Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Link to most recent radio for HTC EVO LTE

OP NoClemency

27th June 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #1  
NoClemency's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 14
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Can some one direct me to where the most up to date radio is for the HTC EVO LTE. And if you can be specific in your explanation to which file or files I need to flash, that would be great. I am S-off, so I have no concerns there.
Last edited by NoClemency; 27th June 2014 at 12:51 AM.
27th June 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #2  
Captain_Throwback's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 11,215
 
10
12,337 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoClemency

Can some one direct me to where the most up to date radio is for the HTC EVO LTE. And if you can be specific in your explanation to which file or files I need to flash, that would be great. I am S-off, so I have no concerns there.

Click the radio in my signature.
27th June 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #3  
NoClemency's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 14
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

Click the radio in my signature.

I already found this, but these files look different than what I'm used to seeing. Which file or files for Jewel do I need to flash? Basically what I'm trying to ask is which one or ones are the radios that I need to flash in recovery?
27th June 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #4  
Captain_Throwback's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 11,215
 
10
12,337 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoClemency

I already found this, but these files look different than what I'm used to seeing. Which file or files for Jewel do I need to flash? Basically what I'm trying to ask is which one or ones are the radios that I need to flash in recovery?

You don't flash them in recovery. There should be instructions in that thread, which would also be the best place to post your question about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #5  
NoClemency's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 14
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

You don't flash them in recovery. There should be instructions in that thread, which would also be the best place to post your question about it.

Thanks, I will take a look at it and message you if I don't figure it out. Thanks.
27th June 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #6  
NoClemency's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 14
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

You don't flash them in recovery. There should be instructions in that thread, which would also be the best place to post your question about it.

From my understanding, I simply need to download this file http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...p%3C%2Ffont%3E and flash it in recovery, and I should be good to go. Is that correct, and is this the most up to date version, because I noticed it doesn't match the version in your signature?
27th June 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #7  
Magnum_Enforcer's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,182
 
4,001 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
That's not the newest radios, and no, they are not flashed through recovery. They are flashed through the bootloader. If you aren't planning on updating to Android 4.3, however, those are the newest and will work fine. For more info, click the top link in my sig and read the section regarding firmware updates.

Sent from my HTC device
Last edited by Magnum_Enforcer; 27th June 2014 at 02:04 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #8  
NoClemency's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 14
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer

That's not the newest radios, and no, they are not flashed through recovery. They are flashed through the bootloader. If you aren't planning on updating to Android 4.3, however, those are the newest and will work fine. For more info, click the top link in my sig and read the section regarding firmware updates.

Sent from my HTC device

You are right, I forgot you do flash them in the boot loader. My question now is that I'm currently on 4.1.1 but may in the future update to 4.3. As a result, can you point me specifically to the file that I need to flash in the boot loader. Is the file I need to flash in the boot loader called 4.13.651.4 Sense 5 Android 4.3 - Odex or is it something else. Sorry for asking such stupid questions, but I'm getting confused.
27th June 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #9  
Magnum_Enforcer's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,182
 
4,001 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
If you want to update to 4.3 you should run the RUU. That will make sure everything gets updated. The RUU will also change how the internal storage is set up. In that same link I mentioned above, there is a link to all the applicable RUU's for this device.

Sent from my HTC device
The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #10  
NoClemency's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 14
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer

If you want to update to 4.3 you should run the RUU. That will make sure everything gets updated. The RUU will also change how the internal storage is set up. In that same link I mentioned above, there is a link to all the applicable RUU's for this device.

Sent from my HTC device

Thanks for the information. I decided to simply use the older radio link that I linked you that you said is the most up to date version if I'm not switching over to 4.3. I'm planning on getting a new phone soon, so I didn't want to take the time to switch to 4.3 right now. I already flashed the radios and everything looks to be working fine. Thanks for your help.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes