FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Sprint LG G2 Unbrick/Back to Stock (Download Mode Required)

144 posts
Thanks Meter: 253

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Windows 7 ...Not sure if it works with Windows 8. Test and inform me please ZV7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Kamel

12. For S/W browse to "LG G2 Stock" Folder and select LS980ZV7_01.tot file

If you can get into download mode by holding Vol Up and then connecting a USB cable (while the device is off) then this method will work for you.

http://www.rwilco12.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=96

Thank you @rwilco12 for hosting the download

1. Download the above Zip and extract it to a folder on your Desktop called "LG G2 Stock" (or whatever you prefer to name it).

2. Install LGUnitedMobileDriver from "LG G2 Stock" Folder

3. Install Setup_LGFlashTool from "LG G2 Stock" Folder (You will get a log in error if you try to open it)

4. Extract MegaLock.zip from the "LG G2 Stock" Folder to C:\LG\LGFlashTool and overwrite existing MegaLock.dll file. This gets around the Log in Error you got before when you tried to open it.

6. Put phone in Download mode by holding Volume up for a couple seconds and then plugging the phone in via USB.

7. Go to Windows Start Menu and under "search programs and files" type "device manager" and open it up.

8. Go to Ports (COM & LPT). You should see LGE AndroidNet etc... Right click it and go to Properties > Port Settings > Advanced > Change COM Port Number to COM41 > OK > OK > Close Device Manager

9. You should have a LGFlashTool shortcut on your desktop. Double Click it to open it up.

10. In the Model Config that opens up Select Manual Mode in top left.

11. For DLL browse to "LG G2 Stock" folder and select LGLS980_20130904_LGFLASHv151.dll file

13. Hit OK and then click the Yellow Arrow in top left of LG Flash Tool. Wait for it to say "READY!!"

14. Unplug your phone and power it off (it may reboot before you can power it off).

15. Go back into download mode and the stock ROM will start flashing on it's own. It should take no more than 10 minutes. It may stop around 80% but your phone will say 100% and reboot and Presto! Back to stock or unbricked! (Whichever you were trying to do)

Thanks and I hope this helps!
Last edited by Red_Kamel; 7th May 2014 at 06:54 AM.
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Red_Kamel For This Useful Post: [ View ]

21st February 2014, 11:51 PM |#2  
Flag columbus,ohio
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Woohoo!! Lol you my dude, just saved my backside,lol....GREAT JOB!!!!!!Many Thanks...
The Following User Says Thank You to warp64 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 03:27 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nashville

Donate to Me
More
You, my dude, are welcome
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Red_Kamel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 05:20 AM |#4  
Flag Sangli
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:

If you can get into download mode by holding Vol Up and then connecting a USB cable (while the device is off) then this method will work for you.

EDIT: Link Temporarily Down. I will have it back up tonight on a better server

NEW LINK TO COME SOON

1. Download the above Zip and extract it to a folder on your Desktop called "LG G2 Stock" (or whatever you prefer to name it).

3. Install Setup_LGFlashTool from "LG G2 Stock" Folder (You will get a log in error if you try to open it)

4. Extract MegaLock.zip from the "LG G2 Stock" Folder to C:\LG\LGFlashTool and overwrite existing MegaLock.dll file. This gets around the Log in Error you got before when you tried to open it.

6. Put phone in Download mode by holding Volume up for a couple seconds and then plugging the phone in via USB.

7. Go to Windows Start Menu and under "search programs and files" type "device manager" and open it up.

8. Go to Ports (COM & LPT). You should see LGE AndroidNet etc... Right click it and go to Properties > Port Settings > Advanced > Change COM Port Number to COM41 > OK > OK > Close Device Manager

9. You should have a LGFlashTool shortcut on your desktop. Double Click it to open it up.

11. For DLL browse to "LG G2 Stock" folder and select LGLS980_20130904_LGFLASHv151.dll file

13. Hit OK and then click the Yellow Arrow in top left of LG Flash Tool. Wait for it to say "READY!!"

14. Unplug your phone and power it off (it may reboot before you can power it off).

15. Go back into download mode and the stock ROM will start flashing on it's own. It should take no more than 10 minutes. It may stop around 80% but your phone will say 100% and reboot and Presto! Back to stock or unbricked! (Whichever you were trying to do)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1_enthusiast

install the driver on your computer again and try ADB...

if not...gluck man I dont think there is another way.

I brricked my phone LG G2 Sprint and now i am in trouble ...phone not booting..
only i get the sideload via Recovery mode...
need a Recovery TWRP/CWM any...
and the way to flash the Recovery...

as i have changed the build.prop's setting
ro.build.target_operators= SPR
to
ro.build.target_operators= OPEN

and restarted it and then ..the ENd.
phone not starting...

tried to use LG Flash TOOL the .dll and .tot downloaded of Sprint
but the error comes for dll as i have changed build.prop to OPEN
so that LG FLASH TOOL is also not working..

figured out the solution but the way for these solution is still far...

just need the WAY for the solution..

Solution : Need to Replace the build.prop(OPEN) which is edited ONE ----> to-----> Original build.prop(SPR) [so that can use your said procedure]
if can't replace then should be able to edit the OPEN to SPR again
Only the things can work thru SIDELOAD only.
Also need a way to flash the Recovery in LG G2 SPRINT (so as to push or edit the build.prop) that to via SIDELOAD
The WAY : ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
?? ? ? ?? ? ?
(It's Really a Milky Way) {UNSEEN}

Please Help.
22nd February 2014, 05:55 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nashville

Donate to Me
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2641831&page=2

See this thread post #18. It may help fix your problem.

Maybe go to Help and Troubleshooting http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/help

RK
Last edited by Red_Kamel; 22nd February 2014 at 09:38 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Red_Kamel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 06:17 AM |#6  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / AndroidFileHost Rep
Thanks Meter: 12,113

Donate to Me
More
Nice work my friend! Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rwilco12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 04:25 PM |#7  
Flag Ponce
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Please help me
Quote:

http://www.rwilco12.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=96

Thank you @rwilco12 for hosting the download

he e

Hello...id been looking for help since two days Reading and following ecery steps with no luck i have the exact problema. I follow your guide but i get fail CroosDL Device Model different or something like that it shows that the model and the firmware im tryng to flash are differents. I also find in this section a thread where someone posted a dll file to use as a combo whith sprint tot file and i got the same results. I also tried back to stock using lg suppor tool but it get stock on donwloading firmware,

I was trying to get into fastboot to flash twrp image and slideload but i cant , found a thread saying is preesing vol + while plugging usb but like that i just get into download mode again. My phone keep rebooting. Thanks for any help.
22nd February 2014, 06:52 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nashville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoG28

he e

Hello...id been looking for...

See post number #5 above. Thre is a link to a thread that might adress your issue. What model does LG Flash tool think your phone is?
22nd February 2014, 07:04 PM |#9  
Flag Ponce
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:

See post number #5 above. Thre is a link to a thread that might adress your issue. What model does LG Flash tool think your phone is?

tmo d801
22nd February 2014, 07:06 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nashville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoG28

tmo d801

The guy in the thread I posted above I believe had thexact same problem. I think the fix is post #18
22nd February 2014, 09:25 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm.mohanani@gmail.com

I brricked my phone LG G2 Sprint and now i am in trouble ...phone not booting..
only i get the sideload via Recovery mode...
need a Recovery TWRP/CWM any...
and the way to flash the Recovery...

as i have changed the build.prop's setting
ro.build.target_operators= SPR
to
ro.build.target_operators= OPEN

and restarted it and then ..the ENd.
phone not starting...

tried to use LG Flash TOOL the .dll and .tot downloaded of Sprint
but the error comes for dll as i have changed build.prop to OPEN
so that LG FLASH TOOL is also not working..

figured out the solution but the way for these solution is still far...

just need the WAY for the solution..

Solution : Need to Replace the build.prop(OPEN) which is edited ONE ----> to-----> Original build.prop(SPR) [so that can use your said procedure]
if can't replace then should be able to edit the OPEN to SPR again
Only the things can work thru SIDELOAD only.
Also need a way to flash the Recovery in LG G2 SPRINT (so as to push or edit the build.prop) that to via SIDELOAD
The WAY : ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
?? ? ? ?? ? ?
(It's Really a Milky Way) {UNSEEN}

Please Help.

I had about the same problem, restored the appliance in the following way:
Turn off the device completely
Press the Vol+ and the power and opens in Factory Hard Reset process. push the power button twice to accept to start the process.
Restarted the device and opens in any situation.
Close the device completely.
Press Vol+ and you connect the USB cable and opens the device in Download mode-Firmware Update
Expect to finish installing the drivers on the computer.
do right click on my computer icon, choose Properties and Device Management choose the COM/LPT Ports there you will see your device to be attached to some COMx selects and do again properties-settings-Advanced-Port port number the change by COMx in COM41, press Ok and close all Windows.
Run the LGFlashTools program you choose the LGLS980_20130904_LGFLASHv151.dll and LS980ZV8_13.51097.tot, in Action Mode you choose UPGRADE DL and USB Connection Mode you choose.
from the icons you click the icon and choose serial is checked, all OK and close the window, then hit the yellow arrow and wait to complete control of files when your completed written ready.
Un-plug the USB from device to start the flash update process

Stock FIrmware
dll file

I wish to be helped

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
download mode, sprint lg g2, stock rom, unbrick
Previous Thread Next Thread