Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,565 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update 4.4.2 broke my Bluetooth connection for my Car

Tip us?

joseh92
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default Update 4.4.2 broke my Bluetooth connection for my Car

Ever since I updated to the latest update which is 4.4.2 as of now, my built in Bluetooth for my car keeps disconnecting and connecting to my phone.
I've tried various resets and reconfiguring the profiles and connecting the Bluetooth and still nothing. It always disconnects and connects nonstop every minute.

Before this it wouldn't do that. It would connect without a problem and stay connected with no issues.

Anyone know what the deal is? I've asked HTC but like always their customer service doesn't know crap about anything.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
My Phone: Sprint Blue Galaxy S3

Rom: AOKP(Jellybean) Task & Ktoonsez Run a Train (9/23)

Overclocked to 1.8 Ghz!

Best Phone i have ever owned, great battery life!

joseh92
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Also it's a 2013 Mercedes. I doubt the system is outdated.

Overclocked to 1.8 Ghz!

robbierockz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseh92 View Post
Ever since I updated to the latest update which is 4.4.2 as of now, my built in Bluetooth for my car keeps disconnecting and connecting to my phone.
I've tried various resets and reconfiguring the profiles and connecting the Bluetooth and still nothing. It always disconnects and connects nonstop every minute.

Before this it wouldn't do that. It would connect without a problem and stay connected with no issues.

Anyone know what the deal is? I've asked HTC but like always their customer service doesn't know crap about anything.

Just submit a technical support email via the HTC website. I've already sent one for an NFC issue not being able to send webpages and URLs to other devices. The more issues you report, the faster they can get to resolving them.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jskup
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Are you using completely stock? I know Bluetooth is one of those things that the custom ROMs have a bit more issues with, and I recall seeing that some of the kernels required updates for Bluetooth functionality.

joseh92
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Ive tried everything but rooting and going custom again. Don't think that will solve it. It doesn't stay connected and no calls can be made or received. I've seen it was an issue with nexus phones with the same update.

Overclocked to 1.8 Ghz!

jskup
Old
Thanks Meter 15
You've stated that you tried everything, but can you see if you can connect only as an audio device and not Handsfree or Messaging? While not ideal, it helps rule out some potential points of failure.

joseh92
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
It's always connected as hands-free.

Overclocked to 1.8 Ghz!

asawadude
Old
Thanks Meter 1
You're not alone. Since upgrading to 4.4.2 on a bone stock HTC One, I have had the same disconnect issues or better described, it constantly pairs and unpairs, and my contacts will now longer load, I have a 2012 BMW 328i with iDrive. I tried the latest firmware update for my iDrive, but the problems persist. A Google search shows scores of Nexus users who have upgraded to Kit Kat and have lost their bluetooth because of the exact same issues. However, I'm not seeing very many HTC One owners running 4.4.2 with Bluetooth connectivity issues under 4.4.2. I've counted only 5 thus far - you, me, and 3 others.

My wife's Galaxy Note 3 connects to my car with no issues, I've been looking , but have yet to found a solution.

Xerro-Five
Old
Thanks Meter 78
I briefly had a problem connecting to my car stereo after 4.4.2, but the problem was that it would no longer auto connect. I found out that in 4.4 now shutting of Bluetooth on my phone when not in use prevents it from auto connecting to the stereo when I turn it back on, so I just leave it on all the time and it works well.
All stock btw

For whatever it's worth...

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

joseh92
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Yeah I've tried everything but no dice, sent various tech problems to HTC. Let's hope they see it and send out a patch 6 months from now

Overclocked to 1.8 Ghz!