Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more
Post Reply

[Q] can't write to the external sd card (Aosp)

OP foszuled

18th May 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
I don't know what the prob is but I was able to write to my sd card this happened like a week ago I was on a 4.4.2 two rom and had no issues with it then I went to an aosp room still no issues then I flashed another aosp rom and that's when I noticed the problem I can read the sd card I can even copy stuff from my external sd card to my internal one no prob but when I try to copy something from my internal to external I get an error message saying read only file system I tried those sdfix apps I tried a couple of them and they all say I'm good I have permissions to write on the sd card but I still can't. Has anyone had this prob or can point me in the right direction any help will be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-18-12-51-16.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	2750769  
18th May 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #2  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 763
 
2,329 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foszuled

I don't know what the prob is but I was able to write to my sd card this happened like a week ago I was on a 4.4.2 two rom and had no issues with it then I went to an aosp room still no issues then I flashed another aosp rom and that's when I noticed the problem I can read the sd card I can even copy stuff from my external sd card to my internal one no prob but when I try to copy something from my internal to external I get an error message saying read only file system I tried those sdfix apps I tried a couple of them and they all say I'm good I have permissions to write on the sd card but I still can't. Has anyone had this prob or can point me in the right direction any help will be appreciated.

Search and you will find the answer

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
18th May 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

Search and you will find the answer

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I did search allot of them said use the sdfix apps which does nothing for me and I found one post that had a temp fix but I couldn't even get it to work using that method.. or maybe I just over looked the answer..
18th May 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #4  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 763
 
2,329 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
This http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2691935

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
18th May 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

This http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2691935

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the effort but the whole permission thing isn't my problem I tried it anyway and still no luck I'm gonna try to change roms to one I know the sd card was working and see if that helps
19th May 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #6  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 763
 
2,329 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foszuled

Thanks for the effort but the whole permission thing isn't my problem I tried it anyway and still no luck I'm gonna try to change roms to one I know the sd card was working and see if that helps

You could also try formatting the SD card, or try a different one if you have a spare

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
19th May 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

You could also try formatting the SD card, or try a different one if you have a spare

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Yea I think I'm gonna format it I've been doing allot of reading about that f2fs format I'm gonna do my whole phone in that format I think.. I changed roms one two one aosp neither one helped so I'm guessing it's not Rom related I never take my sd card out of my phone I haven't wiped it I just don't get how one day I can write to it and another day I can't..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes