Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 49,561 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW-TO]Flash a custom splash screen

Tip us?
 
chrisch1974
Old
(Last edited by chrisch1974; 9th June 2013 at 09:16 AM.)
#1  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3643
Posts: 908
Join Date: Feb 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [HOW-TO]Flash a custom splash screen

With the arrival of S-OFF for the HTC One we also got the possibility to flash a custom splash screen. Many of us used this already on their previous devices and now it's possible for the HTC One too.

Preparing image for flashing:
First you need the image of your choice. Make sure you it has the size 1080x1920 !!!. It must have been already the correct size because the converter doesn't re-size it. The image can be in the format BMP, JPG or PNG.

Grab EZ Splash Screen Flasher and Image Converter and convert your image. Instructions how to convert it are in the original thread.

Take the custom.img in the place-image-here folder and rename it to splash1.nb0.

Download the attached splash.zip and replace the splash1.nb0 inside.

Have a look at the android-info.txt file and check if your CID is present inside. IF not than add it. I have already added a lot of CID's but if there are some missing I will update it from time to time.

Requirements for flashing:
S-OFF

Steps for flashing:
Boot your HTC One into bootloader and enter fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader

Start RUU Flash mode
fastboot oem rebootRUU

Flash the custom splash screen
fastboot flash zip splash.zip

Make sure that there are no error messages when flashing

Reboot your device
fastboot reboot
Attached Files
File Type: zip splash.zip - [Click for QR Code] (114.4 KB, 1300 views)
File Type: zip splash_stock.zip - [Click for QR Code] (20.6 KB, 972 views)
The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to chrisch1974 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
chrisch1974
Old
(Last edited by chrisch1974; 9th June 2013 at 10:06 AM.)
#2  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3643
Posts: 908
Join Date: Feb 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
If someone is interested this is the actual image in the splash.zip


If you want to go back flash the splash_stock.zip
fastboot flash zip splash_stock.zip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	splash1.jpg
Views:	18518
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	2028625  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chrisch1974 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cyber6
Old
#3  
cyber6's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 364
Posts: 176
Join Date: Jan 2011
THX for Tutorial, here my splashscreens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	htc_blue.jpg
Views:	2944
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	2028696   Click image for larger version

Name:	htc_green.jpg
Views:	2930
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	2028697   Click image for larger version

Name:	why.jpg
Views:	3393
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	2028698  
Attached Files
File Type: zip splash_htc_blue.zip - [Click for QR Code] (37.4 KB, 327 views)
File Type: zip splash_htc_green.zip - [Click for QR Code] (41.8 KB, 324 views)
File Type: zip splash_whysoserious.zip - [Click for QR Code] (230.3 KB, 210 views)
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to cyber6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
craftycarper1
Old
#4  
craftycarper1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 240
Posts: 934
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northampton
Thanks for the tutorial, now i'm S-Off i can see me turning into a splash flashaholic!
↑↑↑ Click above for my Userbars ↑↑↑
 
breadtreemike
Old
#5  
breadtreemike's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 216
Join Date: Feb 2012
thx for sharing..works fine here..cheers~
 
touch of jobo
Old
(Last edited by touch of jobo; 23rd June 2014 at 07:08 PM.)
#6  
touch of jobo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 516
Posts: 706
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Groningen

 
DONATE TO ME
Hi chrisch1974,

I do not own this device myself, but Sneakyghost and I have been playing around a bit, and he confirms that this works for the One. It seemed appropriate to offer it up here in your thread..

For the One-S Ville, I have an online boot splash zip generator. You can upload a picture and it will generate a recovery flashable .zip file. I have now made a version for the One M7 that's identical, except it uses a different resolution and block device. (1080x1920 into P13 instead of 540x960 into P14) For people who don't have a windows box available, this might be an easier option.

http://jobiwan.net:81/bootsplash-one

I don't know whether S-Off is required or not. On the Ville you have to be either S-Off or on a lower hboot version. Again, the .zip files this generates are recovery flashable, not fastboot-RUU flashable, unlike yours.

Enjoy,
-Jobo


(PS: This is my original thread for the One-S Ville: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1777223 The online generator is introduced in post#115.)
-- | Ville (S4) | HTC__001 | HBOOT-1.13.0000 | S-Off | CWM-6.0.2.9 | --
-- | Bravo PVT-1 amoled | S-Off | alpharev-cm7 | Ra-2.0.1 | 1.5G ext4 | --

GCS/M a>+ s:- d+@ e++(*) h+ r- y+ C++ M++$ L+ U*L>$ w PS+ PE- Y+ W+ DI+@ G b+>++ t
If you have an always-on machine and some spare bandwidth, consider running a Tor relay.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to touch of jobo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
moregadget
Old
#7  
moregadget's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 202
Posts: 520
Join Date: May 2012
Location: An Undisclosed Location
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisch1974 View Post
With the arrival of S-OFF for the HTC One we also got the possibility to flash a custom splash screen. Many of us used this already on their previous devices and now it's possible for the HTC One too.

Preparing image for flashing:
First you need the image of your choice. Make sure you it has the size 1080x1920 !!!. It must have been already the correct size because the converter doesn't re-size it. The image can be in the format BMP, JPG or PNG.

Grab EZ Splash Screen Flasher and Image Converter and convert your image. Instructions how to convert it are in the original thread.

Take the custom.img in the place-image-here folder and rename it to splash1.nb0.

Download the attached splash.zip and replace the splash1.nb0 inside.

Have a look at the android-info.txt file and check if your CID is present inside. IF not than add it. I have already added a lot of CID's but if there are some missing I will update it from time to time.

Requirements for flashing:
S-OFF

Steps for flashing:
Boot your HTC One into bootloader and enter fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader

Start RUU Flash mode
fastboot oem rebootRUU

Flash the custom splash screen
fastboot flash zip splash.zip

Make sure that there are no error messages when flashing

Reboot your device
fastboot reboot
I attempted to flash with these instructions and received the following:
C:\Users\brandon\Downloads\One_M7_All-In-One_Kit_v1.3\Data>fastboot flash zip sp
lash_stock.zip
sending 'zip' (20 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.233s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
(bootloader) checking model ID...
FAILED (remote: 41 model id check fail)
finished. total time: 0.666s

I edited the text file to add my CID (BS_US001) but no luck...

I am S-OFF but did not change the CID.


MG
Sprint HTC One M8 32GB
CID: SPCS_001
ROM: ViperOne 1.8.0
S-OFF: Firewater

If you don't have time to dev, you should at least make time to read.
If you don't have time to read, then you don't deserve to flash.
- user602
 
Sneakyghost
Old
#8  
Sneakyghost's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6713
Posts: 5,420
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: InMyHead

 
DONATE TO ME
Hey Chrisch!

Nice thread really! I was a bit frustrated first when i found it because i spent all afternoon working out where splash is, how to convert it etc. Now you have been faster!
Well, at least Touch of Jobo can offer his form for recovery flashable zips as a supplement.

I will link your thread to my hboot modification thread so people who edit out the red warning have easy access to custom splash screens (in my eyes these two always go together somehow )

Well done mate! Thanks a lot!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sneakyghost For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
superchilpil
Old
#9  
superchilpil's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1204
Posts: 3,742
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Texas

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by touch of jobo View Post
Hi chrisch1974,

I do not own this device myself, but Sneakyghost and I have been playing around a bit, and he confirms that this works for the One. It seemed appropriate to offer it up here in your thread..

For the One-S Ville, I have an online boot splash zip generator. You can upload a picture and it will generate a recovery flashable .zip file. I have now made a version for the One M7 that's identical, except it uses a different resolution and block device. (1080x1920 into P13 instead of 540x960 into P14) For people who don't have a windows box available, this might be an easier option.

http://tibook.jb.b4m.com:81/bootsplash-one

I don't know whether S-Off is required or not. On the Ville you have to be either S-Off or on a lower hboot version. Again, the .zip files this generates are recovery flashable, not fastboot-RUU flashable, unlike yours.

Enjoy,
-Jobo


(PS: This is my original thread for the One-S Ville: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1777223 The online generator is introduces in post#115.)
It won't flash I n recovery, I tried to open up the zip and it fails

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
=========================

AT&T HTC One

Help me fill up my thanks meter by hitting thanks
==================================================
The Following User Says Thank You to superchilpil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
touch of jobo
Old
(Last edited by touch of jobo; 9th June 2013 at 06:09 PM.)
#10  
touch of jobo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 516
Posts: 706
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Groningen

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchilpil View Post
It won't flash I n recovery, I tried to open up the zip and it fails
I've tested it myself and it creates valid .zip files. I can not flash them because I don't have a One. Is the z.ip file you get zero bytes? Can you (zip up and) post the picture you tried to upload?


Edit to add: can 2 or 3 others please report? So as to see whether this is a special case, or it just doesn't work at all..


Edit2: I used the metallica picture you posted, and it generated a 905K .zip file. (attached)
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootsplash.zip - [Click for QR Code] (881.6 KB, 147 views)
-- | Ville (S4) | HTC__001 | HBOOT-1.13.0000 | S-Off | CWM-6.0.2.9 | --
-- | Bravo PVT-1 amoled | S-Off | alpharev-cm7 | Ra-2.0.1 | 1.5G ext4 | --

GCS/M a>+ s:- d+@ e++(*) h+ r- y+ C++ M++$ L+ U*L>$ w PS+ PE- Y+ W+ DI+@ G b+>++ t
If you have an always-on machine and some spare bandwidth, consider running a Tor relay.


The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to touch of jobo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes