Lightbulb I have a really great idea. PLEASE READ.

OP T Greezy

5th May 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 7

74 posts
More
We all know how all of us want to spend as little money as possible, and have the best speeds and coverage. This is where my idea comes in. I recently switched from Verizon, to TMO. It hasn't been easy. TMO is in the middle, while Verizon is top dog in nationwide coverage (ahead of AT&T and so on) I went onto every carrier website and acted as if I were to build my own plan. I noticed that if you specify that you WANT or HAVE a smartphone, your plan went up regardless of how much data you chose, or minutes and texts. (Doesn't apply as much since talk and text are unlimited)

Here is where my idea comes in.
1. Choose up to as many lines as you need.
2. Choose all basic phones.
3. Get the max amount of data for the carrier you're going to switch to or are on.
4. Change the amount of data you want later on, and so on.
Then, this is where it gets a little confusing. So, bare with me guys!

You would get today's "basic sim". They have changed, but I am taking about a SIM for a flip phone of some sort. I am aware that some phones are sim free, but I know that some that do require some sort of sim card. You somehow ask to get 1,2,3,4,5,6 GB's of data on THAT basic sim. Now, I don't know how you would enable 4G/LTE on there, because it looks like they are incompatible. Somehow, someone could enable 4G on those basic sims, SOMEHOW. Then, cut it depending on what smartphone you want and bam. Save $10-20$ per phone. The fact that the carrier "knows" you're going to want a plan that involves one or more smartphones, bumps up your bill. I honestly don't think basic sims even support 3g, but with this day and technology, anything is possible. Anyone have any kind of idea of what I am saying?
16th May 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #2  
Manata
Thanks Meter: 5

51 posts
really its a great idea i like it . i appreciate it..................................
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread