Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,224 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Syncing Location History under "Accounts" - picture inside (battery drain?)

Tip us?

lanwarrior
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 131
Default Google Syncing Location History under "Accounts" - picture inside (battery drain?)

I am experiencing some battery drain and after some investigation, I went to Settings --> General --> Accounts --> Google and clicked under my Google username. It now shows the following:

By default, all of them are checked. I swear when I got my Note 3 a few months ago, these settings were not there.

I do NOT use Google Now and I have disabled location reporting under Google Settings app. So why are Google still "tracking" me and syncing my location?

I don't even know why Google need to sync the "Push" and "Google Play". Anyone know?
Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile
Stock ROM - rooted
Official Jelly Bean 4.3

Note 10.1 (2014)
Stock ROM - Not rooted since KNOX tripping
Official KitKat 4.4.2

Retired
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Galaxy Note 8.0
Nexus 7 (2012)
AT&T Galaxy Note
AT&T Galaxy S4 Active

lanwarrior
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 131
UPDATE: I unchecked those 3 "Sync" stuff and everytime I reboot, it came back. Anyway to disable this completely?
Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile
Stock ROM - rooted
Official Jelly Bean 4.3

Note 10.1 (2014)
Stock ROM - Not rooted since KNOX tripping
Official KitKat 4.4.2

Retired
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Galaxy Note 8.0
Nexus 7 (2012)
AT&T Galaxy Note
AT&T Galaxy S4 Active

kragar00
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanwarrior View Post
UPDATE: I unchecked those 3 "Sync" stuff and everytime I reboot, it came back. Anyway to disable this completely?
I'm having the same problem. I upgraded 2 weeks ago to KitKat (StockMOD ROM on Galaxy S3) and my battery was dying in 2-3 hours and the phone was running really hot. Just last night, I found that everything in the sync settings was checked. I unchecked half of them and my battery cooled off and battery life returned to normal.

But this morning I noticed it was running a little hot again (though not as bad) and my battery was at 35% by 11 AM. I saw that location reporting, push subscriptions, and people details were checked again. I unchecked them, rebooted, and they're checked again!