Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[Q] D802 : sound mute /unmute without action

OP sksbir

15th May 2014, 07:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 4

31 posts
More
hello
my wife is using a D802 , stock Rom with lasts OTA updates. ( the last one solved some speaker problem ).

- while using skype, phone switch in mute mode after a few minutes. she have to unmute it again and again.
- switching phone in mute mode for the night ( with ou without skype connection ), phone unmute each day at 7H25. why this time ?, she never set something with this time.

This started to happen few days after the last OTA update, but maybe some applications where updated at same time too.

Have somebody a clue or a direction to search for ? I'm thinking about "sound profile", and "silent hours" but I don't find this options in setup, although phone is updated with kitkat
Last edited by sksbir; 19th May 2014 at 08:12 AM. Reason: finally not Solved
15th May 2014, 08:28 AM   |  #2  
Flag Norway
Thanks Meter: 52

239 posts
Donate to Me
More
It's a function called quiet mode, check to see if it's active. It should be in the top toggle menu as well.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th May 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Lyon

31 posts
More
(not) Solved
Thank's for your answer. Quiet mode was involved, I don't know why because it was still disabled.
In fact, this problem was just one point, regarding the whole big one happening for people who upgraded OTA from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 with stock ROM.

Other symptoms encountered :
- wifi disabled at reboot
- wifi AND data icon activ together
- 3G/4G data consumption during wifi connection at home
- phone always warm, and power drain
- interface was lagging

I performed a factory reset.

[edit 19/05/2014] Can u believe that ? : yesterday, factory reset and reinstallation. This morning at 6.50am, phone play a sound and goes out from silent mode
Looking at quiet hours : unchanged still factory reset, so it's disabled, and time/day selection is 22H00 --> 6H00 from monday to wednesday. I don't know where the setting "6.50am" is stored.

So I still haven't any clue about what brings phone out from silent mode.

list of reinstalled application:
- whatsapp ( with database restore )
- viber
- candycrush
- outlook
- fastnote
- swiftkey
- sms backup&restore
- avast
- cerberus
- es file explorer

contacts were stored in google account, but nothing else that I can control was restored from cloud.

Factory reset solved ( until now... ) other problems.
Last edited by sksbir; 19th May 2014 at 10:37 AM. Reason: not solved
26th July 2014, 12:17 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by sksbir

Thank's for your answer. Quiet mode was involved, I don't know why because it was still disabled.
In fact, this problem was just one point, regarding the whole big one happening for people who upgraded OTA from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 with stock ROM.

Other symptoms encountered :
- wifi disabled at reboot
- wifi AND data icon activ together
- 3G/4G data consumption during wifi connection at home
- phone always warm, and power drain
- interface was lagging

I performed a factory reset.

[edit 19/05/2014] Can u believe that ? : yesterday, factory reset and reinstallation. This morning at 6.50am, phone play a sound and goes out from silent mode
Looking at quiet hours : unchanged still factory reset, so it's disabled, and time/day selection is 22H00 --> 6H00 from monday to wednesday. I don't know where the setting "6.50am" is stored.

So I still haven't any clue about what brings phone out from silent mode.

list of reinstalled application:
- whatsapp ( with database restore )
- viber
- candycrush
- outlook
- fastnote
- swiftkey
- sms backup&restore
- avast
- cerberus
- es file explorer

contacts were stored in google account, but nothing else that I can control was restored from cloud.

Factory reset solved ( until now... ) other problems.

I have the same issue, I confirm that a factory reset doesn't solve the "automatic sound profile" thing, and that there is no link with the quiet mode (it happens even during the day). Did anyone find a solution? This is very annoying, especially at work.
8th August 2014, 11:30 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 16

547 posts
More
Did anyone solve this ?
23rd August 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #6  

78 posts
I've got the exact same problem. I switch my phone to Vibrate every night using an app called Ring Scheduler. Every morning I find the phone has switched to "normal" sound mode at some point during the night. This app worked perfectly on my Motorola. Very annoying indeed!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread