Originally Posted by RCizzle65
What was your solution?
, the research was saying this error is triggered by settings and/or background activity on 1 or more particular wlans you connect on (not by anything on your phone). Different posters saw it draining their battery on their school, work or home wifi networks accordingly.
I took 2 approaches: Since it was my home network, I disabled the UPnP service on my main router. I also separately configured a static IP (one that is outside the range of automatic addresses) on my phone for the home wifi connection using the "Modify network config" command available by long pressing an SSID in the list on Wifi settings. It worked. 1.4% / hour overnight drain is restored. (It had risen to 4%).
Both approaches isolate the phone from some types of network broadcast activity that triggers excessive wake time.