Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,984 Members 45,537 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wireless File Transfer Problem

Tip us?

Goondoo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Wireless File Transfer Problem

Just checking, anyone has problems using it?
My "home" option just disappeared and I couldn't set it up again. It keeps telling me it's already paired but since it disappeared, I couldn't unpair it...
I tried doing a factory reset and also a repair. Set it up, use one time, and it disappeared again after reboot.... Any anyone encountered same problem or found a solution?
Thanks!

Regards!

Goondoo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Transferring files using Media transfer mode via Wi-FiŽ

Case closed.
I managed to resolve the issue....
Thanks for reading.

LordHelmchen138
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goondoo View Post
Case closed.
I managed to resolve the issue....
Thanks for reading.
Woudl you be so kind as to post how you resolved it? It seems the same happened to me (Z1c). I suspect I mighthave brought this onto myslef with overly strict XPricacy settings, but I cannot seem to find what to allow to pair/unpair/show the laptop again...

Goondoo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmchen138 View Post
Woudl you be so kind as to post how you resolved it? It seems the same happened to me (Z1c). I suspect I mighthave brought this onto myslef with overly strict XPricacy settings, but I cannot seem to find what to allow to pair/unpair/show the laptop again...
Sure but the process is pretty long and complicated... You sure you want to attempt it?

Goondoo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
OK, jokes a side....
I was trying everything and noticed I could pair it to my second PC (a laptop). I suspected it is bonded to the "Computer Name"...
So all I did was I change the Computer name and it work!
The Following User Says Thank You to Goondoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LordHelmchen138
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Interesting workaround, but I would prefer not to change the computer's name, for the sake of other devices in the network.
Maybe someone can chime in with a more direct (on the phone, not the computer) solution.

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app