Ask a question

No registration required

Exclamation [Q] Switching to "stable" Version

OP Raffey

15th May 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I recently installed the costum ROM "cm-11-20140514-NIGHTLY-endeavoru", which is a "nightly" cyanogenmod ROM.

Since I'm not happy with the bugs from that version, I want to know, how to switch to the "stable version "cm-10.2.1-endeavoru.zip "
(Link: https: //download. cyanogenmod. org/ ?device=endeavoru&type=stable ). I have the cwm recovery "recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.8-endeavoru".

Can I just easily bootload, then flash at this recovery (OR do I need another recovery, because this stable ROM is a bit older than the current nightly-version?) , then flash the boot.img of the stable-ROM and then the install stable ROM, without any trouble?

A quick reply would be appreciated!

Best Regards ~Raffey
Last edited by Raffey; 15th May 2014 at 03:10 PM.
15th May 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #2  
Flag Surat
Thanks Meter: 33

225 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffey

I recently installed the costum ROM "cm-11-20140514-NIGHTLY-endeavoru", which is a "nightly" cyanogenmod ROM.

Since I'm not happy with the bugs from that version, I want to know, how to switch to the "stable version "cm-10.2.1-endeavoru.zip "
(Link: https: //download. cyanogenmod. org/ ?device=endeavoru&type=stable ). I have the cwm recovery "recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.8-endeavoru".

Can I just easily bootload, then flash at this recovery (OR do I need another recovery, because this stable ROM is a bit older than the current nightly-version?) , then flash the boot.img of the stable-ROM and then the install stable ROM, without any trouble?

A quick reply would be appreciated!

Best Regards ~Raffey

no need to change recovery
just do full wipe(including system partition) in recovery
flash cm10.2.1-stable and gapps
flash boot.img(from zip file) in fastboot mode
reboot
The Following User Says Thank You to Poojan Patel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poojan Patel

no need to change recovery
just do full wipe(including system partition) in recovery
flash cm10.2.1-stable and gapps
flash boot.img(from zip file) in fastboot mode
reboot

Thanks for your quick reply!

And with e.g. Titanium Backup I can save my apps, right?
Also should I make a backup in the bootloader menu, or is there no need for that?

Greetings, Raffey!
15th May 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #4  
Flag Surat

225 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for your quick reply!

And with e.g. Titanium Backup I can save my apps, right?
Also should I make a backup in the bootloader menu, or is there no need for that?

Greetings, Raffey!

titanium backup is best for apps backup..
The Following User Says Thank You to Poojan Patel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poojan Patel

titanium backup is best for apps backup..

Okay, thanks!

And I should flash the cm10.2.1-stable and gapps FIRST and then fastboot flash the boot.img? Cause before I did it the other way round, if I remember correctly..

EDIT: should I also keep the gapps for the CM 11 version or download gapps for the CM 10.2 version? ( http: //wiki. cyanogenmod. org/w/Google_Apps )
Last edited by Raffey; 15th May 2014 at 04:22 PM.
15th May 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #6  
Flag Surat

225 posts
More
Quote:

Okay, thanks!

And I should flash the cm10.2.1-stable and gapps FIRST and then fastboot flash the boot.img? Cause before I did it the other way round, if I remember correctly..

EDIT: should I also keep the gapps for the CM 11 version or download gapps for the CM 10.2 version? ( http: //wiki. cyanogenmod. org/w/Google_Apps )

CM11 requires kitkat-gapps and CM10 requires JB-gapps...you cant use kk-gapps on cm10..
and you can flash boot.img after flashing rom and gapps..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread