Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,395 Members 46,574 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

audio - speakers stopped working suddenly

Tip us?

xdausernote2
Old
(Last edited by xdausernote2; 15th May 2014 at 11:23 PM.) Reason: update 1
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default audio - speakers stopped working suddenly

Hi,

I have an unlocked - rooted ATT Note2 with Temasek ROM v 50. I have been using it for several months now happily.

All of a sudden, few days ago I started having problems with audio.

1. On an incoming call, I do not hear the incoming call ringtone, Once I pick the call, I can hear the called in "ear piece" but not in "loud speaker on the back" and they can happily hear me also.
If I have head phones connected, I hear the incoming call ringtone in headphones properly.

2. Videos I have in my phone or youtube vidoes, does not produce any sound.

3. If I go to Settings and select a different ringtone etc, I remember that the ring tone I selected is played immediately, but now I do not hear that also.

I went through all the settings, profiles, vibration settings etc. No Success.

I cleaned cache, dalvik and reinstalled the Temasek 50 ROM that I have been using for several months. No Success.

Just now I went through this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...1826167/page17
I installed Samsung Care app and did their sound test.
When I am in the App, "ear piece" sound WORKED but not rear loud speaker. I was half happy.

Once I am out of the app, the "ear piece" sound is working from videos, youtube and in settings ( problem 2, problem 3) above, but not working for incoming calls ( problem 1) above.

My next step would be going to either Samsung stock ROM or another ROM with full clean up.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Update 1:
Every time I reboot, I am having the problem 2 and 3. After I go through the Samsung Care app Audio Test, then the problem 2 and problem 3 go away. Still no solution for Problem 1 above.

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 3503
I suggest that you full wipe and flash a rooted stock rom...
Zen Arcades rom would do nicely...
That way...you'll get unaltered audio drivers for testing the hardware properly...

If the problem persists...you may have a hardware problem...g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g
The Following User Says Thank You to gregsarg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xdausernote2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you for the suggestion.

I have fully wiped the phones internal storage, dalvik, cache and flashed the old Stock ROM that worked perfectly fine before. It did not solve my problem.

I will Zen Arcades ROM soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsarg View Post
I suggest that you full wipe and flash a rooted stock rom...
Zen Arcades rom would do nicely...
That way...you'll get unaltered audio drivers for testing the hardware properly...

If the problem persists...you may have a hardware problem...g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to xdausernote2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]