[APP][3.0+][Beta]Tomi File Manager - is now on Play Store!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Tomi File Manager is now on Play Store!
It's a featured file manager, manage your own music, pictures, videos, documents, downloads and applications easily and high efficiently. Tomi File Manager focuses on providing simple and fast management solution for YOUR OWN files on mobile devices. You can easily list, search, locate, and operate files with simple taps. Sorting music, pictures, videos, downloads, and installed applications into intuitive categories, and making you feel no worry to where the physical file located.

Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomitools.filemanager
On Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ovubciwjykogg3/Tomi_File_Manager.apk
The team invite you to design this product together by vote here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2759901

Hi all friends on XDA forum,

After released Recent - Free Manager, we consider what can we do to make a high-efficiency file manager and application manager for Android.
With deep analysis to file types on mobile device, and simulations to daily use at user side, we considered the following five categories can cover most files which need to be managed on mobile devices, there are:
Music
Picture
Video
Documents
Applications

The five types of files above can represent the most files you may manage on a mobile devices.
Music, video, pictures are for your beautiful life, documents may be for work/learning, and applications help you to enjoy the new smart way in work and life.

So we build a new way, a more smarter way to manage files on mobile devices, and invite you to join our beta test:
Link is HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/exhpplxun44hv3c/Tomi_File_Manager_0514_beta.apk
Support Android 3.0 and above

Kindly please share us your valuable experiences and suggestions.

Many thanks.

Last edited:

_moelle

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 24, 2014
NRW
really like this one! seperating 5 mediatypes is a really nice and handy feature.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: uuOuu

mario44

Feb 11, 2014
Szczecin
Thank you, really looks great.
Maybe on the next update you could add dark theme, and change language support.

beastonprowl

Mar 24, 2008
Maybe add scanning particular directories for music so it doesn't pick up ring tones and notifications for music?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Maybe add scanning particular directories for music so it doesn't pick up ring tones and notifications for music?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

your suggestion is good. :good:
we consider ringtones should also be one part to manage in music files, since people always prefer special ringtones to mark difference beyond others. so we list ringtones in the music file.

could you share me your experience while browing music file to set favorite ringtone?

Many thanks.

FiniteDGk

Jan 11, 2012
Fort Huachuca
This is a file browser I've been looking for, you've made something to replace ES for myself. It's UI is nice, easy on the eyes, and attractive. A dark theme would be nice as stated, but also a theme that fits the new standard 4.4+ look. Even just white accents could make it "pop" out more. Feature wise, it's nice, it's easy to get around. I haven't seen anything yet, but R/W variable support is a plus. Having two file browsers is annoying at times so an integrated service with that in would be icing on the cake. Another idea is to perhaps insert another tab, a "shortcut" to widely changed files such as the hosts, build.prop files, and etc..

I see a large amount of potential in this app and am excited to see it grow.

Oops, the "docs" folder generally does just this, but maybe the idea could be fleshed out.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
This is a file browser I've been looking for, you've made something to replace ES for myself. It's UI is nice, easy on the eyes, and attractive. A dark theme would be nice as stated, but also a theme that fits the new standard 4.4+ look. Even just white accents could make it "pop" out more. Feature wise, it's nice, it's easy to get around. I haven't seen anything yet, but R/W variable support is a plus. Having two file browsers is annoying at times so an integrated service with that in would be icing on the cake. Another idea is to perhaps insert another tab, a "shortcut" to widely changed files such as the hosts, build.prop files, and etc..

I see a large amount of potential in this app and am excited to see it grow.

Oops, the "docs" folder generally does just this, but maybe the idea could be fleshed out.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Many thanks for your sharing, my team will discuss and improve our product continually.
Thank you agian. :good:

Reactions: MisterKaplan

cybojenix

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2012
Can you add TRDS support for Slim based roms. To see how to implement it, check out the different apps at github.com/slimroms. It basically allows you to switch the layouts and colour scheme based on a switch, or on whether your surroundings are dark, or on the time of day

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Can you add TRDS support for Slim based roms. To see how to implement it, check out the different apps at github.com/slimroms. It basically allows you to switch the layouts and colour scheme based on a switch, or on whether your surroundings are dark, or on the time of day

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Many thanks for your sharing.
Right now, we can only put all time on dev the application follow the design of Android 4.4, so support to Slimbased roms may be delay since we are really a small team in startup stage.

I also noticed that "dark theme" has been mentioned twice, so I wonder if you can share me your idea to the theme?

Many thanks.

j.posarekar70

Nov 13, 2012
◢| MUMBAI |◣
Tomi File Manager app

Its really one best file manager app around here.. :good: good work
if anyone needs SS for this app then here it is !

Screenshot_2014-05-15-20-02-27.png
Screenshot_2014-05-15-20-02-45.png

good work mate enjoyed your Recent - Free Manager app before,
Good to see if this app will also put it on playstore :)

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Its really one best file manager app around here.. :good: good work
if anyone needs SS for this app then here it is !

Screenshot_2014-05-15-20-02-27.png
Screenshot_2014-05-15-20-02-45.png

good work mate enjoyed your Recent - Free Manager app before,
Good to see if this app will also put it on playstore :)

Many thanks for the good comments and encourage. We have lots to do to make Tomi File Manager perfect enough before list on Play Store.

Here I have some questions below:
What will you do with music files on your phone/tablet?
How do you browse music file, via file manager application, or media player like MXplayer?

Many thanks again.

Walter.White

Nov 28, 2013
Nice work so far. Here are few suggestions.

1. Cloud support (Dropbox, google drive and such) (I know it will take a while but eventually you will need to have it :p)

2. Fav folder/files. (Shortcuts):- So on the left hand side shortcuts, in the the middle storage breakdown, and on the right side Music, Picture, Videos, Docs, Apps etc.

3. Blacklist...I don't want all of my pictures :p showing up under pictures tab. So option for hiding a certain folder/ a certain picture file would be nice.

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Is there a way to get root access? Thanks

Envoyé de mon Moto G en utilisant Tapatalk

@Mchasard

Many thanks for your valuable idea.

There are also other members methiond the root access, but here I still have some questions to this feature:
1. as I know, only rooted device can obtain this feature, so I wonder if it were a strong needs in your experience?
2. with root access, how about your purpose in operations to files? copy? delete? or some else?

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Nice work so far. Here are few suggestions.

1. Cloud support (Dropbox, google drive and such) (I know it will take a while but eventually you will need to have it :p)

2. Fav folder/files. (Shortcuts):- So on the left hand side shortcuts, in the the middle storage breakdown, and on the right side Music, Picture, Videos, Docs, Apps etc.

3. Blacklist...I don't want all of my pictures :p showing up under pictures tab. So option for hiding a certain folder/ a certain picture file would be nice.

@Walter.White
Many thanks for your great suggestions.

1. about support to cloud storage, I noticed lots of file manager applications have included this feature, do you think if it were a must have feature to all file manager?
2. about shortcut to fav folders, I wonder if you can share a picture to show layout in your description, so I can know more.
3. add blacklist to exclude some folder? it really sounds great. Could you share me why you have this idea in mind?

Many thanks and expect your valuable sharing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's a featured file manager, manage your own music, pictures, videos, documents, downloads and applications easily and high efficiently. Tomi File Manager focuses on providing simple and fast management solution for YOUR OWN files on mobile devices. You can easily list, search, locate, and operate files with simple taps. Sorting music, pictures, videos, downloads, and installed applications into intuitive categories, and making you feel no worry to where the physical file located.

Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomitools.filemanager
    The team invite you to design this product together by vote here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2759901

Hi all friends on XDA forum,

After released Recent - Free Manager, we consider what can we do to make a high-efficiency file manager and application manager for Android.
    With deep analysis to file types on mobile device, and simulations to daily use at user side, we considered the following five categories can cover most files which need to be managed on mobile devices, there are:
    Music
    Picture
    Video
    Documents
    Applications

The five types of files above can represent the most files you may manage on a mobile devices.
    Music, video, pictures are for your beautiful life, documents may be for work/learning, and applications help you to enjoy the new smart way in work and life.

So we build a new way, a more smarter way to manage files on mobile devices, and invite you to join our beta test:
    Link is HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/exhpplxun44hv3c/Tomi_File_Manager_0514_beta.apk
    Support Android 3.0 and above

Kindly please share us your valuable experiences and suggestions.

Many thanks.
    I tryed this Tomi and It was a joke for filemanager. I found here on xda many other starting/beta file managers that are much better in UI or in functionality

Eg
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2741803

This is not the place to advertise other file managers. And that UI i like 9000 levels below this one's
    Downloaded. Installed. Will comment more after using for couple of days

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi all,

THANK YOU ALL for your valuable ideas and suggestions! Today we released Tomi File Manager on Play Store, here are the download link:

New thread for offical release: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52849230
    We start a weekly vote, to vote features you want Tomi File Manager to have in next release.
    Here is the link to vote: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2759901

Changes to beta version:
    - Downloads Folder
    -- Support system downloads directory
    -- Support manually add your own download directory
    - "Common" button in Directory feature for quick-access to frequently used folder
    -- Change "History" feature to "Common" in Directory to quick access commonly used path which is reported by @sinosuke
    -- Select some common system folders set as default such as device root, sdcard, extsdcard, and etc.
    -- Allow users to add your own frequently used folders to the common list
    - Support slide up to open Directory, which is reported by @dummie999
    -- replace click to slide up for opening Directory on GUI, and make you easier to browse
    - Fxied bug in prompt notice which is reported by @Horcza
    - Fixed bug to sort function which is reported by @digesh9870
    Cool app :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk