Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 44,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT]Xperia Z1 Touch Screen Tweak

Tip us?

aznrogerazn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default [ROOT]Xperia Z1 Touch Screen Tweak

Since there's no thread about fixing this here in Z1's forum, I'd make one with possible fix on the crazy touch screen problem.

As far as I know, this is a firmware-related problem, and can be fixed by tweaking down the touch screen sensitivity. You'll need
to be rooted to use this modification. Always remember, try at your own risk, and don't forget to hit thanks button if I helped!!

HOWTO:
1. Take a backup with CWM or TWRP.
2. Use any root explorer that you like, and navigate to /system/usr/idc/.
3. Copy the file "clearpad.idc" to somewhere else, like the SDcard storage for editing.
4. Open up the file with Jota+ or the text editor of your choice, and find the line "touch.filter.level". By default it would be 2, but
here I would suggest a value of either 5 or 6 for lowered sensitivity.
Code:
Select Code
touch.filter.level=6
5.Save the file and then mount /system as writable.
Code:
Select Code
mount -o remount,rw /system /system
6. Paste the modified clearpad.idc back to /system/usr/idc/ and set correct permissions.
Code:
Select Code
cp clearpad.idc /system/usr/idc/ && chmod 644 /system/usr/idc/clearpad.idc
7. Remount /system as read-only and reboot.
Code:
Select Code
mount -o remount,ro /system /system && reboot
Well, this worked for me, and as I know there are lots of people out there irritated by this problem, this should provide a proper
method for restoring the functionality for their Z1's. Now a greasy screen and slight moisture would not upset the touch screen unlike before.

p.s. I'm on NUT's .290 with C6903. This should also work for other models and Android versions.

If this worked for you, then please kindly click on the THANKS button down below <3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-26-08-20-20.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	2601381  
Primary device: Sony Xperia Z1 C6903 International LTE
SlimKat Build 05 AOSP, Linux Version 3.4
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aznrogerazn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Banwell13
Old
Thanks Meter 101

DONATE TO ME
Default I posted this fix already.

I have already posted this fix in 2 threads.

danytrial
Old
Thanks Meter 99
I just did, after testing will post my results

Enviado desde mi C6906 mediante Tapatalk

chunlianghere
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznrogerazn View Post
Since there's no thread about fixing this here in Z1's forum, I'd make one with possible fix on the crazy touch screen problem.

As far as I know, this is a firmware-related problem, and can be fixed by tweaking down the touch screen sensitivity. You'll need
to be rooted to use this modification. Always remember, try at your own risk, and don't forget to hit thanks button if I helped!!

HOWTO:
1. Take a backup with CWM or TWRP.
2. Use any root explorer that you like, and navigate to /system/usr/idc/.
3. Copy the file "clearpad.idc" to somewhere else, like the SDcard storage for editing.
4. Open up the file with Jota+ or the text editor of your choice, and find the line "touch.filter.level". By default it would be 2, but
here I would suggest a value of either 5 or 6 for lowered sensitivity.
Code:
Select Code
touch.filter.level=6
5.Save the file and then mount /system as writable.
Code:
Select Code
mount -o remount,rw /system /system
6. Paste the modified clearpad.idc back to /system/usr/idc/ and set correct permissions.
Code:
Select Code
cp clearpad.idc /system/usr/idc/ && chmod 644 /system/usr/idc/clearpad.idc
7. Remount /system as read-only and reboot.
Code:
Select Code
mount -o remount,ro /system /system && reboot
Well, this worked for me, and as I know there are lots of people out there irritated by this problem, this should provide a proper
method for restoring the functionality for their Z1's. Now a greasy screen and slight moisture would not upset the touch screen unlike before.

p.s. I'm on NUT's .290 with C6903. This should also work for other models and Android versions.

If this worked for you, then please kindly click on the THANKS button down below <3
too bad, it doesnt work. tried change to 1 or 7, but problem still exist.

there is already other thread talking about tis.

Sony Xperia Z1 | DooMKernel v08 / Advance Stock with Recovery v02 (681) Kernel | Stock De-Odex 14.3.A.0.681 KitKat 4.4 ROM

Sony Xperia V | vKernel-Xperia 1.2.5 Kernel | Smart Xperia™ ROM SX.05.1.A.2.425 (9.1.A.1.140)

Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray | xKernel v9.587-C | Android 4.1.B.0.587 Ice Cream Sandwich FlyLight

Nokia 2100 -> SE K300i -> SE W660i -> SE K770i -> SE G700 -> SE W995 -> SE Xperia Ray -> Sony Xperia V -> Sony Xperia Z1

rasoooli
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunlianghere View Post
too bad, it doesnt work. tried change to 1 or 7, but problem still exist.

there is already other thread talking about tis.
then what can we do?
Please Add Arabic / Persian / Hebrew support to your Rom & App

Richylitschy
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasoooli View Post
then what can we do?
Ive got the problem too with no AFS on the phone ://

Currently, Im able to solve the problem by wiping the phone for like 10secs with my tshirt. After that the touchscreen ALWAYS works flawlessly for like 5 mins. Im going to buy a new protector tomorrow and hope that that is going to fix this issue!
Nokia 5800 - broke :/ ==> iPhone 3GS - sold ==> Samsung Galaxy S - sold ==> HTC Sensation - retired after faulty screen replacement ==>
Samsung Galaxy S4 - lost :// ==> LG Optimus G - for sale ==> Sony Xperia Z1 - current

german8989
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richylitschy View Post
Ive got the problem too with no AFS on the phone ://

Currently, Im able to solve the problem by wiping the phone for like 10secs with my tshirt. After that the touchscreen ALWAYS works flawlessly for like 5 mins. Im going to buy a new protector tomorrow and hope that that is going to fix this issue!
Hi everybody!

For me, if i turn off the screen (only with the power button, nothing more), the problem fix during some time (sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes hours).

I have the latest stock version, locked bootloader and rooted. Xperia Z1 C6093.

omaroe666
Old
Thanks Meter 11
i think the many problem with the touch screen is by taking of the asf that sony puts on these phones. i took it of 2 days ago and since then it was always doing strange touchscreen things like making selections out of it's own or thinking there where 2 fingers on the screen.

chunlianghere
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaroe666 View Post
i think the many problem with the touch screen is by taking of the asf that sony puts on these phones. i took it of 2 days ago and since then it was always doing strange touchscreen things like making selections out of it's own or thinking there where 2 fingers on the screen.
mine never take out ASF already have strange touchscreen

Sony Xperia Z1 | DooMKernel v08 / Advance Stock with Recovery v02 (681) Kernel | Stock De-Odex 14.3.A.0.681 KitKat 4.4 ROM

Sony Xperia V | vKernel-Xperia 1.2.5 Kernel | Smart Xperia™ ROM SX.05.1.A.2.425 (9.1.A.1.140)

Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray | xKernel v9.587-C | Android 4.1.B.0.587 Ice Cream Sandwich FlyLight

Nokia 2100 -> SE K300i -> SE W660i -> SE K770i -> SE G700 -> SE W995 -> SE Xperia Ray -> Sony Xperia V -> Sony Xperia Z1