Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 43,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Pit Configuration

Tip us?

Guy_with_an_Axe
Old
(Last edited by Guy_with_an_Axe; 9th October 2013 at 07:59 PM.) Reason: More direct information relating to my question.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Pit Configuration

Long story short, directly after installing Swap Internal Sdcard to External Sdcard my phone rebooted into recovery mode saying that it could not mount /Data & /Cache. This was on Cyanogenmod 10.2 (latest nightly) and I was an idiot and tried to start over and failed at repartitioning my ROM. Does anyone have a ROM configuration directory tree for a PIT configuration so I can recovery my phone?

Model is: SPH-l900
Recovery: TWRP

This is my last resort D:

======Update======== 10/09/2013

I've done a lot of research, pretty much summed up my options. Since I do not have a PIT configuration for my SPH-l900 I can either buy a hardware / software combo to repair my phone, throw my phone away, or risk taking it to a sprint store.

Also what device would I use to repair my phone? JTAG / RIFFTag? or ???

And also no one can make a PIT file for the SPH-L900 (16GB) ?

I have

d12unk13astard
Old
Thanks Meter 605
Just odin back to a stock rooted LJC rom and it will automagically repartition your phone back the way it needs to be.

Sent from my note 2 ya bish!
Current Device: T-Mobile Note 3 (SM-N900T)

Past Devices:

Sprint Note 2 (L900) - Hanging on to
Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold
T-Mobile G2X (P-999) - Sold
T-Mobile Mytouch4G - Sold
T-Mobile G1 (Dream) - Sold

Guy_with_an_Axe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by d12unk13astard View Post
Just odin back to a stock rooted LJC rom and it will automagically repartition your phone back the way it needs to be.

Last I researched and tried you cannot just Odin back without a .PIT configuration file with a corrupted ROM (EMMC). Does anyone have a .PIT configuration file for the SPH-L900?

d12unk13astard
Old
Thanks Meter 605
Can you get into odin download mode by holding volume down and power? If so im 99.9% sure its an easy fix. Or you can try your luck finding a .pit configuration...

Current Device: T-Mobile Note 3 (SM-N900T)

Past Devices:

Sprint Note 2 (L900) - Hanging on to
Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold
T-Mobile G2X (P-999) - Sold
T-Mobile Mytouch4G - Sold
T-Mobile G1 (Dream) - Sold

garwynn
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7400

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Can you get into odin download mode by holding volume down and power? If so im 99.9% sure its an easy fix. Or you can try your luck finding a .pit configuration...

I have the PIT file somewhere.... just need to find it.
*Edit* Attached. Use this and MC2 and you should be all set.
Attached Files
File Type: zip t0lte.zip - [Click for QR Code] (994 Bytes, 274 views)
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Guy_with_an_Axe
Old
(Last edited by Guy_with_an_Axe; 18th October 2013 at 09:27 PM.) Reason: Added response
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn View Post
Thank you so much, I was hesitant to PM you directly and thought someone else might have the proper .PIT file...

Did you just create it yourself using Pit Magic or how did you get that .PIT configuration? If you don't mind me asking.

Quote:

I was looking for a .PIT configuration file because my ROM (EMMC) was corrupted, from my experience Odin only works with regular Custom OS .tar installs if you only have a working ROM (EMMC). I had to repartition my phone first... And I did look lol, I couldn't find a working .PIT file for my phone sadly and on top of that I tried to create my own but failed it hard. I guess it was a great learning experience because sprint looked at my phone and just said that they would replace my old one, and since I've had it for about a year they just let me keep the old one

garwynn
Old
Thanks Meter 7400

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy_with_an_Axe View Post
Thank you so much, I was hesitant to PM you directly and thought someone else might have the proper .PIT file...

Did you just create it yourself using Pit Magic or how did you get that .PIT configuration? If you don't mind me asking.

I was looking for a .PIT configuration file because my ROM (EMMC) was corrupted, from my experience Odin only works with regular Custom OS .tar installs if you only have a working ROM (EMMC). I had to repartition my phone first... And I did look lol, I couldn't find a working .PIT file for my phone sadly and on top of that I tried to create my own but failed it hard. I guess it was a great learning experience because sprint looked at my phone and just said that they would replace my old one, and since I've had it for about a year they just let me keep the old one
This one I got from a Heimdall pull.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)

Guy_with_an_Axe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
This one I got from a Heimdall pull.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Thanks again, I think I'll do that from now on lol

tommyjoesanders
Old
Thanks Meter 409

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
So if I have MC2 firmware and use your MC2 pit file this repartition the phone and restore firmware. so what do i click on in odin too run both files. Thanks

garwynn
Old
Thanks Meter 7400

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
So if I have MC2 firmware and use your MC2 pit file this repartition the phone and restore firmware. so what do i click on in odin too run both files. Thanks
Pit goes in pit slot, tar in pda.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk