[Q] Putting a ROM on a very strange Blade

Search This thread

Dawooga

May 15, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me with a very strange ZTE Blade.

First of all I'm not quite sure what kind of Blade this is. It is definitely a v807 (v889s?), but both "Blade Checker" and "PigFish" are drawing a blank and can't recognize it. Fastboot doesn't recognize it, it just gets stuck at "waiting for device." ADB connects just fine but without Fastboot I need the bootloader. The bootloader interface is in Chinese so I can't even try and do it manually. Also, ClockWorkMod ROM Manager says it is unsupported so I can't approach the problem from that angle either. I managed to coax the following info out of the bootloader:

BB chip: MT6577
MS Board: P177E01

I don't know if that is helpful.

My goals are:
1) find out what exactly this phone-beast is
2) find a translation (text, screenshots of an english version) for the bootloader
3) find a compatible recovery rom
4) find a compatible Android ROM (anything above 4 will do, but I'll settle for anything that isn't from ZTE)

I want to use the phone for development and testing, and the current ROM shuts down all background services when the screen is locked. Great. I'm hoping this is in SW and not HW, and that putting a custom ROM on the phone will solve this.

Any help anyone can give me would be a greatly appreciated.

Cheers

zardaman

May 6, 2013
Aizawl
Rooting: Vroot works
Clockworkmod: Use MTKDROID ROOT & TOOLS
Roms: head over to needrom.com and search for v889s/v807. there are a couple of stock and custom rom for our device. I have already tried the MIUI V5 and it looks great.

Sent from my ZTE BLADE C using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

msmsmsmsms

Sep 27, 2012
Need your help

OP: The device you are using is ZTE Blade C / ZTE V889s / ZTE V807

Folks, will you help me out with one thing: Would you retrieve Block map for this device (ZTE Blade C / V889s / V807). This can be done by Selecting Block map/ scatter option in MTKDroidTools. This map describes various partitions and their storage space on device. Here is the thread to my problem.

Also, please don't use Mt657xRepartition_EN.apk to increase app storage. You may soft-brick your device. If you already have used it successfully, please tell me how you achieved the same.

Thank you guys.