LG G2 GPU benchmarks

2nd November 2013, 04:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68

292 posts
I was wondering why the LG G2 scored lower in pretty much every single GPU benchmark compared to other phones with the Snapdragon 800? Is it something related to the GRAM?
The Following User Says Thank You to crzykiller For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2013, 04:51 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 9

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzykiller

I was wondering why the LG G2 scored lower in pretty much every single GPU benchmark compared to other phones with the Snapdragon 800? Is it something related to the GRAM?

I believe LG has made less memory available to the GPU than others, i.e. Sony. There maybe a mod at some point to change the balance, as this is probably a kernel thing.
7th November 2013, 04:12 AM   |  #3  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 133

409 posts
Donate to Me
More
since we are on the subject of kernels... if anyone cares to chime in... or point me to the right direction..

I did some experimenting today with stock and woots kernel..diff govs, temps, settings, etc..

The best speeds out of antutu I could get was 28500 with woots kernel... But yet I see everywhere with these phones getting 30-35000+...

What am I missing?

I ended up using interactive for my gov, bumped up the temps to 90/100 just to get 28000+

Using stock kernel and woots kernel using stock settings and on multiple roms I could never break 27500+ mostly got in the 22000 range.. I would also wait 15 minutes per benchmark to ensure my phone was cool...

Using carbon rom + woots kernel with interactive goc and temps bumped 90/100 can I only get 28000+...

kinda feeling bamboozeled! Did antutu put out an update that makes these achieve less benchmark numbers?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ars0n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th November 2013, 04:26 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

292 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars0n

since we are on the subject of kernels... if anyone cares to chime in... or point me to the right direction..

I did some experimenting today with stock and woots kernel..diff govs, temps, settings, etc..

The best speeds out of antutu I could get was 28500 with woots kernel... But yet I see everywhere with these phones getting 30-35000+...

What am I missing?

I ended up using interactive for my gov, bumped up the temps to 90/100 just to get 28000+

Using stock kernel and woots kernel using stock settings and on multiple roms I could never break 27500+ mostly got in the 22000 range.. I would also wait 15 minutes per benchmark to ensure my phone was cool...

Using carbon rom + woots kernel with interactive goc and temps bumped 90/100 can I only get 28000+...

kinda feeling bamboozeled! Did antutu put out an update that makes these achieve less benchmark numbers?

Huh are you running CM? if so that can be your problem... on my stock Telus G2 i get 35-36k antutu constantly. Any LG ROM gets me between 35-37k. With Woots kernel and stock frequencies for CPU and GPU (GPU overclock reduces benchmarks quite a lot) i still get between 35-37k for my phone

edit: just saw you are running carbon ROM... that is most likely the problem... I used another CM based ROM and could not go past 30k
7th November 2013, 04:30 AM   |  #5  
Flag Las Vegas

409 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Huh are you running CM? if so that can be your problem... on my stock Telus G2 i get 35-36k antutu constantly. Any LG ROM gets me between 35-37k. With Woots kernel and stock frequencies for CPU and GPU (GPU overclock reduces benchmarks quite a lot) i still get between 35-37k for my phone

edit: just saw you are running carbon ROM... that is most likely the problem... I used another CM based ROM and could not go past 30k

any stock lg roms you recommend, or do you mean flashing back to stock stock?

and thank you for the reply ! =D
The Following User Says Thank You to ars0n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th November 2013, 04:42 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

292 posts
Quote:

any stock lg roms you recommend, or do you mean flashing back to stock stock?

and thank you for the reply ! =D

I'm running my stock stock rom I've rooted it and removed a lot of bloatware. All other custom ROMs are similar IMHO. Same performance but with different themes and stuff.
7th November 2013, 04:52 AM   |  #7  
Flag Las Vegas

409 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm running my stock stock rom I've rooted it and removed a lot of bloatware. All other custom ROMs are similar IMHO. Same performance but with different themes and stuff.

welll shiiiiieeeeeet. Will have to try a couple stock roms out and see whats up.. thank you again =D saved me lotsa hair pulling =]
The Following User Says Thank You to ars0n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th November 2013, 05:13 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

292 posts
Quote:

welll shiiiiieeeeeet. Will have to try a couple stock roms out and see whats up.. thank you again =D saved me lotsa hair pulling =]

Haha no problem here's one of my scores i just got on Antutu
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-07-00-04-26[1].png
Views:	572
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	2376454  
7th November 2013, 11:00 PM   |  #9  
Flag Las Vegas

409 posts
Donate to Me
More
So my girlfriend just got a brand new g2 verizon, put antutu on it first thing, no roms, no updates, nodda.. got a 33,000 score. I just scored 30500 on my carbon rom with woots b2 verizon kernel intelliplug on, 90/100 temps, interactive gov, 1500 read ahead,

Seems like we are getting closer!!

---------- Post added 8th November 2013 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 7th November 2013 at 11:32 PM ----------

Was just reading up that antutu cant be trusted for the g2 for benchmarking.

Going to redo them with 3dmark on my gfs new stock phone and my rom'd phone and post up shortly..
7th November 2013, 11:18 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 195

750 posts
It just means stock is the best

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread