Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,246 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ACTUAL 4.4.4 GPE/AOSP ROMS for SAFESRAP 4.4.2 NC2/NC5+ 4.3MK2&more!

Tip us?

gigilie
Old
(Last edited by gigilie; 25th July 2014 at 12:45 AM.) Reason: wrong uploaded version before so heres 2 new roms
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 616

DONATE TO ME
Smile ACTUAL 4.4.4 GPE/AOSP ROMS for SAFESRAP 4.4.2 NC2/NC5+ 4.3MK2&more!

NEW AOSP / GE ROMS Working for Safestrap 4.4.2:
Heres the latest:as of JULY 21st 2014!
gogolie's port of ECHOE GOOGLE PLAY EDITION V4.4.4 for VERIZON SAFESTRAP
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567717820

gogolie's Official Google Edition 4.4.4 v2 VZW_SAFESTRAP
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567717823

These ROMs contain Xposed and Gravity and Wanam Modules for Xposed these apps are not only nifty for theming or personalization and options but have been known to retrigger wifi into working if a softboot is done from them.
both of the above ROM's should be installed on a clean slate IE Wipe FULLY 1st!
Once wiped install via safestrap and reboot. These are still a bit buggy but hey at least I'm showing you that its possible both of these for sure have working data for VZW in 4g/lte form. If you can help or suggest or bug test and post or PM me any info on helping remove these final bugs we will have a fully working ROM in AOSP/GPE FORM FINALLY NOT JUST SILLY THEMES OVER TOUCHWIZ!!! The more donations I get reguarding specific ROMS is what I tend to spend my time developing so if this is something you'd like to see then you know what to do.

Thanks and enjoy,
gogolie

More ROMS known to work if forced (manual settings or mods to enable data, ect))

Jamal2367's Official Google Edition 4.4.4 works for Safestrap:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544474
http://www.livewinater.com/mirror/get_file.php?id=30

Install the ROM then once you've booted enter the APN settings under more networks. Enter in the following for APNS:

name: Verizon
mcc="310"
mnc="004"
apn="internet"
type="default,mms,dun"
mmsc="http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms"
protocol="IPV4V6"

name: Verizon Internet"
mcc="310"
mnc="004"
apn="VZWINTERNET"
type="default,dun,supl"
protocol="IPV4V6"
roaming_protocol="IPV4V6"

then be sure and save your APN. Now restart the phone. if 4g doesnt pop on then go back into settings and more networks and search for carrier. once Verizon pops up click it and it should start reading from the APN you have selected or entered. As far as I've gotten but figured you all should know. Only thing thats not working as far as I know (very little time in the ROM itself) is WiFi still. its an issue with our kernel obviously anyone with a patch or fix please let the world know. thx

There is also:
Echoe GE V4 from my friend friedrich420 for 4.4.4
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2555569
I had this working somewhat as well but not quite as easy to setup as ROM above.

-gogolie

AOSP ROMS WORKING FOR SAFESTRAP ANDROID v4.3- 4.2.2:
Install through Safestrap by restoring these nandroid images. IE UNRAR this file into your TWRP backup folder AKA SafeStrap folder. This is a preview build. Give feedback if you want or just check it out to see it is possible. AOSP in Safestrap. worked for both MK2 and NC2 doesnt work for MJ7. Those of you updating and downgrading please us AP 4.3 for these ROMs. Users please take screenshots and post them in this thread for the OP Developers please help me fix the broken wifi.

Installing via Restore for a n00b:
1st enter safestrap and create a backup of your current setup. Next create a backup of your setup but only choose to back up your cache. If your able to name the backup before creating it and name it similar to the ROM you'd like to try do this all with an external sd card.
2nd Pop that SDCARD into the computer that you downloaded the ROM too. Using explorer or similar browse to your twrp/backup/numbered folder/and the folder you did the cache backup to. This folder will contain cache.ext4.win and an .md5 for that file. Unrar all contents of the .rar file for the ROM you want to install into this folder overwrite the cache file.
3rd Put the sdcard back in the phone and in safestrap enter Restore choose the folder name of the new ROM and press restore. This should be restored to a ROM slot if you don't know what your doing avoid stock restore.

Only bug is broken Wifi all else should be fixed. Developer settings to enable unknown resources errors out and needs to be turned on via ADB the code for this would be something like:

Code:
boolean unknownSource = false;
if (Build.VERSION.SDK_INT < 3) {
    unknownSource = Settings.System.getInt(getContentResolver(), Settings.System.INSTALL_NON_MARKET_APPS, 0) == 1;
}
else if (Build.VERSION.SDK_INT < 17) {
    unknownSource = Settings.Secure.getInt(getContentResolver(), Settings.Secure.INSTALL_NON_MARKET_APPS, 0) == 1;
} else {
    unknownSource = Settings.Global.getInt(getContentResolver(), Settings.Global.INSTALL_NON_MARKET_APPS, 0) == 1;
}
if someones able to whip up a patch for that via a zip flash that'd be awesome

4g works great. Everything else along with it works great as far as I know.
AOSP Illusion weighs in at a whooping 100MB LOL! THE NEW SMALLEST FULL ROM THAT WORKS IN THE WORLD?!

Or Click below for more detailed and much larger shots. Sorry not much time here boys car stolen last night dealing with all that nonsense I'll update further when I can.
Attachment 2715185

Attachment 2715186

Attachment 2715187

Attachment 2715188
@charliepan69 thanks much for the screenshots bro
As promised here's a link for:
GAPPs for 4.2.2 SlimROM
AOSP SlimROM this one has more included like GAPPS so its a whooping 240MB HEHE
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407589980
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to gigilie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

charliepan69
Old
Thanks Meter 6
1st! Thanks Gigilie... trying tonight!

loonie01
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Niiiiiiiiice

twizzlejr
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Doesn't that illusion room have halo as well did you bring us some halo action gigilie lol your a Tru Saint man

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

trentonw
Old
Thanks Meter 7
how are these working out for everyone?

twizzlejr
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Checked out the illusion rom and there it works alright there are missing apps like the playstore Gmail so you can't add your account and when you activate halo your status bar doesn't display any icons like signal or battery other than those things the themes work and halo works great so it's good to see some asop on our phones

The Following User Says Thank You to twizzlejr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trentonw
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by twizzlejr View Post
Checked out the illusion rom and there it works alright there are missing apps like the playstore Gmail so you can't add your account and when you activate halo your status bar doesn't display any icons like signal or battery other than those things the themes work and halo works great so it's good to see some asop on our phones

sounds good im about to install the slim ill chime in after i play with it

charliepan69
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I installed the SlimRom. Very nice... cool to see AOSP 4.2 on my S4 again. i noticed the reboot doesn't work (have to do a battery pull), but I seem to remember all AOSP Roms doing this when I was back on ME7. Also I seem to have no access to my external SD.
The Following User Says Thank You to charliepan69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sethnelson1
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliepan69 View Post
I installed the SlimRom. Very nice... cool to see AOSP 4.2 on my S4 again. i noticed the reboot doesn't work (have to do a battery pull), but I seem to remember all AOSP Roms doing this when I was back on ME7. Also I seem to have no access to my external SD.
Same here. Cool lol

twizzlejr
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Can't wait till illusion is fully operatinal love me some halo lol