Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,065 Members 40,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How many HK owners are having data/voice issues?

Tip us?

munsterrr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103
Default [Q] How many HK owners are having data/voice issues?

A simple "yes" or "no" and where you are located should suffice.

Spent a total of 5 hours with Sprint between the phone and corporate stores since the first day this came out and today I was finally told the truth that all Sprint HK M8 owners are facing data issues.

To be specific(D.C. is a spark area) Every 15 minutes or so, my data/voice will drop regardless of what I am doing and pick back up anywhere between 1x and lte/spark 3-4 minutes later like clock work.

The lady at the corporate store let me see how my phone was in the red(see last pic). I went back to stock unrooted. Downloaded the .15 update. Updated profiles, PRLs, ##72786# data resets constantly and this problem still exists. The best that any representative could do is credit me $30 for my troubles(bull ****). Tried to get a replacement handset and they told me no. No one has given me any sort of "this will be fixed soon". Its always "well.....profile/prl/data updates cant fix this so a technician will look at your local tower"

I'm trying to get a rough estimate as to how many people are having the same problems

Here are pics for reference. This all happened with in 2 hours and continues to happen
http://imgur.com/a/5GeWu

Don't be surprised if you see this on other forums. Kind of going every where to see how many are having issues.
Can I get a hot dog water on the rocks?

mjs2011
Old
Thanks Meter 1679
It's your phone. You need a replacement. I had the same issues, went into a store. They replaced my phone. No more issues.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

munsterrr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011 View Post
It's your phone. You need a replacement. I had the same issues, went into a store. They replaced my phone. No more issues.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
That was my problem. They said they wouldnt swap phones because its not the phone's fault.

bmoreboy02
Old
Thanks Meter 301
Im having the same issues but only when connected to my airrave.

atb245
Old
Thanks Meter 0
No,
I did encounter issues when I first got my phone......... but did a system update the first day and all issues seem to be fixed ..this update does note that it corrects this type of problem .. on my phone anyway

mjs2011
Old
Thanks Meter 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by munsterrr View Post
That was my problem. They said they wouldnt swap phones because its not the phone's fault.
Might want to have them check the SIM Card Reader. When I brought mine in after having the phone for a week, they told me that the issue were a result of the reader being busted. They replaced my phone right away with no issues since I only had it for a week. From what I hear is that the longer you've had the phone, the less likely Sprint will replace it though.

munsterrr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103
I'm heading over to the store again today to have them actually look at it.

munsterrr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103
They finally acknowledged that it is a handset problem. After looking at the service trends again I was red in voice and device was grey(don't know what that means). Crossing fingers that this fixes the issue but also Hoping that this isn't the only solution as it sounds costly

dincdoes.me
Old
Thanks Meter 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by munsterrr View Post
They finally acknowledged that it is a handset problem. After looking at the service trends again I was red in voice and device was grey(don't know what that means). Crossing fingers that this fixes the issue but also Hoping that this isn't the only solution as it sounds costly
Grey means not enough data collected yet to determine anything.

I'm having bad issues as well as everyone else I personally sold HK and Non HK M8 too something is not right.. I'm to scared to order myself a replacement and not be able to achieve S-Off on it.. But I could buy the 25 dollar app to get it. Anyway Ive asked about these issues no response worth talking about. Hope to solve this soon guys...
Phones
HTC Inspire 4G
Rom - MIUI ICS
Kernel Tiamat!
2nd Phone
GALAXY NOTE
Rom - Still Looking
b00sted Custom Themes

Like His Work. Consider donating.

cor4twenty
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Just got an HKE no problems here. I actually get better signal and speeds than on my Note 3. No Spark just LTE

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app