Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 40,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL] Backup TA for Mac OS X [v1.2-4][2014-07-09]

Tip us?

limiter121
Old
(Last edited by limiter121; 9th July 2014 at 05:01 PM.) Reason: New version released.
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Info 2 [TOOL] Backup TA for Mac OS X [v1.2-4][2014-07-09]

Backup TA for Sony Xperia™ (Mac OS X version)

With this app you can backup and restore the TA partition of your device.

This can be useful, for example, when you want to unlock your bootloader and not lose your DRM keys and most importantly, your warranty. Before unlocking your bootloader, backup your TA with this app and you will be able to restore it to a factory state (locked bootloader, DRM keys intact, etc).

The app is based on TA Backup v9.10 by DevShaft (thanks !), which can be found here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 22.10.11.png
Views:	145
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	2573685

Downloads
Frequently asked questions
Source code
Issues
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to limiter121 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DevShaft
Old
(Last edited by DevShaft; 11th February 2014 at 08:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,153
Thanks a lot for bringing this to Mac OS X and make it open source as well! Will have a look at the source and your work at a later time.

stanley321
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Stuck on requesting root on the first try, successful in the second time.
Current Devices
Sony Xperia V, ASUS Nexus 7 2012 Wi-Fi 8GB, Samsung Galaxy Nexus White, Samsung Nexus S

Previous Devices
LG Optimus L9, LG Optimus Black P970, LG Optimus One P500, Ainol Novo 7 Basic (MIPS), Acer Liquid E, Samsung Galaxy i7500, HTC Magic, Nokia 6070, Samsung SGH-X488

limiter121
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley321 View Post
Stuck on requesting root on the first try, successful in the second time.
Did SuperSU ask you to grant permissions to "shell" when it hanged ?

stanley321
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by limiter121 View Post
Did SuperSU ask you to grant permissions to "shell" when it hanged ?
I have granted SU permission to shell, so it won't prompt anyway.
The app is then not responding and I have to force close it.
Current Devices
Sony Xperia V, ASUS Nexus 7 2012 Wi-Fi 8GB, Samsung Galaxy Nexus White, Samsung Nexus S

Previous Devices
LG Optimus L9, LG Optimus Black P970, LG Optimus One P500, Ainol Novo 7 Basic (MIPS), Acer Liquid E, Samsung Galaxy i7500, HTC Magic, Nokia 6070, Samsung SGH-X488

limiter121
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I have granted SU permission to shell, so it won't prompt anyway.
The app is then not responding and I have to force close it.
Yeah, the app will appear to hang but it actually waits for adb to work it's magic.
Is there any chance you could send me a copy of the system log ?

To do so, open the Console app, enter "Backup TA" in the search field in the top right corner (to filter the logs) and make sure that "All Messages" is selected in the Log list (sidebar) on the left side of the window. At this point there should be lots of messages from Backup TA shown. You can now go to File -> Save a copy as... and send that file to me so I can look at what went wrong.

Thanks !

stanley321
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Yeah, the app will appear to hang but it actually waits for adb to work it's magic.
Is there any chance you could send me a copy of the system log ?

To do so, open the Console app, enter "Backup TA" in the search field in the top right corner (to filter the logs) and make sure that "All Messages" is selected in the Log list (sidebar) on the left side of the window. At this point there should be lots of messages from Backup TA shown. You can now go to File -> Save a copy as... and send that file to me so I can look at what went wrong.

Thanks !
Tried but nothing show up after the search!?

So I think it is just a case that I'm too hurry to check the app and closed it earlier than I should while it is working.
Current Devices

Previous Devices

limiter121
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Tried but nothing show up after the search!?

So I think it is just a case that I'm too hurry to check the app and closed it earlier than I should while it is working.
Try selecting system.log in the sidebar and then search for Backup TA, it should work.

Anyway, I'll implement a better way to get logs from the app soon

stanley321
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Try selecting system.log in the sidebar and then search for Backup TA, it should work.

Anyway, I'll implement a better way to get logs from the app soon
I find it but can't get it up here...

We are sorry, your post was flagged by our system and was blocked from submitting. If you believe this was in error, please contact an admin to report this.

Looking at it, I think I just closed it too early. Nothing wrong with your part!
Current Devices

Previous Devices
The Following User Says Thank You to stanley321 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

limiter121
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I find it but can't get it up here...

We are sorry, your post was flagged by our system and was blocked from submitting. If you believe this was in error, please contact an admin to report this.

Looking at it, I think I just closed it too early. Nothing wrong with your part!
Too bad about the log, but thanks a lot for testing and helping

Tags
backup and restore, mac os x, ta partition