Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 48,463 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel] Stock MJ4

Tip us?

LMMT
Old
(Last edited by LMMT; 12th April 2014 at 10:05 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 607
Default [Kernel] Stock MJ4

This is a recovery flashable, stock boot.img, pulled from freeza's stock rooted rom, located here. It's completely unchanged from stock, I just made it flashable. After flashing, this will set secure storage to "true", in the build.prop. See freeza's thread here, for more info on this.

Use this at your own risk, I assume no responsibility.

MJ4 Kernel: MJ4

MD5: f644d48eb13a17878959199665830d2c
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to LMMT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blackcanopy
Old
Thanks Meter 2798
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMT View Post
This is a recovery flashable, stock boot.img, pulled from freeza's stock rooted rom, located here. It's completely unchanged from stock, I just made it flashable. After flashing, this will set secure storage to "true", in the build.prop. See freeza's thread here, for more info on this.

Use this at your own risk, I assume no responsibility.

MD5: f644d48eb13a17878959199665830d2c
Thank you for this. It's always great having the stock kernel available.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blackcanopy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LMMT
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcanopy View Post
Thank you for this. It's always great having the stock kernel available.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
You're welcome. I just realized this hasn't already been done by one of the forums "heavy hitters". I flashed it about a jillion times on my phone, without any problems.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LMMT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wenzhpz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Good job,keep up the good work
The Following User Says Thank You to wenzhpz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

seVIIn7
Old
Thanks Meter 460
Thanks LMMT. ..This was much needed.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to seVIIn7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LMMT
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by seVIIn7 View Post
Thanks LMMT. ..This was much needed.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Cool, glad it's helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to LMMT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fredgar75
Old
Thanks Meter 1398
I hate to ask but I haven't seen one around. Is there a stock kernel that doesn't have storage_secure set to true? I flashed this and checked build prop and it says false but I couldn't delete or move anything. The reason I ask is I get constant reboots on any beast mode kernel I've tried and whenever I restore a back up I lose the ability to change anything on system or sdcard. This happens on any TW rom I use and using both cwm or twrp recoveries.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

LMMT
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgar75 View Post
I hate to ask but I haven't seen one around. Is there a stock kernel that doesn't have storage_secure set to true? I flashed this and checked build prop and it says false but I couldn't delete or move anything. The reason I ask is I get constant reboots on any beast mode kernel I've tried and whenever I restore a back up I lose the ability to change anything on system or sdcard. This happens on any TW rom I use and using both cwm or twrp recoveries.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Can you provide a brief summary of what you've flashed, recently. Were you ever on 4.4? How about AOSP?

Sent from my SM-N900P

fredgar75
Old
Thanks Meter 1398
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMT View Post
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Can you provide a brief summary of what you've flashed, recently. Were you ever on 4.4? How about AOSP?

Sent from my SM-N900P
I was on beanstalk/ aosp. But this happens even if I go from toxic Swamp to odexed blue. My aosp backups run fine on a restore. It's just TW roms running the stock kernel. Seeing as beast mode is the only aftermarket kernel I don't have any other choices.

LMMT
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgar75 View Post
I was on beanstalk/ aosp. But this happens even if I go from toxic Swamp to odexed blue. My aosp backups run fine on a restore. It's just TW roms running the stock kernel. Seeing as beast mode is the only aftermarket kernel I don't have any other choices.

I don't have any personal experience with this, but I've read, the only fix for some, has been a complete wipe, including internal storage. Follow up with PC Odin-ing the TW tar. I assume you are trying to stay on MJ4?

Sent from my SM-N900P

Tags
sm-n900p mj4 stock kernel, sprint note 3 mj4 stock kernel