[app] IMEI Backup ★Samsung★
A complete IMEI Backup and Restore solution for Samsung devices.
SAMSUNG device + ROOT permission.
Make sure you own a SAMSUNG device and your device has been ROOTED before purchase.
This app will make a full backup for the EFS partition and all other IMEI-related partitions, e.g. MODEMST1, MODEMST2, M9KEFS1, M9KEFS2, M9KEFS3... (these partitions will vary from device to device)
It will perform cross-checks to make sure a good backup was made and ensure the backup is suitable for your device before restoring.
DURING BACKING UP PROCESS:
- Auto detect which partitions to back up
- Check if all needed partitions have been backed up
- Check if all partitions are backed up correctly by comparing the file size to the partition size
- Generate and save MD5 checksum for backup files
- Save all the system properties for restoring purpose, e.g. phone model, product name, OS version, partition structure, partition size...
DURING RESTORING PROCESS:
- Compare saved properties with the current system properties: phone model, product name, OS version...
- Compare partition structure and partition size to ensure that the backup is suitable for your device
- Compare the MD5 checksum for the backup files
The good item will be marked with [✔] and the bad/mismatched item will be marked with [✘].
HOW TO BACK UP:
• From the main screen, tap Backup button to make a backup.
• You will be asked for backup location, if more than one storage location on your device.
• You can enter a short description for the backup.
• The app will automatically detect all partitions need to back up.
• After backup it will compare the file size and generate the MD5 checksum.
• It also save important system properties.
• The backup files will be saved in the folder in the following format: IMEI_Backup_yyMMddHHmmss
HOW TO RESTORE:
• Select the desired backup in the list.
• It will show you all information: Details, Properties, Backup Files and Status.
• Details: Backup location, size, date created and description.
• Properties: Manufacturer, Model, Product name, OS version, partition structure and partition size.
• Backup Files: shows all backup files and their status. It will show the file size if the file is in good condition. Otherwise it will show 'file not found' or 'bad checksum' etc.
• Status: Overall status of the backup. 'Unsuitable' means some properties do not match with the current device, but you still can use it to restore. 'Unusable' means you cannot restore this backup. This happens when the partition structure or partition size mismatched, file not found or bad MD5 checksum.
• Tap Restore button to restore. You must type 'Yes, Restore!' to confirm.
• Reboot your device after complete restoring.
WARNING: Only restore when you really need it. Do not play around with this tool. Use at your own risk.
Forum Rule 11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
- Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar / substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
- Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software or commercial services, unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
- Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
- Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
- Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if both of the following conditions are met:
A) The site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership, who actively maintains an XDA-Developers support thread(s) / posts, related to the download.
B) The site is a relatively small, personal website without commercial advertising / links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)