Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] How to flash ROMs, root without losing warranty ?

OP revnu

11th May 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

96 posts
HI

I just bought me the g pad 8.3 (updated to kitkat) and asking myself how far Im going with costum-ROMs, rooting etc.

From my Galaxy S2 I know, that costum ROMs are a good choice, but with that old smartphone I had no concerns about warranty.

With my G Pad I now asking myself if I only root, or if Im going to flash a costum ROM on it. I really need the xposed framework and some apps with root,......so perhaps xposed will be enough to add some mods.

Im just a little bit concerned about warranty issues so can someone plz tell me what I have to watch out for to not void it ?

In case I have to use warranty I could simple unroot and factory reset ? Or should I flash back orginalimage I backed up before ?

How is it if I use ROMs?,.......from my galaxy S2 I remember that you had to watch out to not increase the flashcounter, etc

Can someone plz kill be concerns by updating my knowledge about this.

thx 4 any help.

revnu
13th May 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

96 posts
I know the question sounds a bit general,....

...but it would really help me if someone can tell me a safe way, how I can first backup the stock image, so I can reflash, after rooting,etc, then turning back the device for warranty.

any tips are welcome

thx revnu
13th May 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Smile Warranty
Quote:
Originally Posted by revnu

I know the question sounds a bit general,....

...but it would really help me if someone can tell me a safe way, how I can first backup the stock image, so I can reflash, after rooting,etc, then turning back the device for warranty.

any tips are welcome

thx revnu

You can't root or flash ROMs without voiding warranty, but you can restore it with the LG software and then your warranty is back.
15th May 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #4  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 49

284 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTaurus

You can't root or flash ROMs without voiding warranty, but you can restore it with the LG software and then your warranty is back.

+1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
unroot warranty restore
Previous Thread Next Thread