[Q] Get Adapt Sound To Work Globally?

15th May 2013, 11:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

39 posts
Adapt Sound for any of you guys that didn't know makes the sound quality 20 times better. I listened to a song in the Samsung music app and then listened to the same song at the same volume in Winamp and it sounded terrible.

I'm trying to find a way to make adapt sound global, because I absolutely hate the Samsung music app. I'd much rather use Winamp or Poweramp because of all the extra features.

It'd be AWESOME if someone figured out a way to make adapt sound global and put it into a custom ROM, or even made a MOD out of it.

Edit: If you don't believe me test it out for yourself. Go to Settings>My Device>Sound>Adapt Sound, once you get there do the little hearing test, and then play a song in the samsung music app.
Last edited by gharb0129; 15th May 2013 at 11:14 PM.
30th June 2013, 09:42 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 417

762 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharb0129

Adapt Sound for any of you guys that didn't know makes the sound quality 20 times better. I listened to a song in the Samsung music app and then listened to the same song at the same volume in Winamp and it sounded terrible.

I'm trying to find a way to make adapt sound global, because I absolutely hate the Samsung music app. I'd much rather use Winamp or Poweramp because of all the extra features.

It'd be AWESOME if someone figured out a way to make adapt sound global and put it into a custom ROM, or even made a MOD out of it.

Edit: If you don't believe me test it out for yourself. Go to Settings>My Device>Sound>Adapt Sound, once you get there do the little hearing test, and then play a song in the samsung music app.

WOW!

Was using Neutron thinking it gives the best possible sound.. Until now!

It's unbelievable the difference!

Adapt sound and Neutron would be a killer combination!
17th July 2013, 01:32 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
+1 here!
19th August 2013, 04:28 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 22

143 posts
+1
19th August 2013, 08:57 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 325

1,677 posts
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apps.equalizer

Does equalizer app work universally for you? Granted with some eq adjustments, it seems to lower the output level, but I'm still curious if it fixes your issue. Yes, you will have to disable or freeze the built in eq app in touchwiz, for it to work properly.
25th October 2013, 08:09 AM   |  #6  
Flag Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
Thanks Meter: 7

45 posts
More
I might have stumbled on a clue towards applying Adapt Sound globally or with different music apps.. I was fiddling around with it the other day, and then I was testing the Samsung music app and Google Play Music. Of course, music played through Play Music did not enable the Adapt Sound.

However, when I was listening to a song in Play Music, I thought I'd open the Samsung music app to try to run a comparison, and as soon as I opened it, it applied the Adapt Sound to the music that was playing through Play Music! It seems that when the Samsung music app opens, it enables the Adapt Sound regardless if it's actually playing anything or not, and simply keeping it open in a second window (I'm on a Galaxy Note 3) kept the Adapt Sound enabled! As soon as I closed the Samsung music app, the Adapt Sound was disabled and the sound reverted to the default. Perhaps this may give a clue on how Adapt Sound is applied through the Samsung music app, and perhaps make it possible to make a widget with a button that can enable or disable the Adapt Sound feature.

Lars
17th May 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #7  
Flag Iasi
Thanks Meter: 106

1,311 posts
More
Any news on this? Maybe a similar app that does the same thing and works on all apps, or a root method to apply Samsung's feature globally?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread