Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 51,830 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

why android was mad ?

Tip us?
 
ediejames
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: May 2014
Default why android was mad ?

can you tell me that why android was made ?
when the Iphone was going well.
 
pyrogoggles
Old
#2  
pyrogoggles's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 48
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Spartanburg

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ediejames View Post
can you tell me that why android was made ?
when the Iphone was going well.
Quote:
Android, Inc. was founded in Palo Alto, California in October 2003 by Andy Rubin (co-founder of Danger), Rich Miner (co-founder of Wildfire Communications, Inc.), Nick Sears (once VP at T-Mobile), and Chris White (headed design and interface development at WebTV) to develop, in Rubin's words "smarter mobile devices that are more aware of its owner's location and preferences".
From Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)
 
abuttino
Old
(Last edited by abuttino; 25th May 2014 at 02:31 PM.)
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 233
Posts: 1,321
Join Date: Sep 2006
This question had to be asked by someone that was either trolling or hasn't graduated from any major schooling yet.

Competition is what drives the free market. Aside from Apple's incredibly myopic views of what a smartphone owner wants and needs, Android has conquered the market by picking up slack for Apple.

Apple really doesn't care what power users want because they know most power users don't use an iPhone.

The Apple community is mostly a bunch of teenyboppers that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground because the American Education system is falling to the wayside and they only have commercials and what's on TV to teach them.

The parents just get the phones to shut the kids up while they ignore their own children's needs.

I asked my g/f, who has a Masters in marketing and business management; how many iPhones she thinks Apple gives away in Hollywood to keep the iPhone relevant... She said "probably in the millions."

Besides it's own street cred, Apple products don't offer anything more than a low end chinese ripoff of Android.

The vapid people that purchase these phones just want it for their own vanity, that's ALL.

Smart people buy Android phones or ANY other brand.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to abuttino For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
vulcanvillalta
Old
#4  
vulcanvillalta's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 179
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Miami
Why make an Android when you have a perfectly good iPhone? Why make a printing press when you have a pen? Why make a car when you have legs? Why make a television when you have a book?

New technologies, and new ideas are what keep the world advancing. Yes, the iPhone exists. I personally have one. I know that it is not the optimum, but it does what I need it to do. I'm what they call, "Behind with the times" and I'm comfortable there. However, that means nothing. Progress is constantly happening. Before the iPhone, we all had flip phones. Before that, house phones. Your question, about ten years ago, would be the equivalent of asking why do we need a cell phone when we have a perfectly good house phone?

In ten years down the road, the iPhone will be obsolete and forgotten; a relic. You cannot be mad at the future, because the future always wins. There is nothing that you can say or do to prevent that. Accept and embrace the change, keep what you like (I like my dusty iPhone), and accept that you will never be completely caught up with everything that is happening in the world. If you don't, you are sure to only bring anger to yourself.
 
Atishay Jain
Old
#5  
Atishay Jain's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 268
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Agra
Quote:
Originally Posted by abuttino View Post
This question had to be asked by someone that was either trolling or hasn't graduated from any major schooling yet.

Competition is what drives the free market. Aside from Apple's incredibly myopic views of what a smartphone owner wants and needs, Android has conquered the market by picking up slack for Apple.

Apple really doesn't care what power users want because they know most power users don't use an iPhone.

The Apple community is mostly a bunch of teenyboppers that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground because the American Education system is falling to the wayside and they only have commercials and what's on TV to teach them.

The parents just get the phones to shut the kids up while they ignore their own children's needs.

I asked my g/f, who has a Masters in marketing and business management; how many iPhones she thinks Apple gives away in Hollywood to keep the iPhone relevant... She said probably in the millions.

Besides it's own street cred, Apple products don't offer anything more than a low end chinese ripoff of Android.

The vapid people that purchase these phones just want it for their own vanity, that's ALL.

Smart people buy Android phones or ANY other brand.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk
Completely agree to this. iPhone and apple's ios are both too restrictive. Even to the extent that you can't apply any wallpapers or install third party non-app store apps without jailbreaking !!!
Hit thanks if any of my posts helped you in any way.

MY DEVICE -

Phone: Rooted Karbonn A1+
Kernel version:2.6.35.7
Baseband version:SC6820
Android version: 2.3.6 Gingerbread
Software version: 2.0.8


MY THREAD : -

Tweaks to improve performance and looks of your phone

Change the status bar of your phone to something beautiful without using a recovery !!

Completely replace your default lockscreen with this beautiful S3 like lockscreen
 
abuttino
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 233
Posts: 1,321
Join Date: Sep 2006
With a "Locked down" device, it is harder to innovate. You only see what "Mother Apple" wants you to see. So, if they don't think you should have it, most chances are, you will never even hear of it. Unless you are a friend of family member of someone that has a rejected app..

I don't see that as a positive thing in the least bit, especially since I have apps on the Play Store. 2 of which were asked to be taken down by a company that was pioneered by the father of the iPod.

These kids will never know what it is like to grow up with freedom.
 
mbwd
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 11
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by abuttino View Post
With a "Locked down" device, it is harder to innovate. You only see what "Mother Apple" wants you to see. So, if they don't think you should have it, most chances are, you will never even hear of it. Unless you are a friend of family member of someone that has a rejected app..

I don't see that as a positive thing in the least bit, especially since I have apps on the Play Store. 2 of which were asked to be taken down by a company that was pioneered by the father of the iPod.

These kids will never know what it is like to grow up with freedom.

I think it was just a troll. Nothing to see here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes