Pit Configuration

OP Guy_with_an_Axe

8th October 2013, 08:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Orange County
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Long story short, directly after installing Swap Internal Sdcard to External Sdcard my phone rebooted into recovery mode saying that it could not mount /Data & /Cache. This was on Cyanogenmod 10.2 (latest nightly) and I was an idiot and tried to start over and failed at repartitioning my ROM. Does anyone have a ROM configuration directory tree for a PIT configuration so I can recovery my phone?

Model is: SPH-l900
Recovery: TWRP

This is my last resort D:

======Update======== 10/09/2013

I've done a lot of research, pretty much summed up my options. Since I do not have a PIT configuration for my SPH-l900 I can either buy a hardware / software combo to repair my phone, throw my phone away, or risk taking it to a sprint store.

Also what device would I use to repair my phone? JTAG / RIFFTag? or ???

And also no one can make a PIT file for the SPH-L900 (16GB) ?

I have
Last edited by Guy_with_an_Axe; 9th October 2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: More direct information relating to my question.
17th October 2013, 04:59 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bakersucks
Thanks Meter: 649

2,251 posts
More
Just odin back to a stock rooted LJC rom and it will automagically repartition your phone back the way it needs to be.

Sent from my note 2 ya bish!
18th October 2013, 05:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Orange County

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d12unk13astard

Just odin back to a stock rooted LJC rom and it will automagically repartition your phone back the way it needs to be.

Last I researched and tried you cannot just Odin back without a .PIT configuration file with a corrupted ROM (EMMC). Does anyone have a .PIT configuration file for the SPH-L900?
18th October 2013, 06:53 AM   |  #4  
Flag Bakersucks
Thanks Meter: 649

2,251 posts
More
Can you get into odin download mode by holding volume down and power? If so im 99.9% sure its an easy fix. Or you can try your luck finding a .pit configuration...

18th October 2013, 06:07 PM   |  #5  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-town
Thanks Meter: 7,794

4,780 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Can you get into odin download mode by holding volume down and power? If so im 99.9% sure its an easy fix. Or you can try your luck finding a .pit configuration...

I have the PIT file somewhere.... just need to find it.
*Edit* Attached. Use this and MC2 and you should be all set.
Attached Files
File Type: zip t0lte.zip - [Click for QR Code] (994 Bytes, 389 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2013, 10:17 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Orange County

5 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn

Thank you so much, I was hesitant to PM you directly and thought someone else might have the proper .PIT file...

Did you just create it yourself using Pit Magic or how did you get that .PIT configuration? If you don't mind me asking.

Quote:

I was looking for a .PIT configuration file because my ROM (EMMC) was corrupted, from my experience Odin only works with regular Custom OS .tar installs if you only have a working ROM (EMMC). I had to repartition my phone first... And I did look lol, I couldn't find a working .PIT file for my phone sadly and on top of that I tried to create my own but failed it hard. I guess it was a great learning experience because sprint looked at my phone and just said that they would replace my old one, and since I've had it for about a year they just let me keep the old one
Last edited by Guy_with_an_Axe; 18th October 2013 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Added response
18th October 2013, 10:33 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chi-town

4,780 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy_with_an_Axe

Thank you so much, I was hesitant to PM you directly and thought someone else might have the proper .PIT file...

Did you just create it yourself using Pit Magic or how did you get that .PIT configuration? If you don't mind me asking.

I was looking for a .PIT configuration file because my ROM (EMMC) was corrupted, from my experience Odin only works with regular Custom OS .tar installs if you only have a working ROM (EMMC). I had to repartition my phone first... And I did look lol, I couldn't find a working .PIT file for my phone sadly and on top of that I tried to create my own but failed it hard. I guess it was a great learning experience because sprint looked at my phone and just said that they would replace my old one, and since I've had it for about a year they just let me keep the old one

This one I got from a Heimdall pull.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
18th October 2013, 10:48 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Orange County

5 posts
More
Quote:

This one I got from a Heimdall pull.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Thanks again, I think I'll do that from now on lol
15th January 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 446

279 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So if I have MC2 firmware and use your MC2 pit file this repartition the phone and restore firmware. so what do i click on in odin too run both files. Thanks
19th January 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #10  
Flag Chi-town

4,780 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders

So if I have MC2 firmware and use your MC2 pit file this repartition the phone and restore firmware. so what do i click on in odin too run both files. Thanks

Pit goes in pit slot, tar in pda.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread