Download Odin 3.07 here
Download: VRUAMDK No-Wipe.tar.zip
Download: VRUFNC5 Full-Wipe Verizon SCH-I545 4.2.2 562219 Stock Restore.tar.md5
1. Download and install if needed the Samsung USB v1.5x Drivers and reboot if prompted.(If phone isn't recognized you can try the v1.4x drivers.)
2. Download and extract ODIN v3.07.
3. Download and extract with winzip or my favorite winrar the VRUAMDK_NoWipe.tar.zip Factory Image (modified with No-Wipe).
4. Boot phone into ODIN mode (power off the phone, then press and hold Vol Down + Power then press Vol Up).
5. Connect your device using the provided USB cable and wait till the ID:COM port at Odin turns blue and you see “Added!!” on the message box. This shows that the connection between Odin and your device has been established.
6. Flash the VRUAMDK_NoWipe.tar.md5 Factory Image using ODIN v3.07 ***in PDA section only***.
7. You should now be able to boot back to Android and all your data should be intact exactly as it was.
Full Wipe ( AKA Emeregency Repair)
1. Download the full wipe files in the downloads section.
2. Download Odin 3.07
3. Download and install if needed the Samsung USB v1.5x Drivers (If phone isn't recognized you can try the v1.4x drivers.)
4. Turn off the device and boot it into Download/Odin Mode. Here is the method: press and hold the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons simultaneously for 2-3 seconds till you see a warning screen. Now press Volume Up key to enter Download Mode
5. Go to your Odin folder and launch Odin 3.07.
6. Connect your device using the provided USB cable and wait till the ID:COM port at Odin turns blue and you see “Added!!” on the message box. This shows that the connection between Odin and your device has been established
7. Now click on the PDA button, navigate to the firmware folder and select the file SCH-I545_MDK_562219_Stock_Restore.tar.md5.gz
8. Then click on the PIT button, navigate to the PIT folder and select the file SCH-I545.pit
9. Make sure that Re-Partition and F Reset Time is selected on Odin. Also, do not forget to uncheck the Auto Reboot options
10. When you are sure that everything has been done correctly, click the Start button on Odin
11. Doing this will start the installation and it might take about 5-10 minutes to complete
12. When you see the PASS! message on Odin, disconnect the USB cable and close Odin
13. Now remove the back cover on your device and pull out the battery. Wait for about 1 minute and then place the battery back to its place.
14. Boot your Galaxy S4 into Android System Recovery mode: hold Volume Up+Home+Power keys together till the screen turns up and the Samsung logo blinks twice. Then release the Power button but keep Volume Up and Home keys pressed till you see the recovery menu. In recovery mode use the volume keys to scroll and power button to select options
15. Go to “wipe data/factory reset” option and wipe it
16. Then “wipe cache partition”
17. Finally, go to “reboot system now” and select it
18. Your Galaxy S4 will boot now. Usually, it takes a longer time than usual to boot the device, so wait patiently till you see the Welcome Set Up screen. You know well what to do here.