FORUMS

Hardware ID Missing after rooting......

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By glen4cindy, Member on 14th November 2012, 02:55 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello.

I used the Toolkit to root my Note 2, and I had to use option 4 on the rooting menu, Install Custom Recovery, Install via Recovery to get it to work. I tried several times via the Odin tool and Twrp recovery, and the phone kept booting into Android Recovery instead of Twrp recovery.

I finally used Odin to flash back to stock ROM that I got here, but, along the way, even though the Toolkit was able to connect to my Note 2, I get the Hardware ID missing, and I cannot connect to it any longer like I could after I installed the initial drivers.

Anything I can do and stay rooted?
The Following User Says Thank You to glen4cindy For This Useful Post: [ View ]

14th November 2012, 06:42 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Change usb ports or restart your device. Mine did it last night and I fixed it by doing both..
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisc627 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2012, 04:03 PM |#3  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have the same problem.
Changing ports and restarting in most cases didn't help and only in few cases I managed to access files on the phone via USB.

Any other suggestion how to solve this?
The Following User Says Thank You to dstenc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2012, 04:43 PM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 192

More
don't use windows..
18th November 2012, 02:45 AM |#5  
Flag Henderson, KY
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Ditto
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstenc

I have the same problem.
Changing ports and restarting in most cases didn't help and only in few cases I managed to access files on the phone via USB.

Any other suggestion how to solve this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen4cindy

Hello.

I used the Toolkit to root my Note 2, and I had to use option 4 on the rooting menu, Install Custom Recovery, Install via Recovery to get it to work. I tried several times via the Odin tool and Twrp recovery, and the phone kept booting into Android Recovery instead of Twrp recovery.

I finally used Odin to flash back to stock ROM that I got here, but, along the way, even though the Toolkit was able to connect to my Note 2, I get the Hardware ID missing, and I cannot connect to it any longer like I could after I installed the initial drivers.

Anything I can do and stay rooted?

I was able to gain root back using the toolkit. I flashed stock rom image I believe the ROM from the factory then flashed back stock recovery. Went back in after I updated and re-rooted to flash the triangle away. Now I need to unroot and after speaking with Sprint Rep on phone and trying a few things they advised me to take it to store to let them try it. I believe ALL of my problems started when I tried to use Mobile Odin Pro to flash the latest update to LJC (should I have been on stock recovery?). It started to flash then stopped and went into CWM recovery which is the recovery that the toolkit flashed. I for some strange reason was going to flash the update from there except I didn't have it in the right place on my sd card (couldn't access it GOD I'm a Dumbass!). God help me cause I'm too stupid to even understand what side loading is let alone how to do it. If some kind soul would take pity on me and pm me I could get a handle on the differences between HTC and Samsung. Anyway need to unroot now. Oh I keep seeing in the flash counter saying 1 but I'm on stock rom with stock kernel and stock recovery how do I get it to zero. Using triangle away. Anyway to check counter with stock recovery?

OH yeah does anyone keep getting "Internal Error Code 1500" in addition to the hardware id is missing?

Thanks to everyone that takes time to help idiots like me. I promise I CAN learn.

Charles
Last edited by ceabbott2; 18th November 2012 at 02:56 AM. Reason: additional info
18th November 2012, 04:47 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag St. Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc627

Change usb ports or restart your device. Mine did it last night and I fixed it by doing both..

Thank you...Unlike user: dstenc, the above procedure fixed my issue. As has been the case many times, XDA helpful users to the rescue!

19th November 2012, 12:17 AM |#7  
Flag Zagreb

More
Just to report that for now I've found woraround. I've installed old drivers 1.4.103.0 and now both Kies and file access works.
Still looking for final solution with latest drivers.
19th November 2012, 01:46 AM |#8  
Flag Henderson, KY

More
Could you walk me through your fix?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstenc

Just to report that for now I've found woraround. I've installed old drivers 1.4.103.0 and now both Kies and file access works.
Still looking for final solution with latest drivers.

Hi dstenc,

Would you be so kind as too help me do what you did? I don't have kies on my pc, did you get the old drivers from the s3 forum? I would love to give it a shot.

Thanks for any help

Charles
19th November 2012, 06:51 AM |#9  
Flag Henderson, KY

More
Could you walk me through your fix?
Mods please delete double post sorry
Last edited by ceabbott2; 20th November 2012 at 02:44 AM.
21st November 2012, 11:25 PM |#10  
Flag Zagreb

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceabbott2

Hi dstenc,

Would you be so kind as too help me do what you did? I don't have kies on my pc, did you get the old drivers from the s3 forum? I would love to give it a shot.

Thanks for any help

Charles

I don't remember link. I googled so you might try that way.
Just FYI, even with older drivers I have sporadic Hardware ID Missing error, but far too less than with the latest version.
2nd December 2012, 08:19 PM |#11  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 71

More
I'm posting this to keep it to the top of this board.
This is my second Note 2 in 2 weeks. I returned the first one because it stated Hardware ID missing, so within my first 2 weeks Sprint gave me a new one thinking that it was my phone. While at the Sprint store, and not yet rooted, we installed the unit and removed the unit 15 times to see if we could get it to have the Missing Hardware ID to pop up, it DIDN'T pop up once, so I thought I was good to go.
I came home and did the common root method that uses Galaxy Note 2 Toolbox. I IMMEDIATELY started getting the Missing Hardware ID again.
So now that we have it localized, what could be missing or creating a problem from the root procedure from the Galaxy Note Toolbox 2???
What I find really strange is that many are not experiencing this problem or they are just living with it.
I even tried the USB Switcher that appeared to install and does switch between Mass Storage and MTP, but although my PC makes the upward noise that sounds like it is installing and recognizing the USB Mass Storage, it doesn't end up recognizing it. It was ZATTA's build but he said it didn't work for his Galaxy 3 or Note 2 either.
Will anyone find a cure????
This will be no fun to have to deal with for the next 2 years.

Chime in PLEASE!!!!!! Even if it's only to insult me, I don't care if you have a cure.

Regards
Dave

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread