I don't know if it is a virus, but my home button freaks out. Without me touching it, it will bring up the recent apps menu and close out my apps and return to the homescreen and it goes on forever can someone help me plz.
I'm pretty sure it's not a virus (are there even mobile viruses?) so you should be 50% calmed down now. As for the problem, I've got no idea what's happening, but you should flash a completely stock ROM (without wiping nothing at first) and see if the problem persists. If it does, try factory reseting the newly installed stock ROM and then everything should be OK (however make a backup of all your important data as you'll lose it).
Device : Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190)
ROM : S5style_i8190XXANC2_v4 (by @Galaxy Mini)
Recovery : TWRP 2.7.1.0 (by @Android-Andi)
Kernel : Stock 3.0.31 ANC2
Baseband : I8190XXANC2

factorexh
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97 View Post
I'm pretty sure it's not a virus (are there even mobile viruses?) so you should be 50% calmed down now. As for the problem, I've got no idea what's happening, but you should flash a completely stock ROM (without wiping nothing at first) and see if the problem persists. If it does, try factory reseting the newly installed stock ROM and then everything should be OK (however make a backup of all your important data as you'll lose it).
if you tried above and didnt worked. its probably a hardware problem