New to Android here.
My co-worker talked me into getting and Android phone. I decided to go with the note 3. After leaning about ROMs and all that I wanted to test some out. I tested some out then wanted to make Hyperdrive my stock ROM. I was very stupid and kept the ROM file in my system. Well when I whipped the system folder, the ROM file went with it. So I followed the steps for the bricking tutorial and when I put my phone in download mode and launch Odin, its not found by Odin. Also I do have the drivers and I was not sure if I enabled USB debugging mode.
Able to access E3
Able to access phone in download mode through Odin
SECURE CHECK FAIL : PIT When using Heimdall Frontend to create partion
Not able to be detected by Odin in download mode but is able to when stuck on boot logo
So, after starting this thread. I was thinking about being a good trouble shooter and retracing my steps.
After sitting down for a good 5 hours ( been working on this even before starting the thread ) and reading through the steps, learning ADB and just learning how Odin works in general, I found the stickler.
What it turned out to be is that when you have to change the driver with Zadig, it caused the phone to stop being found in Odin.
How I fixed this is going into Device Manager > Ticking the tab that says Show hidden devices > Finding the device "MSM8960" > Unplug the phone > Uninstall the driver > Plug the phone in again > Let Windows handle the drivers.
Then I followed the tutorial once again and boom. My phone worked.