[Q] Non textbook problem finding ROM file for GT-P1000

14th May 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi,

I've already been through the thread
[30.03.2012][CF-Root 4.4] J-P/S/Q-*,JV-1KBHIOPQRSTAUV,JVU,JW4 - su+bb+2e/CWM-rfs+ext4

which has links to all the ROM files to be used with CWM in recovery mode (and explanations about their names).

I don't have a standard production phone. Mine has a build name of: FROYO.eng.eunju81.hong.201000831.205407 therefore I can't go by the names of the ROM files which are based on build names like FROYO.xxJP (P obviously referring to "Production"). Does the date of that build have any significance to you experts (Aug 31, 2010)? Does this narrow down what ROM file I can download?

Also, my phone is a pretty standard 512MB, ARM processor phone for that era (I'm guessing, since it was given to a journalist for review who gave it to me when she was done reviewing it).Will I have to use ODIN to flash it? I WAS able to root it (the Chinese made Eroot succeeded where all else failed) and install ROM Manager AND CWM but I then downloaded all three ROM types for my phone (the phone part isn't active I only use the WIFI so I tried the Galaxy Tab ATT, T-Mobile and Verizon but they all gave errors when I tried installing them). I read that it's imperative to have the right file, but with my funky build number, that doesn't seem possible. Am I going to be able to do with this without "doorstopping" my phone? (sorry. I like "doorstop" better than "brick" .
14th May 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3,206

7,088 posts
Wrong forum, this is S2/I9100 Q&A, not Tab Q&A which is here (we have device specific fora).

I've asked mods to move your thread, sit tight until they do.
14th May 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
One other thing;
I forgot to mention: Kies updated the firmware to the latest version if that helps you "axe spurts" figure this puzzle out. Thanks in advance!!!

>>my phone is a pretty standard 512MB, ARM processor phone for that era (I'm guessing, since it was given to a journalist for review who gave it >>to me when she was done reviewing it).Will I have to use ODIN to flash it? I WAS able to root it (the Chinese made Eroot succeeded where all >>else failed) and install ROM Manager AND CWM but I then downloaded all three ROM types for my phone (the phone part isn't active I only use >>the WIFI so I tried the Galaxy Tab ATT, T-Mobile and Verizon but they all gave errors when I tried installing them). I read that it's imperative to >>have the right file, but with my funky build number, that doesn't seem possible. Am I going to be able to do with this without "doorstopping" my >>phone? (sorry. I like "doorstop" better than "brick" .[/QUOTE]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread