Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 45,210 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] can't write to the external sd card (Aosp)

Tip us?

foszuled
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] can't write to the external sd card (Aosp)

I don't know what the prob is but I was able to write to my sd card this happened like a week ago I was on a 4.4.2 two rom and had no issues with it then I went to an aosp room still no issues then I flashed another aosp rom and that's when I noticed the problem I can read the sd card I can even copy stuff from my external sd card to my internal one no prob but when I try to copy something from my internal to external I get an error message saying read only file system I tried those sdfix apps I tried a couple of them and they all say I'm good I have permissions to write on the sd card but I still can't. Has anyone had this prob or can point me in the right direction any help will be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-18-12-51-16.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	2750769  

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by foszuled View Post
I don't know what the prob is but I was able to write to my sd card this happened like a week ago I was on a 4.4.2 two rom and had no issues with it then I went to an aosp room still no issues then I flashed another aosp rom and that's when I noticed the problem I can read the sd card I can even copy stuff from my external sd card to my internal one no prob but when I try to copy something from my internal to external I get an error message saying read only file system I tried those sdfix apps I tried a couple of them and they all say I'm good I have permissions to write on the sd card but I still can't. Has anyone had this prob or can point me in the right direction any help will be appreciated.
Search and you will find the answer

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

foszuled
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
Search and you will find the answer

I did search allot of them said use the sdfix apps which does nothing for me and I found one post that had a temp fix but I couldn't even get it to work using that method.. or maybe I just over looked the answer..

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 641
This http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2691935

foszuled
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
This http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2691935

Thanks for the effort but the whole permission thing isn't my problem I tried it anyway and still no luck I'm gonna try to change roms to one I know the sd card was working and see if that helps

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by foszuled View Post
Thanks for the effort but the whole permission thing isn't my problem I tried it anyway and still no luck I'm gonna try to change roms to one I know the sd card was working and see if that helps
You could also try formatting the SD card, or try a different one if you have a spare

foszuled
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
You could also try formatting the SD card, or try a different one if you have a spare

Yea I think I'm gonna format it I've been doing allot of reading about that f2fs format I'm gonna do my whole phone in that format I think.. I changed roms one two one aosp neither one helped so I'm guessing it's not Rom related I never take my sd card out of my phone I haven't wiped it I just don't get how one day I can write to it and another day I can't..