Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 52,411 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Completely remove an app and leave no trace?

Tip us?

SIMPLEFBB
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Arrow [Q] Completely remove an app and leave no trace?

Hi folks! Well, I just thought I should stop by and ask cause I can't find anywhere else an answer to my problem.. Here it is:

I have an app that when someone downloads it from the Play Store, recognizes the phone and connects to a server (Internet is needed) so every time I open it I have all my data and my "app activity" shown there. So, here's the thing: I want to sell the phone to a friend of mine, but I don't want (neither does he) to reset to factory because he wants a large amount of the apps I have already intalled and it is part of the price.

So, I ask you: Is there a way to completely remove-uninstall an app and ALL of its data so that there is no way for the app to have MY data displayed (no trace left), and basically the app is "reseted' to factory, so that my friend can use from scratch?

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to SIMPLEFBB For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Note_2
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Under application manager select the app you want to "reset" and hit clear cache.

JediX13

SIMPLEFBB
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hey! Thanks for the answer, but I have already tried this and it doesn't work, nor does the deletion of data files of the app in the data\data\[app folder]... Does someone else knows something else I could do?

tt281gt
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPLEFBB View Post
Hi folks! Well, I just thought I should stop by and ask cause I can't find anywhere else an answer to my problem.. Here it is:

I have an app that when someone downloads it from the Play Store, recognizes the phone and connects to a server (Internet is needed) so every time I open it I have all my data and my "app activity" shown there. So, here's the thing: I want to sell the phone to a friend of mine, but I don't want (neither does he) to reset to factory because he wants a large amount of the apps I have already intalled and it is part of the price.

So, I ask you: Is there a way to completely remove-uninstall an app and ALL of its data so that there is no way for the app to have MY data displayed (no trace left), and basically the app is "reseted' to factory, so that my friend can use from scratch?

Thanks!
Accidentally thanked you...

I have been trying to do something similar. There is a game I downloaded (scarface) and played. I tried clearing cache, uninstalling, even formating internal memory through recovery + flashing a new ROM but when I install the game again my previous game info/data is still there !!! Fuuuuuu :nomegusta:

In your case you can try an app like mybackup or romtoolbox to backup apks to SD. Factory reset/flash new rom. Then use same app to install all the apps back minus data.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Android History:
HTC Evo 4g
Samsung Galaxy S2 [E4GT]

CURRENT:
Samsung Note 3

viktex1d
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Angry Reply

I think Titanium backup provides the perfect solution for you. You just have to open the particular application and Select Wipe Data.... It just deletes the data that YOU HAVE SAVED AFTER INSTALLATION OF THE APPLICATION OR GAME.... Hope I Helped....

SIMPLEFBB
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by viktex1d View Post
I think Titanium backup provides the perfect solution for you. You just have to open the particular application and Select Wipe Data.... It just deletes the data that YOU HAVE SAVED AFTER INSTALLATION OF THE APPLICATION OR GAME.... Hope I Helped....
OK I'll try that, thanks!

madhu4madhu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hi friend, did u try titanium backup method?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPLEFBB View Post
OK I'll try that, thanks!
I am also checking different forums to find a solution to this type of problem.If you have noticed any one of the same , plz let me know.

Tags
android, app, internet, remove, uninstall