Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XPERIA Z1 14.3.A.0.757 fw

Tip us?
 
LaFemme69
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: May 2014
Default XPERIA Z1 14.3.A.0.757 fw

Hi, wondering if anyone can please help me.

course of events:

1) original FW rooted with bin4ry.v32

2) 14.2.A.0.290 rooted with NUT's method

3) 14.3.A.0.757 updated and rooted also with NUT's method; tried to do Advance Wipe in TWRP (with everything except for Ext. SD) but had 'failed' error so ended up with just a 'general' data wipe, went OK. Then flashed the 14.3.A.0.757 FW ok (from Ext. SD). Using flashtool to flash the stripped 14.3.A.0.757.ftf, went OK. booted up the phone with .757 no problem, however noticed that freshly installed apps were some how already configured and setup even though I have not set anything yet. I figured maybe it loaded up the data from .290 hence, the data wipe may not be done properly.

4) 14.3.A.0.757 again to see if the issue with the apps will rectify, however, still getting 'failed' error with TWRP Advance Wipe. I ended up 'format' data and tried TWRP advance wipe......again, 'failed' error! Tried to deselect USB-OTG, surprisingly Advance wipe was 'successful'. Then flashed with 14.3.A.0.757 flashable.zip again, this time it flashed pretty fast. so I proceed with flashtool, went well. rebooted and got stuck at Sony Logo. COULD NOT get back into TWRP to reflash.....ended up having to reflash 14.3.A.0.757 using Sony's Update Service app (SUS). Everything is ok, phone is working fine. However, I cannot go into recovery mode to flash with TWRP to root anymore. I noticed that when I press power, it vibrates once......Sony Logo.....Xperia logo and wipe screen. It doesn't vibrate twice anymore when the Sony logo comes up.

any suggestions?

Thank you and sorry for the long thread. Just want to be as precise as I can.

kate d
 
kentexcitebot
Old
(Last edited by kentexcitebot; 15th May 2014 at 03:45 AM.)
#2  
kentexcitebot's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 98
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFemme69 View Post
Hi, wondering if anyone can please help me.

course of events:

1) original FW rooted with bin4ry.v32

2) 14.2.A.0.290 rooted with NUT's method

3) 14.3.A.0.757 updated and rooted also with NUT's method; tried to do Advance Wipe in TWRP (with everything except for Ext. SD) but had 'failed' error so ended up with just a 'general' data wipe, went OK. Then flashed the 14.3.A.0.757 FW ok (from Ext. SD). Using flashtool to flash the stripped 14.3.A.0.757.ftf, went OK. booted up the phone with .757 no problem, however noticed that freshly installed apps were some how already configured and setup even though I have not set anything yet. I figured maybe it loaded up the data from .290 hence, the data wipe may not be done properly.

4) 14.3.A.0.757 again to see if the issue with the apps will rectify, however, still getting 'failed' error with TWRP Advance Wipe. I ended up 'format' data and tried TWRP advance wipe......again, 'failed' error! Tried to deselect USB-OTG, surprisingly Advance wipe was 'successful'. Then flashed with 14.3.A.0.757 flashable.zip again, this time it flashed pretty fast. so I proceed with flashtool, went well. rebooted and got stuck at Sony Logo. COULD NOT get back into TWRP to reflash.....ended up having to reflash 14.3.A.0.757 using Sony's Update Service app (SUS). Everything is ok, phone is working fine. However, I cannot go into recovery mode to flash with TWRP to root anymore. I noticed that when I press power, it vibrates once......Sony Logo.....Xperia logo and wipe screen. It doesn't vibrate twice anymore when the Sony logo comes up.

any suggestions?

Thank you and sorry for the long thread. Just want to be as precise as I can.

kate d
Try again doing these steps.
1. Reflash stock rom.
2. Downgrade by flashing 14.1.G [ NUT ] (android 4.2.2)
4. Use bin4ry's Root and restore. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
5. Flash NUT's dual recoveries. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2261606
6. Download 14.3.A.0.757flashable and stripped FTF.: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2711982
7. Put 757flashable.zip on your SD card or internal memory.
8. Disconnect USB from phone.
9. Through Windows, put the FTF in flashtool's firmware folder
10.Reboot phone to TWRP's recovery (on the green LED press volume down)
11. Through Recovery flash the 757 zip.
12. Don't reboot, go to the menu, click power options, select power off.
13. Insert USB to phone while holding volume down.
14. Flash the FTF file.
15. Celebrate.

There's probably a shorter way to do this, but this is what I did and my phone works fine. If you want to deodex visit this link: https://mega.co.nz/#!WgwRDQDa!UlO0Vx...O6_zf5zhGpfktI. Wipe dalvik-cache after flashing the deodex file.
 
LaFemme69
Old
(Last edited by LaFemme69; 15th May 2014 at 03:55 AM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: May 2014
Default clarifications on certain steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentexcitebot View Post
Try again using these steps.
1. Reflash stock rom.
2. Downgrade by flashing 14.1.G [ NUT ] (android 4.2.2)
4. Use bin4ry's Root and restore.
5. Flash NUT's dual recoveries.
6. Download the most recent firmware: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2711982
7. Put 757flashable.zip on sdcard or internal memory.
8. Disconnect USB from phone.
9. Through Windows, put the FTF in flashtool's firmware folder
10.Reboot phone to TWRP's recovery (on the green LED press volume down)
11. Through Recovery flash the 757 zip.
12. Don't reboot, go to the menu, click power options, select power off.
13. Insert USB to phone while holding volume down.
14. Flash the FTF file.
15. Celebrate.

There's probably a shorter way to do this, but this is what I did and my phone works fine. If you want to deodex visit this link: https://mega.co.nz/#!WgwRDQDa!UlO0Vx...O6_zf5zhGpfktI.
I am not sure certain steps....
1) how do I reflash stock firmware, which firmware? Also how, using flashtool? Sony Update service software?

2) How do I downgrade, also using flashtool?

4) when you said 'restore' after root with bin4ry's, also with flashtool?

5) Should I delete the old dual recoveries currently on my ext sd?

this is for C6906 or doesn't matter

thanx
 
kentexcitebot
Old
(Last edited by kentexcitebot; 15th May 2014 at 07:37 PM.)
#4  
kentexcitebot's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 98
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFemme69 View Post
I am not sure certain steps....
1) how do I reflash stock firmware, which firmware? Also how, using flashtool? Sony Update service software?

2) How do I downgrade, also using flashtool?

4) when you said 'restore' after root with bin4ry's, also with flashtool?

5) Flash NUT's dual recoveries....u mean through TWRP or install the app into my PC and run the batch.exe?



thanx
1) You re-flash stock firmware by going here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_d...WVk/edit?pli=1. (Link provided by xperiafirmware.com) That's assuming your model number corresponds to the file. If you have C6902 or other, don't use it. Google it.

2) Yeah you use flashtool. Click the thunderbolt icon, click flashmode, then select 14.1.G. Should say [NUT] under branding.

3)Root and restore is the name of the application provided by bin4ry. You have the option to root your phone along with restoring it back to un-rooted state. That is ran by "RunMe.bat".

4) When you run the .exe, it'll automatically put the recovery files. Make sure your USB debug is turned on and you accept Root access (superuser request).

Again, this could probably be cut to less steps, but this is what I did.
 
LaFemme69
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: May 2014
Default old dual recoveries

2) Yeah you use flashtool. Click the thunderbolt icon, click flashmode, then select 14.1.G. Should say [NUT] under branding.

3)Root and restore is the name of the application provided by bin4ry. You have the option to root your phone along with restoring it back to un-rooted state. That is ran by "RunMe.bat".

4) When you run the .exe, it'll automatically put the recovery files. Make sure your USB debug is turned on and you accept Root access (superuser request).[/QUOTE]

what do I do with the old dual recoveries i have on my ext sd, delete it before I run the newer dual recovery?

Also, forgot to mention that my device is c6096. where can I find the appropriate corrosponding file?

thanx again

kate
 
kentexcitebot
Old
(Last edited by kentexcitebot; 15th May 2014 at 04:45 AM.)
#6  
kentexcitebot's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 98
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Also, forgot to mention that my device is c6096. where can I find the appropriate corrosponding file?
You mean c6906? Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714351

As for dual recoveries that were on your phone, those will be gone when you flash the stock sony rom. Remove the recoveries off your sd card just in case and add the newer recovery files through the .exe or .bat from NUT.
 
LaFemme69
Old
(Last edited by LaFemme69; 15th May 2014 at 05:46 PM.)
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: May 2014
Default to confirm before reflashing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentexcitebot View Post
You mean c6906? Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714351

As for dual recoveries that were on your phone, those will be gone when you flash the stock sony rom. Remove the recoveries off your sd card just in case and add the newer recovery files through the .exe or .bat from NUT.
I want to confirm a few things before I follow your steps. (question in BOLD)

1. Reflash stock rom ------------------using fw from the link above (C6906_14.3.A.0.757_CA Generic.ftf or C6906_14.3.A.0.757_Customized_US_1276-7484_R4C.ftf) with flashtool

2. Downgrade by flashing 14.1.G [ NUT ] (android 4.2.2) -------------- after flashing with the .757 fw in step 1, flash this fw with flashtool; but I only see 14.1.G [NUT] for c6903 does it matter?

4. Use bin4ry's Root and restore. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460

5. Flash NUT's dual recoveries. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2261606 ---------- as mentioned from your post above (underlined), remove the recoveries off my ext sd before flashing NUT's latest dual recoveries, which is the TWRP folder correct?

6. Download 14.3.A.0.757flashable and stripped FTF.: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2711982

7. Put 757flashable.zip on your SD card or internal memory.

8. Disconnect USB from phone.

9. Through Windows, put the FTF in flashtool's firmware folder

10.Reboot phone to TWRP's recovery (on the green LED press volume down)

11. Through Recovery flash the 757 zip.

12. Don't reboot, go to the menu, click power options, select power off.

13. Insert USB to phone while holding volume down.

14. Flash the FTF file. --------- I assumed the stripped ftf in flashtool

15. Celebrate. ----------- Hopefully, this will be the case


THANK YOU so much for bearing with me!

kate
 
gregbradley
Old
#8  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3756
Posts: 8,881
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFemme69 View Post
I want to confirm a few things before I follow your steps. (question in BOLD)

1. Reflash stock rom ------------------using fw from the link above (C6906_14.3.A.0.757_CA Generic.ftf or C6906_14.3.A.0.757_Customized_US_1276-7484_R4C.ftf) with flashtool

2. Downgrade by flashing 14.1.G [ NUT ] (android 4.2.2) -------------- after flashing with the fw in step 1, flash this fw with flashtool; but I only see 14.1.G [NUT] for c6903 does it matter?
flash any 4.2 FTF for C6906
Quote:

4. Use bin4ry's Root and restore. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
This step is not needed
Quote:

5. Flash NUT's dual recoveries. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2261606 ---------- as mentioned above (underlined) to remove the recoveries off my ext sd before flashing NUT's latest dual recoveries, which is the TWRP folder correct?
If you want to
Quote:

6. Download 14.3.A.0.757flashable and stripped FTF.: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2711982
7. Put 757flashable.zip on your SD card or internal memory.

8. Disconnect USB from phone.

9. Through Windows, put the FTF in flashtool's firmware folder

10.Reboot phone to TWRP's recovery (on the green LED press volume down)

11. Through Recovery flash the 757 zip.

12. Don't reboot, go to the menu, click power options, select power off.

13. Insert USB to phone while holding volume down.
Do not do this until prompted to do so by flashtool
Quote:

14. Flash the FTF file. --------- I assumed the stripped ftf in flashtool
yes
Quote:

15. Celebrate. ----------- Hopefully, this will be the case


THANK YOU so much for bearing with me!

kate
If in doubt, follow the link in my signature

Its only 3 simple steps

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

 

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton


[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.


The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kentexcitebot
Old
#9  
kentexcitebot's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 98
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Do not do this until prompted to do so by flashtool.
I had it in flash mode on my older Z1 before launching flashtool and it worked fine.

But yeah, your method cuts my lengthy process. Thanks
 
RolhaPodre
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentexcitebot View Post
I had it in flash mode on my older Z1 before launching flashtool and it worked fine.

But yeah, your method cuts my lengthy process. Thanks
My sistem digital TV (DTV) not work fine

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

[OTA Captured] Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 Finally Gets Official KitKat Update

It’s been almost nine months since the LG G Pad … more

Enjoy Wallpaper Overload with PhotoPhase

We don’t usually feature live wallpapers on the XDA Portal unless they are somewhat innovative … more

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more