Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 43,594 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

prestigio pmp 5588 C duo (MultiPad 8.0 HD) root

Tip us?

testatura
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Tablet prestigio pmp 5588 C duo (MultiPad 8.0 HD) root

well, i hope this will pass cause I am a noob here..

As an owner of this pretty much cheap and quite alright device I had hard time finding proper root method but in the end it was found..
Mine was already on 4.2.1 and the rest is as usual 1,5ghz dual core, mali 400 graphics, and apparently cortex a7 not a9 as on the box.. but who cares, right!?

so i got to the file (its actually based on crystal_root method from xda but some smart guy somewhere just made it work for 4.2 generic tablet ) I apologize if this si mentioned somewhere else, and I couldn't reply to crystal root board cause i am a noob, but I am sure some people will find this useful, that's all.

ok...you can chat here with me untill i got those 10 posts to upload link, you can google "Aigo M80E - JB 4.2.1 - help with rooting (killing cell standby)" or you can be a good soul and my first mate here and paste link

Cheers!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to testatura For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MySelf.2001
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello,
I have the same model, and been looking for root.
Thanks.
MS!

psilos3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default prestigio 8.0 hd root (JB 4.2.1)

copy this file to sd card go to recovery and install
Attached Files
File Type: zip utoo-root-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (576.9 KB, 1023 views)

outlawman007
Old
(Last edited by outlawman007; 15th January 2014 at 07:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Default New firmware

New firmware available for our tablet:

PMP5588C_20140102_v1.0.42:
http://de05.dl.prestigio.com/Service...02_v1.0.42.zip

1. New preinstalled applications
2. User agent profile for Android browser updated
3. APN/SPN files updated
4. Skype issue fixed
5. Video player issue fixed
6. Chrome browser bugs fixed
7. Sound Recorder issue fixed
8. Wi-Fi bugs fixed
9. Gallery issue fixed
10. System stability and speed improved
11. Other minor issues fixed

david.prestigo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default verification

Hello friends, i have problem with verification of modified or created own firmware on my PMP5588c duo, during instaling of this update from recovery, boot loader delet this instalation and displayes " validating error" Is possible break this validation? modified or choose other bootloader? sorry for multiple question. thanks for help David

AzahTabor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Prestigio 5588c Rooting Issue

Hello to all.
I have a Prestigio 5588c and I had recently updated it to the latest firmware. I wanted to root this device, but it seems that the new update is not allowing the utoo-root-signed.zip to root it. It keeps failing. I was wondering if there is someone out there that is in the process of renewing the file so that it works on the most recent update from Prestigio.
Thank you in advance for your time and your great work regarding all things that are Android
Az

Zapryanov
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Root for PMP5588c_Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzahTabor View Post
Hello to all.
I have a Prestigio 5588c and I had recently updated it to the latest firmware. I wanted to root this device, but it seems that the new update is not allowing the utoo-root-signed.zip to root it. It keeps failing. I was wondering if there is someone out there that is in the process of renewing the file so that it works on the most recent update from Prestigio.
Thank you in advance for your time and your great work regarding all things that are Android
Az
Hello all,
I have the same PMP5588c_Duo device (4.2.1 stock Build PMP5588C.20131231.1.0.42) and managed to easily root it using Kingo root (kingoapp.com). It's a straighforward process:
  • download the app and install it on your PC
  • enable USB Debugging from the Developer options on the tablet
  • start the app on the PC
  • connect the table and PC with a microUSB cable
  • do not enable anything else on the tablet (like SD card access)
  • wait for Kingo to detect it
  • it will automatically download and install USB drivers to your PC and show a ROOT button
  • click the ROOT button, wait for 2-3 minutes, it could take up to 10min so be patient
  • the device will automatically reboot after the root has been applied
  • at which point disconnect the device
  • after the restart check for the SuperUser app, it will automatically install it

Have fun.
Z.

AzahTabor
Old
(Last edited by AzahTabor; 24th May 2014 at 03:33 PM.) Reason: update
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapryanov View Post
Hello all,
I have the same PMP5588c_Duo device (4.2.1 stock Build PMP5588C.20131231.1.0.42) and managed to easily root it using Kingo root (kingoapp.com). It's a straighforward process:
  • download the app and install it on your PC
  • enable USB Debugging from the Developer options on the tablet
  • start the app on the PC
  • connect the table and PC with a microUSB cable
  • do not enable anything else on the tablet (like SD card access)
  • wait for Kingo to detect it
  • it will automatically download and install USB drivers to your PC and show a ROOT button
  • click the ROOT button, wait for 2-3 minutes, it could take up to 10min so be patient
  • the device will automatically reboot after the root has been applied
  • at which point disconnect the device
  • after the restart check for the SuperUser app, it will automatically install it

Have fun.
Z.
hey Z.
thank you for the guidance.. testing it now so will update shortly.. although the program thought I had a samsung note lol

ok, this is an update.. seems the program did not want to root my tablet. when I started it again, it classed it as a google device, but said connection failed due to cable instability.. guess I will have to try another way

double update... after leaving it for a few days, it seems to have wanted to work.. woohoo. thanks Z for the info