Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 51,351 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Atrix 4G MB860 SKT Version

Tip us?
 
D-r-e-a-m-e-r
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 24
Join Date: Jul 2010
Smile [Q] Atrix 4G MB860 SKT Version

Hi All,

First of all I would like to thank everyone at XDA who has invested their lives to make our phones look and work better day by day...

I am very confused right now and have been searching the whole internet for three weeks now but didn't got any solution as yet.

I have got a Motorola Atrix 4G from Korea that has the following information:

Model : MB860
S/W Version : 4.5.2A- SKT-167
Android Version : 2.3.5
Kernel Version : 2.6.32.9- 00004-gfbc 746e

My problem is that the stock rom currently installed is flooded with Korean language. I want to put a pure english stock rom into my Atrix that has all the stock options enabled. Which rom is suitable for this purpose and also as Korean SKT version doesn't have SBF files over the internet, therefore how can I restore to stock if things went into the wrong direction. BTW I have already rooted my phone.

While searching, found some files at "main.develoid.com:81/%40%20MOTOROLA/Atrix/" that I am not sure helpful for any thing or not.

Thanks in advance for all your help and support.
 
ticiano_arraes
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 200
Posts: 243
Join Date: Jun 2011
Ignore this and search for "how to know if my atrix is bell or ATT", then flash the proper sbf
 
D-r-e-a-m-e-r
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 24
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticiano_arraes View Post
Ignore this and search for "how to know if my atrix is bell or ATT", then flash the proper sbf
Thanks for ur reply but I am already aware of this fact that my Atrix is not from any of these two i.e. ATT or Bell. My phone is from Korea and is from SK Telecom South Korea. It is a MB860 with SKT software version.
 
ticiano_arraes
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 200
Posts: 243
Join Date: Jun 2011
The SKT is the version of the rom. There are only 2 atrix models: ATT and Bell. It doesnt matter where are you from, my Atrix is Bell and we dont even have it in Brazil...
 
arqda
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 87
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-r-e-a-m-e-r View Post
Hi All,

First of all I would like to thank everyone at XDA who has invested their lives to make our phones look and work better day by day...

I am very confused right now and have been searching the whole internet for three weeks now but didn't got any solution as yet.

I have got a Motorola Atrix 4G from Korea that has the following information:

Model : MB860
S/W Version : 4.5.2A- SKT-167
Android Version : 2.3.5
Kernel Version : 2.6.32.9- 00004-gfbc 746e

My problem is that the stock rom currently installed is flooded with Korean language. I want to put a pure english stock rom into my Atrix that has all the stock options enabled. Which rom is suitable for this purpose and also as Korean SKT version doesn't have SBF files over the internet, therefore how can I restore to stock if things went into the wrong direction. BTW I have already rooted my phone.

While searching, found some files at "main.develoid.com:81/%40%20MOTOROLA/Atrix/" that I am not sure helpful for any thing or not.

Thanks in advance for all your help and support.

unlock the bootloader, install CWM, upload the files to dropbox/mediafire, install any CM7 based roms
 
D-r-e-a-m-e-r
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 24
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticiano_arraes View Post
The SKT is the version of the rom. There are only 2 atrix models: ATT and Bell. It doesnt matter where are you from, my Atrix is Bell and we dont even have it in Brazil...
I have googled but haven't been able to find anything useful regarding ATT and Bell. Have found a new info as the FCC ID for ATT and Korean Atrix are different

ATT Atrix 4G FCC ID: IHDP56LS1

My Korean Atrix 4G FCC ID: IHDP56LS2

I am not sure as if this has something to do but I considered it worth sharing...
 
ticiano_arraes
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 200
Posts: 243
Join Date: Jun 2011
See this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1136261

I guess the proper sbf for your phone is where says
Quote:
Orange/Bell/Telestra/Latin America/International users ONLY - Download IHOP
 
upndwn4par
Old
#8  
upndwn4par's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9103
Posts: 3,289
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-r-e-a-m-e-r View Post
Hi All,

First of all I would like to thank everyone at XDA who has invested their lives to make our phones look and work better day by day...

I am very confused right now and have been searching the whole internet for three weeks now but didn't got any solution as yet.

I have got a Motorola Atrix 4G from Korea that has the following information:

Model : MB860
S/W Version : 4.5.2A- SKT-167
Android Version : 2.3.5
Kernel Version : 2.6.32.9- 00004-gfbc 746e

My problem is that the stock rom currently installed is flooded with Korean language. I want to put a pure english stock rom into my Atrix that has all the stock options enabled. Which rom is suitable for this purpose and also as Korean SKT version doesn't have SBF files over the internet, therefore how can I restore to stock if things went into the wrong direction. BTW I have already rooted my phone.

While searching, found some files at "main.develoid.com:81/%40%20MOTOROLA/Atrix/" that I am not sure helpful for any thing or not.

Thanks in advance for all your help and support.
Please remember that questions go in the Q&A section.

Contrary to what was posted earlier, there are three Atrix models (MB860, MB861, and ME860). But you seem to know which one you have already. Also, never flash an SBF unless you have no other choice.

Did you try going to Settings, Language & keyboard, Select locale and see if you can choose English? Might not work because I think that is the Korean GB235 software.

Is the device rooted with an unlocked bootloader? If so, you should be able to flash a AT&T stock fruit cake.
The Following User Says Thank You to upndwn4par For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
D-r-e-a-m-e-r
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 24
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndwn4par View Post
Please remember that questions go in the Q&A section.

Contrary to what was posted earlier, there are three Atrix models (MB860, MB861, and ME860). But you seem to know which one you have already. Also, never flash an SBF unless you have no other choice.

Did you try going to Settings, Language & keyboard, Select locale and see if you can choose English? Might not work because I think that is the Korean GB235 software.

Is the device rooted with an unlocked bootloader? If so, you should be able to flash a AT&T stock fruit cake.
Thanks for your reply. My apologies for posting into the wrong section.

Right now my phone is rooted but not unlocked yet. I wanted to be safe before I can actually modify it. Least I could have a restore point to return. Thats why asking the experts for an advice.

My only issue is not the language but most of english characters are shown wrong whenever I receive a SMS. Can only have caller ID for SMS (contact numbers with +) or for the call (removing the + sign from all contact numbers). Can only send SMS with 80 characters otherwise it is converted into a MMS.

Instead of solving all these issues one by one, I believe installing a stock english rom would solve my problem. The only problem is that I am not sure which ROM can I use and what can I do if I end up into a soft brick phone.

Thanks again for taking the time to look into my problem.
 
upndwn4par
Old
#10  
upndwn4par's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9103
Posts: 3,289
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-r-e-a-m-e-r View Post
Thanks for your reply. My apologies for posting into the wrong section.

Right now my phone is rooted but not unlocked yet. I wanted to be safe before I can actually modify it. Least I could have a restore point to return. Thats why asking the experts for an advice.

My only issue is not the language but most of english characters are shown wrong whenever I receive a SMS. Can only have caller ID for SMS (contact numbers with +) or for the call (removing the + sign from all contact numbers). Can only send SMS with 80 characters otherwise it is converted into a MMS.

Instead of solving all these issues one by one, I believe installing a stock english rom would solve my problem. The only problem is that I am not sure which ROM can I use and what can I do if I end up into a soft brick phone.

Thanks again for taking the time to look into my problem.
Text information will probably never display properly with the Korean OS. Probably a combination of language and carrier differences.

Flashing an English ROM will solve your problems. Be sure to follow instructions for unlocking the bootloader for the Korean Atrix in the dev section. You can install any custom ROM. You can also install a stock ROM, but may have to make changes to locale and APN settings - no biggie.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes