Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,344 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Changing location with tasker scene

Tip us?

VeryGenericUser
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Changing location with tasker scene

I would like to change the widget locality for a module using a tasker scene. The idea is to click on a hotspot in the zooper widget which starts a tasker scene. From there, I pick a location. This sets a zooper variable in tasker to the new location. Up to here there's no problem. But I don't see how I can use the zooper variable to change the locality of the widget. Is there a way to do it?

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1999

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryGenericUser View Post
I would like to change the widget locality for a module using a tasker scene. The idea is to click on a hotspot in the zooper widget which starts a tasker scene. From there, I pick a location. This sets a zooper variable in tasker to the new location. Up to here there's no problem. But I don't see how I can use the zooper variable to change the locality of the widget. Is there a way to do it?
No, Zooper currently doesn't support changing the location via external means

Please use the forums for your Zooper related questions. I won't respond to PMs with questions that can/should be asked there. Thank you.

MrBiggzz
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
@VeryGenericUser are you trying to get a map of your current location? Directions from where you are to home or someplace else?

VeryGenericUser
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBiggzz View Post
@VeryGenericUser are you trying to get a map of your current location? Directions from where you are to home or someplace else?
No. The idea was to change the location for the weather forecast. I wanted to have a Zooper weather widget for my current location by default, but still be able to manually change the location with two clicks right from my home screen, for example to set the locality to the place I'm about to travel to.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeryGenericUser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrBiggzz
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
OK. Why don't you make your Tasker scene to change the parameters of an HTTP GET to something like Yahoo weather. In your scene change the city or zip code and be able to enable or disable the profile.

In Zooper hide the travel weather if you don't have it and show it if you do.

I haven't had the chance to play with scenes yet. Scraping an RSS feed for weather I know how. Have to do a bunch of variable splits.

If you want I can create the RSS scrape and then you can do what you need to do.

Let me know!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to MrBiggzz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VeryGenericUser
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
@MrBiggzz

Thanks, that might be a way to do it, but it would be more elaborate. Maybe I'll get to it one day when I have more time.