Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,656 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyone know what text messages from 8737 are for ?

Tip us?

zilla1000
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Anyone know what text messages from 8737 are for ?

I am constantly receiving text message from 8737 with meaningless contain. It starts show up after I rooted my phone. This is an example of the message

//LL:1563:1322059716115:R1U:C:dkCO1rg3+3ZS8R8UQL+LqA ==:8NSXA9VKJUSS2IZSE6M07HD9ZIX9RBKU

Does anyone know what this is ? I would like to find out more before I restore the stock rom / call Sprint support.

Thanks

AestenD
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Do you have Go SMS installed? If so, it's that app. Not quite sure just WHY it does it, but nothing to worry about.

my1zamboni
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I had the same problem with Go SMS and being rooted.
There is a way to shut it off it is buried in the settings and something about I believe it was in receive settings and I unchecked "Disable other message notification" I believe that is what stopped it for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to my1zamboni For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tubasteve
Old
Thanks Meter 10
You got voice mail. It's stuff that is handled in the back ground by android...turned off block other sms pop up s. Got 8 vm. I've known it for a while almost forgot. The feature is lane in go sms cause it doesn't say point blank what happened.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

cordell12
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,410

DONATE TO ME
I get them now and then and I dont have Go SMS installed. I do have Handcent, but I think they are LOS related. Seems like after a LOS happens and I reboot is when I get them.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2980360_3.gif

NOTE: Search, Read, Produce a Logcat then report any Stock Slim Issues

<--- If you want to buy me a Coffee or Cold Beer, please use the "Donate To Me" Button under my Avatar, Thanks!

housry23
Old
Thanks Meter 775
It is not a GoSMS problem. I have gotten them on stock messaging app. I just block that # in GoSMS and problem solved. I'm sure Handcent has the same feature to block #'s.

cordell12
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,410

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by housry23 View Post
It is not a GoSMS problem. I have gotten them on stock messaging app. I just block that # in GoSMS and problem solved. I'm sure Handcent has the same feature to block #'s.
It does, I just wanted to point out its not a GoSMS thing only, or a 3rd party SMS app for that matter.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2980360_3.gif

NOTE: Search, Read, Produce a Logcat then report any Stock Slim Issues

<--- If you want to buy me a Coffee or Cold Beer, please use the "Donate To Me" Button under my Avatar, Thanks!

nunyabiziz
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordell12 View Post
It does, I just wanted to point out its not a GoSMS thing only, or a 3rd party SMS app for that matter.
Correct, think of it as the 3pty app's server pinging the app. It happens all the time, but if the app was working correctly we would never see these unknown text messages being received by the phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App
Mobile speed:

Home speed:

KCRic
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyabiziz View Post
Correct, think of it as the 3pty app's server pinging the app. It happens all the time, but if the app was working correctly we would never see these unknown text messages being received by the phone.

He said it's NOT a 3rd party messaging app issue. I know this to be a fact and wish people would stop claiming otherwise without knowing for sure. People without any 3rd party messaging app installed get these messages = Go SMS theory broken.

I'll have to agree Cordell12, I'm back to Rouges stock w/ CWM kernel and have yet to receive another one of these messages - also I haven't had a single LoS. When I used other kernels that suffered Los I would get these messages. Correlation? Seems to be.
MyTouch 3G (Yeah, I know...) Rooted w/ unlocked bootloader - Retired
G2 (Desire Z) Rooted w/ unlocked bootloader and carrier restriction - Retired
Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S II) - Retired
Nexus 4 16GB - Rooted w/ unlocked bootloader - Retired
T - Mobile Galaxy S 4 - Knox Free. Running Wicked v10 w/ Chronic kernel - Current

24kbps 1080p w/ 320kbps audio @ 48KHz camera mod by me. Also w/ How-to.

nunyabiziz
Old
Thanks Meter 56
I may be wrong but if this is the case I'm wondering why I have this issue on complete stock phone. I'm using handcent.

Mobile speed:

Home speed:

Tags
text