XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked A200 - APX mode

Tip us?

kirbee213
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Prompt [Q] Bricked A200 - APX mode

Title kinda says it all. I have an Acer A200 that is stuck in APX mode (I assume as this is how device manager sees the tablet and the visual state is screen off and power button led is solid white. No fastboot, No ADB, Only NVFlash and when you invoke any NVFlash command the device drops from the windows device manager until you press the "reset" button with a paperclip (or other similarly small object). I have tried several fixes that I have found via an extensive search on google, XDA, AF, and AcerTabletForum (rarely written for the a200, mostly for the a50x). I have created other threads (in the wrong section actually, whoops) that got a good bit of views, but no replies. I hope SOMEONE has a working solution for me. I know there is hope for this tablet. I just do not have the know-how to fix it alone.

kirbee213
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Nothing, from anyone? I know we have some very talented people that have overcome way more difficult issues than this.

Moscow Desire
Old
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Thanks Meter 6,013

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbee213 View Post
Nothing, from anyone? I know we have some very talented people that have overcome way more difficult issues than this.
Well, not a lot of A200 users here Mate. Mostly 500/501

The APX mode of course, is waiting for NVFlash input. This requires knowing first your UID number, and secondly, converting that number into an SBK (Secure Bootloader Key).

Unfortunately, the SBK program we have, is only for the 500. I don't believe there's anything for the 200 that I'm aware of.

Now, if there is an RUU (or EUU) ROM for the 200, then there is a possibility of getting the UID number for your tablet via Linux. (These type ROMs are an executable) but even then, I would think the system may have to be booted to run it. Not sure.

MD

Want to avoid a vacation to the Frostlands? Then Follow the XDA Rules Here

Though I walk among the trolls, I fear them not, for I am the Troll King
Killen dem Trolls since 2011
Acer Iconia A701***A501***ExPlay X-Tremer***HTC Desire***Desire S
Tags
a200, apx, bricked