Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 50,959 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE]Karbonn A5,A7,Walton Primo IMEI writting & No Sim Problem Fixing

Tip us?

Rifat.ahmed08
Old
(Last edited by Rifat.ahmed08; 31st January 2014 at 09:55 PM.) Reason: colour problem of text
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Database [GUIDE]Karbonn A5,A7,Walton Primo IMEI writting & No Sim Problem Fixing

All right everyone here I will give u the method of writing IMEI & No Sim Detection problem of Karbonn A5/W619/Walton Primo & Karbonn A7/S01..

Many of the User of A5 are having problem with the IMEI & Mobile network lost and no sim is detecting while upgrading or downgrading Baseband.
As I have been searching for solution about a month and there is no specific solution regarding this problem..Through some ideas from different sites & developer and experimenting with my own device I have managed to write back both IMEI & enabled mobile network.
Note: For A7 user Please download AP of your device not this one.

Software & Other Requirement:

1.Stock AP of Karbonn A5/W619/Walton Primo (Original Stock GB Rom).

Link : http://jabadbd24.blogspot.com/2013/0...ade-to-gb.html

2.Baseband- V3025 & V3070 both.

3.Fastboot 1.0.2.4 (for downloading AP+BP to device).

4.Drivers.

5.QPST Modem Tool V1.1 (for writing IMEI).

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/c9...ols%20V1.1.rar

6.QPST 2.7 (for restoring network).

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/kn...ST_2.7_378.zip

*********************************** FB ID= facebook.com/dj.rifat************************************************** ***

Procedure:

A. (BP+AP) Download:
1.If u have upgraded your device to ICS then u have to Downgrade to GingerBread. First goto recovery mode(CWM/TWRP).Goto mount and select all and wipe data,system,boot,cache,android secure,SD-ext.Then Power off the device.
2.Then Update BP.First with V3025 (591347_8376_WCDMA_V3025) & then with V3070 (591347_8376_WCDMA_V3070).
[note: before updating V3070 baseband,Copy and replace 'appsboot.mbn' & 'appsboothd.mbn' this two files from the AP folder to V3070 folder in ur PC.]

3.Then update Gingerbread AP in Fastboot mode (green screen on device).
4.Turn on mobile while it is connected with the PC.PC will detect new hardware.One from them u installed before while BP Download..
5.Goto Device Manager of PC.U will find three new hardware.Install driver for them.As Shown below:

[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]B. Write IMEI[/COLOR]

1)Unzip “Qualcomm_Modem_Tools_V1.1.rar”, open Qualcomm_Modem_Tools.exe, (Turn on ADB Debugging from Application>Development>ADB Debugging from ur mobile)
interface as blew:

(2) Select port. Port should be same as modem port.

(3) Write IMEI. Input new IMEI, click “write”.

(4) Complete writing IMEI.

(5) Then click read, confirm the new IMEI is successful written

C.Fixing NO sim problem and Network.

Now Install ''QPST 2.7.398.exe'' on PC.

(1) Open “QPST Software Download”(Start>Programs>QPST Software Download) and click Restore, interface as below:

(2) Power on handset, connect usb cable and select port by pressing browse as shown below.

(3) Now press the 2nd browse button and navigate to the folder of V3070 Baseband folder ( '591347_8376_WCDMA_V3070' this folder) and select ''591347_8376_WCDMA_V3070.qcn'' file. Now press START ,if you have done everything correctly it will go good.

(4)Restart your mobile.Now goto to Backup Tab and type a name in QCN file column according to ur choice for better understanding which qcn file is the working backup and select location where you wanna save it and press start.This qcn file is important because if u lost ur IMEI sometimes during upgrade or downgrade restoring this file will
recover ur IMEI & network.

This way I have solved my problem.I apologize As I am not a expert in this field if any mistake done by me.
If you don't understand any steps or having problem please let me know will try my best to help you.
You can also find me in facebook/dj.rifat if need help.
Thanks.
Hit like If I have helped you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AP copy file.jpg
Views:	1226
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	2547697   Click image for larger version

Name:	driver inst.jpg
Views:	1180
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	2547698   Click image for larger version

Name:	imei write success.jpg
Views:	1171
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	2547699   Click image for larger version

Name:	modem driver.jpg
Views:	1174
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	2547700   Click image for larger version

Name:	modem tool.jpg
Views:	1172
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	2547713  

Click image for larger version

Name:	port.jpg
Views:	1159
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	2547714   Click image for larger version

Name:	restore Complete.jpg
Views:	1159
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	2547715   Click image for larger version

Name:	restore.jpg
Views:	1167
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	2547719   Click image for larger version

Name:	write IMEI.jpg
Views:	1166
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	2547720   Click image for larger version

Name:	read imei.jpg
Views:	1162
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	2547728  

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rifat.ahmed08 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ankush38u
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Gr8 work bro.. i appritiate your work..!
The Following User Says Thank You to ankush38u For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vktisnow
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat.ahmed08 View Post
All right everyone here I will give u the method of writing IMEI & No Sim Detection problem of Karbonn A5/W619/Walton Primo & Karbonn A7/S01..

Many of the User of A5 are having problem with the IMEI & Mobile network lost and no sim is detecting while upgrading or downgrading Baseband.
As I have been searching for solution about a month and there is no specific solution regarding this problem..Through some ideas from different sites & developer and experimenting with my own device I have managed to write back both IMEI & enabled mobile network.
Note: For A7 user Please download AP of your device not this one.

Software & Other Requirement:

1.Stock AP of Karbonn A5/W619/Walton Primo (Original Stock GB Rom).

Link : http://jabadbd24.blogspot.com/2013/0...ade-to-gb.html

2.Baseband- V3025 & V3070 both.

3.Fastboot 1.0.2.4 (for downloading AP+BP to device).

4.Drivers.

5.QPST Modem Tool V1.1 (for writing IMEI).

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/c9...ols%20V1.1.rar

6.QPST 2.7 (for restoring network).

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/kn...ST_2.7_378.zip

*********************************** FB ID= facebook.com/dj.rifat************************************************** ***

Procedure:

A. (BP+AP) Download:
1.If u have upgraded your device to ICS then u have to Downgrade to GingerBread. First goto recovery mode(CWM/TWRP).Goto mount and select all and wipe data,system,boot,cache,android secure,SD-ext.Then Power off the device.
2.Then Update BP.First with V3025 (591347_8376_WCDMA_V3025) & then with V3070 (591347_8376_WCDMA_V3070).
[note: before updating V3070 baseband,Copy and replace 'appsboot.mbn' & 'appsboothd.mbn' this two files from the AP folder to V3070 folder in ur PC.]

3.Then update Gingerbread AP in Fastboot mode (green screen on device).
4.Turn on mobile while it is connected with the PC.PC will detect new hardware.One from them u installed before while BP Download..
5.Goto Device Manager of PC.U will find three new hardware.Install driver for them.As Shown below:

[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]B. Write IMEI[/COLOR]

1)Unzip “Qualcomm_Modem_Tools_V1.1.rar”, open Qualcomm_Modem_Tools.exe, (Turn on ADB Debugging from Application>Development>ADB Debugging from ur mobile)
interface as blew:

(2) Select port. Port should be same as modem port.

(3) Write IMEI. Input new IMEI, click “write”.

(4) Complete writing IMEI.

(5) Then click read, confirm the new IMEI is successful written

C.Fixing NO sim problem and Network.

Now Install ''QPST 2.7.398.exe'' on PC.

(1) Open “QPST Software Download”(Start>Programs>QPST Software Download) and click Restore, interface as below:

(2) Power on handset, connect usb cable and select port by pressing browse as shown below.

(3) Now press the 2nd browse button and navigate to the folder of V3070 Baseband folder ( '591347_8376_WCDMA_V3070' this folder) and select ''591347_8376_WCDMA_V3070.qcn'' file. Now press START ,if you have done everything correctly it will go good.

(4)Restart your mobile.Now goto to Backup Tab and type a name in QCN file column according to ur choice for better understanding which qcn file is the working backup and select location where you wanna save it and press start.This qcn file is important because if u lost ur IMEI sometimes during upgrade or downgrade restoring this file will
recover ur IMEI & network.

This way I have solved my problem.I apologize As I am not a expert in this field if any mistake done by me.
If you don't understand any steps or having problem please let me know will try my best to help you.
You can also find me in facebook/dj.rifat if need help.
Thanks.
Hit like If I have helped you.
Thank you very much. can u please tell about karbonn a7 plus stock AP where to find. i m having this mobile and facing the same problem.

stukov.0613
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Red face Thank you so much!!!

I made an account just to say thank for this GUIDE. I was looking and waiting for a year for this GUIDE. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

chulucninh09
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talking #Respect

Just register an account to post reply. Great work bro, help me pick my phone up from hell

vktisnow
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vktisnow View Post
Thank you very much. can u please tell about karbonn a7 plus stock AP where to find. i m having this mobile and facing the same problem.

got my problem solved. thanks a lot for this awesome guide