Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[APP][3.0+][Beta]Tomi File Manager - is now on Play Store!

OP uuOuu

14th May 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 334

362 posts
Tomi File Manager is now on Play Store!
It's a featured file manager, manage your own music, pictures, videos, documents, downloads and applications easily and high efficiently. Tomi File Manager focuses on providing simple and fast management solution for YOUR OWN files on mobile devices. You can easily list, search, locate, and operate files with simple taps. Sorting music, pictures, videos, downloads, and installed applications into intuitive categories, and making you feel no worry to where the physical file located.

Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ls.filemanager
On Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ovubciwjy...le_Manager.apk
The team invite you to design this product together by vote here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2759901

Quote:

Hi all friends on XDA forum,

After released Recent - Free Manager, we consider what can we do to make a high-efficiency file manager and application manager for Android.
With deep analysis to file types on mobile device, and simulations to daily use at user side, we considered the following five categories can cover most files which need to be managed on mobile devices, there are:
Music
Picture
Video
Documents
Applications

The five types of files above can represent the most files you may manage on a mobile devices.
Music, video, pictures are for your beautiful life, documents may be for work/learning, and applications help you to enjoy the new smart way in work and life.

So we build a new way, a more smarter way to manage files on mobile devices, and invite you to join our beta test:
Link is HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/exhpplxun4..._0514_beta.apk
Support Android 3.0 and above

Kindly please share us your valuable experiences and suggestions.

Many thanks.

Last edited by uuOuu; 23rd May 2014 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Added Android version tag to title
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to uuOuu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th May 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 54

210 posts
Downloaded. Installed. Will comment more after using for couple of days

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redndian For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th May 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #3  
Flag NRW
Thanks Meter: 347

823 posts
really like this one! seperating 5 mediatypes is a really nice and handy feature.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to _moelle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th May 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #4  
Flag Szczecin
Thanks Meter: 165

119 posts
More
Thank you, really looks great.
Maybe on the next update you could add dark theme, and change language support.
The Following User Says Thank You to mario44 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 10

85 posts
Maybe add scanning particular directories for music so it doesn't pick up ring tones and notifications for music?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to beastonprowl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

362 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastonprowl

Maybe add scanning particular directories for music so it doesn't pick up ring tones and notifications for music?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

your suggestion is good.
we consider ringtones should also be one part to manage in music files, since people always prefer special ringtones to mark difference beyond others. so we list ringtones in the music file.

could you share me your experience while browing music file to set favorite ringtone?

Many thanks.
15th May 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

362 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario44

Thank you, really looks great.
Maybe on the next update you could add dark theme, and change language support.

dark theme? will be wild acceptable?
multi-language support is a must, but we need make the product perfect enough at first.
15th May 2014, 07:55 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 13

35 posts
This is a file browser I've been looking for, you've made something to replace ES for myself. It's UI is nice, easy on the eyes, and attractive. A dark theme would be nice as stated, but also a theme that fits the new standard 4.4+ look. Even just white accents could make it "pop" out more. Feature wise, it's nice, it's easy to get around. I haven't seen anything yet, but R/W variable support is a plus. Having two file browsers is annoying at times so an integrated service with that in would be icing on the cake. Another idea is to perhaps insert another tab, a "shortcut" to widely changed files such as the hosts, build.prop files, and etc..

I see a large amount of potential in this app and am excited to see it grow.

Oops, the "docs" folder generally does just this, but maybe the idea could be fleshed out.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
Last edited by FiniteDGk; 15th May 2014 at 08:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FiniteDGk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 08:15 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

362 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiniteDGk

This is a file browser I've been looking for, you've made something to replace ES for myself. It's UI is nice, easy on the eyes, and attractive. A dark theme would be nice as stated, but also a theme that fits the new standard 4.4+ look. Even just white accents could make it "pop" out more. Feature wise, it's nice, it's easy to get around. I haven't seen anything yet, but R/W variable support is a plus. Having two file browsers is annoying at times so an integrated service with that in would be icing on the cake. Another idea is to perhaps insert another tab, a "shortcut" to widely changed files such as the hosts, build.prop files, and etc..

I see a large amount of potential in this app and am excited to see it grow.

Oops, the "docs" folder generally does just this, but maybe the idea could be fleshed out.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Many thanks for your sharing, my team will discuss and improve our product continually.
Thank you agian.
The Following User Says Thank You to uuOuu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 08:23 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter: 1,719

860 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can you add TRDS support for Slim based roms. To see how to implement it, check out the different apps at github.com/slimroms. It basically allows you to switch the layouts and colour scheme based on a switch, or on whether your surroundings are dark, or on the time of day

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to cybojenix For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread