Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,490 Members 44,666 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keep calm and hope

Tip us?

Landrea
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Unhappy Keep calm and hope

Hey there, it's been a while since my last post.
This is what happened to me:
my (beautiful, beloved, perfectly tuned, 3-months-old) Moto G decided to shut itself off about 10 days ago and never come back alive.
It's likea brick, no fastboot or recovery mode, just a "blink" of the led the moment I plug it into charge.

I've sent the phone to Motorola, I hope they could fix it.
My Moto is unlocked and rooted, I don't know if this can be a problem for the warranty... I hope not, because I think the issue is absolutely not related with rootingor so.

I'll keep you posted.

A hug from my old phone (Xperia mini pro)
The Following User Says Thank You to Landrea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kirmr
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I think that as you are in EU, unlocked bootloader is not a problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to kirmr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SbM_
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Knowing how it turns out will be interesting though, as EU legislation is open to interpretation. So yes, please keep us posted, and meanwhile: good luck
Moto G [XT1032 8 GB retail FR]
Nexus 7 [grouper 16 GB]
Acer CloudMobile (S500)
Acer Liquid Glow (E330)

The Following User Says Thank You to SbM_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sard Shift
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
I'm sorry to say, but your warranty is definitely void.

Quoted from the Bootloader Unlocked Warning:
"Your device's bootloader has been unlocked, allowing critical software components to be altered in a manner that may cause damage to the device or result in injury to users.
Motorola disclaims any liability for harm to person or property resulting from use of this device. Except for Developer Edition devices, all warranties are null and void."

Will definitely be following your story though. Would like to know what happens next. Keep us posted!

rogeriorp
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Should've just simply hold power for 2 minutes while plugged in on a power source, the battery is most likely dry.

Enviado de meu Moto G usando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rogeriorp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FelzPT
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same thing happened to mine a while ago... one day i had like 15% battery and put it to the charger during the night, next morning it was shut off.. I tried to start it and the only thing that would show up was the 0% battery screen... eventually i tried and got into the bootloader screen, and pluged it into my pc inhopes to reflash the stock rom cuz i thought it was some kind of software related problem, but by plugging it in during bootloader i noticed it didnt even recognise my pc and it didnt charge up. But now all it does is blink the led when plugged in... and when it is plugged into my pc i can hear the sound of something being plugged in and out over and over again..
I already contacted Amazon UK and got a replacement, didnt even contact Motorola cuz they have no stores in Portugal...
I think it must be some software problem or maybe micro-usb related problem... or even the battery being dry..
Ah by the way i tried lots of thing and none worked like holding power while conected, holding power and vol-down..
So if you cant even get in the bootloader screen i dont think you have to worry about warranty, cuz there is no way to access the phone..

Sorry for my bad english...

eemgee
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sard Shift View Post
I'm sorry to say, but your warranty is definitely void.

Quoted from the Bootloader Unlocked Warning:
"Your device's bootloader has been unlocked, allowing critical software components to be altered in a manner that may cause damage to the device or result in injury to users.
Motorola disclaims any liability for harm to person or property resulting from use of this device. Except for Developer Edition devices, all warranties are null and void."

Will definitely be following your story though. Would like to know what happens next. Keep us posted!

That's the motorola warranty, the European warranty over rides that and is for two years.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eemgee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

denzel09
Old
Thanks Meter 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrea View Post
Hey there, it's been a while since my last post.
This is what happened to me:
my (beautiful, beloved, perfectly tuned, 3-months-old) Moto G decided to shut itself off about 10 days ago and never come back alive.
It's likea brick, no fastboot or recovery mode, just a "blink" of the led the moment I plug it into charge.

I've sent the phone to Motorola, I hope they could fix it.
My Moto is unlocked and rooted, I don't know if this can be a problem for the warranty... I hope not, because I think the issue is absolutely not related with rootingor so.

I'll keep you posted.

A hug from my old phone (Xperia mini pro)
Good luck buddy
The Following User Says Thank You to denzel09 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ChavitoArg
Old
Thanks Meter 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeriorp View Post
Should've just simply hold power for 2 minutes while plugged in on a power source, the battery is most likely dry.

This. [emoji106]

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk
Galaxy Nexus (Maguro)

Previous devices:
Galaxy S2, Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia X10 Mini.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChavitoArg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Landrea
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Thank you ALL for your support

I'll keep you posted as I get something new.
10 days now since they got the broken Moto - still silence.

See you soon, friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeriorp View Post

My dearest,
of course I tried this procedure. No luck.